In Singapore, the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) is a yearly national assessment that students take at the completion of their final year of primary level. The PSLE, which has been held annually since the 1960s, is a certification exam for children in their final year of primary school in Singapore. Check here for PSLE Exam Details.
Aspirants’ PSLE grades will be used to place them in relevant secondary school programs. The PSLE score is calculated by adding the topic scores, which range from 4 to 32. The PSLE is jointly examined by the Singapore Evaluations and Assessment Authority and the Ministry of Education Singapore.
PSLE Exam 2023: Exam Schedule & Important Dates
Aiming to make plans for the months leading up to the PSLE Written Exams? The Singapore Examination and Assessments Board (SEAB) has provided us with all of the relevant PSLE dates and examination timetables, which we have structured in our accessible PSLE Calendar.
Apart from some aspects of language studies, learners have roughly two hours to finish each subject exam. For specific sections of the exam, learners answer multiple-choice questions by darkening their answers on a standardized optical answer sheet (OAS) that employs optical mark identification to identify responses or by recording their functioning and/or solutions on the problem booklet itself.
The PSLE’s format and inclusion in Singapore’s educational system make it a part of the country’s national culture. The following is more information on PSLE Dates, including PSLE Exam Dates:
|Registration||1st week of March to 3rd week of March|
|Oral||1st week of August to 2nd week of August|
|Listening Comprehension||2nd week of September|
|Written Exam||4th week of September to 1st week of October|
|Marking Exercise||3rd week of October to 4th week of October|
PSLE Exam 2023: Guidelines
- Responses to Multiple Choice Questions remain shaded.
- On the Optical Response Sheet, darken your responses with a 2B pencil (OAS).
- Entirely and securely cover the oval. Failure to do so would result in ambiguous responses.
- The responses should not be written in the problem booklet because they will not be evaluated.
- If you want to alter your responses, you can use a gentle eraser. Prior to actually darkening the new oval, totally erase the darkened oval.
- In the assessments, never use correction fluid or tape because it may influence the readability of the responses. There have been cases where applicants did not finish their responses after using the correction fluid or tape.
- The time allotted for studying the questions, writing, and/or shading your responses is included in the timeframe of each examination.
- On two consecutive days, verbal examinations for English Language (EL)/Foundation Elective Language and Native Language/Foundation MTL will be conducted.
- Before the two days of your Verbal examination, your institution will notify you of your set deadline hour and the examination you will be taking.
- The exam halls, including the silent preparing area, do not carry any reading materials or notebooks.
PSLE Exam 2023: Result
Your PSLE outcome slip and assessment certificate will be sent to you by your institution. If you earn a mark for at least one PSLE subject, you will achieve your PSLE assessment certificate. The testing certificate does not represent ungraded subjects.
SEAB may detain your result slip and examination certificate awaiting the resolution of the investigation if it considers that any assessment rule or guideline has been broken. Throughout the investigation, you will be notified whether or not your result slip and assessment certificate will be sent to you.
PSLE Exam 2023: Important Tips
- The method to identify a strategy that would better educate kids in dealing with unexpected topics that need critical thought.
- Any effective strategy should have the following goals.
- Produce regular top math outcomes without jeopardizing the child’s mental health by putting in countless periods of practice and studying.
- Rather than forcing pupils to do arithmetic, build a genuine interest in it.
- Capable of laying a solid platform in the subject is feasible in early childhood. By the application of a simple strategy to comprehend math and solve increasingly complicated problems.
- Simple to comprehend and implement to a wide range of issues.