Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research offers admission into a 4-year B.Sc Nursing and B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) course. For admission into this course, the entrance exam is conducted. The entrance test is organized by the PGIMER itself. The entrance examination is scheduled to be held in July. Therefore, all the candidates must start their exam preparation accordingly. Here we are providing all the details regarding PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2023. Check the complete post below to know about its application forms, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, important dates, etc.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam|
|Exam conducting authority||PGIMER, Chandigarh|
|Level of Exam||University level|
|Selection process||Entrance based|
|Admission into||B.Sc Nursing|
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2023 Important Dates
|Application form releases||2nd week of May 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of June 2023|
|Release of admit card||1st week of July 2023|
|Entrance exam||2nd week of July 2023|
|Result declaration||1st week of August 2023|
|Counseling begins||3rd week of August 2023|
Eligibility to Apply for B.Sc Nursing
For B.Sc Nursing:
- Only female candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should clear class 12th with 50% marks from any recognized board.
- Applicant must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as mandatory subjects in class 12th.
- The age of the candidates must be between 17 years to 25 years.
For Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
- Candidates must have cleared higher secondary/senior secondary/intermediate from any recognized board.
- The age of the applicant must not be more than 45 years as of 31st December 2023.
- Apart from this, they must have completed general nursing and midwifery with 50% marks. Also, they must hold 3 years of experience in nursing or public health nursing with any hospital/institute recognized by state/central government.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2023 Application Form
You need to fill the application form online mode. Follow these steps given below in order to fill the Application form:
- Applicants have to visit the official website of PGIMER, Chandigarh- www.pgimer.edu.in.
- After visiting the site, fill in all your basic details such as name, address, phone number, email id, ID Proof the application form.
- While providing these, a recent passport size photograph of the candidate and signature should also be uploaded in the given format.
- Moreover, they will have to upload their other documents that are mandatory in the application form.
- After uploading the documents, candidates need to pay the application fee through online mode. They can pay the application fee through their credit card, debit card, net banking, or the other available payment gateway.
- Lastly, do not forget to keep a few hard copies of the confirmation page for further use.
Note- In any case, the application fee will not be refunded.
- The examination mode will be online.
- The PGIMER B.Sc exam’s duration is 90 minutes.
- Questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- The medium of the exam will be English.
- Exam Timing- 9.00 AM to 10:30 AM.
- For a detailed view, check the table below:
|General knowledge/Current Affairs||10||10|
B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic)
|Scientific Principles Applied In Nursing Practice & Trends in Nsg||10||10|
|Child Health Nursing||15||15|
|Community Health Nursing Including Nutrition||15||15|
|Obstetric Nursing and Midwifery||15||15|
|Mental Health Nursing||15||15|
Entrance Exam Centres
- Delhi / NCR
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2023 Result
- The PGIMER will declare the result tentatively around the first week of August 2023.
- It will be available in online mode.
- The cutoff percentage for the general category is 50% whereas for the reserved category it is 45%.
- Candidates are required to clear this cut-off in order to qualify for the final selection procedure.
- Candidates will be able to check the result by logging into the official website of PGIMER – www.pgimer.edu.in.
- The result will be displayed in PDF format.
- Therefore through the result, you will see the scores secured in each section and overall marks as well.
- It will also mention the candidate’s name, application number, category, etc.
The selection of the candidates is confirmed on the basis of merit list as designed by the authority. The merit list mentions the information such as the name of the shortlisted candidates according to the performance of the aspirants in the qualifying entrance test. According to the percentile score obtained by the students in the examination the authority of the PGIMER will prepare the selection list for the deserving students. Consequently, candidates need to obtain the minimum cut off marks decided for each category.
The final decision to shortlist the candidates will be decided by the Director of PGIMER, Chandigarh. The minimum qualifying percentile for each category candidate in the written test will be:
Unreserved category – 50th percentile
ST/ SC/ OBC and PWD – 45th percentile
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When will the online registration process for Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research B.Sc Nursing begin?
Ans. The online application process has started in the second week of May 2023.
Question: Is there any negative marking in the PGIMER B.Sc Nursing exam?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks in the PGIMER B.Sc Nursing entrance examination.
Question: What is the application mode for the PGIMER B.Sc Nursing entrance test 2023?
Ans. The application mode will be online.
Question: In which mode PGIMER will conduct the B.Sc Nursing entrance test?
Ans. The exam will be organized in Computer Based Test.