Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana came into existence in the year 1962. It is one of the oldest universities in the field of Agricultural Education. All the eligible candidates can apply for the application form online or can obtain it in person or by post. The same university conducts an entrance exam namely the PAU entrance exam for admission in UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses in various disciplines. All the residents of Punjab or the Union Territory of Chandigarh are eligible to apply for the PAU entrance exam. Aspirants who are planning to enroll themselves in Punjab Agricultural University for the academic year 2023 must read this post. The full detailed information such as PAU Admission 2023 eligibility, important dates, etc. is provided below.
PAU Admission 2023 Highlights
|Name of the University||Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana|
|Name of the entrance exam||PAU Entrance Exam|
|Conducting body||Punjab Agricultural University|
|Mode of application||Online / Offline|
|Courses offered||UG/ PG/ Doctoral Courses|
Punjab Agricultural University Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration begins||2nd week of April 2023|
|Last date of registration||2nd week of May 2023|
|Last date of submission with late fee||3rd week of May 2023|
|Entrance Exam||2nd week of June 2023|
|Interview/ Counseling||1st week of July 2023|
- Nationality: Only Indian National candidates can apply.
- Age criteria: There is no age bar set by the PAU to apply for admission.
B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with mandatory subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology/ Agriculture with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and a 2-year Diploma in Agriculture.
B. Tech (Food Technology): Candidates should clear 10+2 or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology/ Agriculture subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or hold a Certificate course in Food Processing & Preservation) from SLIET, Longowal.
Diploma in Agriculture: Passing 10th is mandatory.
Food Technology: Candidates must have passed B. Tech. Food Technology/ B.Sc. Agri/ B.Sc. Food Science or Technology/ B.Sc. Agri. (Hons)/ B.Sc. Home Science (4-year) with elective in Foods & Nutrition.
Agricultural Meteorology (PG Programme): Candidates must have a degree in B.Sc. Agri. / B.Sc. Forestry/ B.Sc. Hort. / B.Sc. Agri. (Hons).
Agronomy (Ph.D. Programme): Candidates must hold an M.Sc. degree in relevant subjects & B.Sc. Agri. (Hons)/ B.Sc. Agri. Degree.
Entomology (Ph.D. Programme): Applicants have to pass M.Sc. in relevant subjects & B.Sc. Agri. / B.Sc. Hort. / B.Sc. Agri. (Hons)/ B.Sc. Biotech/ B.Sc. Forestry.
PAU Admission Process
For UG Admission
- B.Sc. (Hons): PAU conducts CET which is followed by Interview/ Counseling.
- B.Sc. (Hons) (Architecture): On the basis of AAT score followed by counseling.
- B.Sc. (Hons) (Fashion Designing): DAT score followed by counseling.
- B.Tech.: PAU conducts CET and Counseling.
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering): On the basis of JEE Main score which is followed by counseling conducted by PTU, Kapurthala.
- Diploma: PAU conducts Interviews or Counseling.
For PG Admission
- M.Tech.: On the basis of MET score conducted by PAU followed by Interview.
- MCA, MCA Lateral entry, MBA, MJMC: PAU conducts MET and Interview.
- M.Sc.: PAU conducts MET and Interview rounds.
- M.Sc (Integrated): Separate entrance test by PAU.
- For Ph.D. Admission: On the basis of a Written Test (PET) and Interview or ICAR valid score.
PAU Admission 2023 Application Form
- For the online mode, applicants have to pay Rs. 5640/- for each entrance exam.
- Applicants can get the application form on the official website of Punjab Agricultural University.
- He/ she has to provide every detail in the application form incorrect way.
- Candidates have to upload their colored passport-sized photos and signature according to the given formats.
- Applicants can pay the charges through Challan, debit card, credit card or internet banking.
- After successful payment candidate has to send the printed copy of the duly signed application form along with the fee receipt to:
Punjab Agricultural University,
- For offline mode, candidates have to pay Rs. 4200 for each entrance test.
- Applicants can obtain the form from The Additional Director of Communication, Communication Centre, PAU, Ludhiana–141 004 (near University Gate Number 1)
- Fill out the application form with the correct details. Do not leave any box/ field blank.
- Attach your colored passport-sized photo and signature along with the application form.
- Deposit the entrance examination fee in HDFC Bank using Challan.
- Send the application form along with the fee receipt to The Registrar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana–141004
|Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Type of questions||MCQ- Multiple Choice Questions|
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Biology/ Home Science/ Agriculture
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official website of Punjab Agricultural University?
Ans. The official web portal of Punjab Agricultural University is www.pau.edu.in.
Question: What is the online registration date for Punjab Agricultural University Admission 2023?
Ans. The online application process for Punjab Agricultural University started in the 2nd week of April 2023.