RAW Recruitment 2023: RAW or Research and Analysis Wing is the Foreign Intelligence service of India that reports directly to the PMO (Prime Minister’s Office). The headquarters of RAW is based in New Delhi. The main objective of RAW is to collect information regarding another country’s affairs and activities. Apart from this with it’s headquarters located in New Delhi. They reports straight to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
At first, RAW used to appoint trained offers from the external wing of the IB (Intelligence Bureau) and from Indian Armed Forces (IAF), Police and Indian Revenue Service (IRS). Now it has begun its own service cadre (Research and Analysis Service) to hire talents writing Group A Civil Service Exam under the Central Staffing Scheme. Civil services class 1 officers undergoing the foundation course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) are interviewed by Research and Analysis Wing at the finishing of the course. After that, candidates are admitted into RAW based on Psychological tests and Interviews. Apart from this, those who clear UPSC examination are also offered jobs at RAW. Check out more information about RAW Recruitment 2023 such as eligibility criteria, posts details, selection process, job profile, salary and more.
RAW Recruitment 2023 Posts
|Secretary||Class I/ Group A officers|
|Special Secretary / Additional Secretary||Class I/ Group A officers|
|Joint Secretary||Class I/ Group A officers|
|Director/ Deputy Secretary||Class I/ Group A officers|
|Senior Field Officer||Group A officers|
|Field Officer||Group A officers|
|Deputy Field Officer||Group A officers|
|Assistant Field Officer||Group B officers|
In order to become a RAW agent, candidates need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria regarding educational qualification, age and work experience.
Aspirants need to pass a Bachelors degree from a recognized university or organization. In addition to this, learning foreign language is mandatory to become a RAW agent.
The age of the applicants should be within 56 years of age. To become a RAW agent, twenty years of service is also required.
Apart from the above, there are other general criteria too:
- Only Indian nationals can take part in RAW recruitment process.
- Any candidates should not have any criminal history and they must not be drug addicts.
- They must be prepared to travel to any part of the country in short notice.
- As a RAW agent, you need to keep a secret from family and friends.
RAW Recruitment 2023 Job Profile
The job responsibility of RAW agent involves managing the political and military developments in the neighbouring countries of India. The objectives are as follows:
- To track the activities of the enemy and to notify the agency about the same.
- Gathering foreign intelligence.
- Preventing India’s National Security from internal as well as external forces.
- Overseeing counter terrorism operations
- Ensuring security of world leaders visiting India.
- Guiding policy makers in the country.
- Securing nuclear program of the country.
The selection process of RAW Recruitment 2023 involves a written examination followed by an interview round. Aspirants who wish to be a RAW agent have to take up Combined Graduate Preliminary Exam (CGPE) conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Candidates have to appear for the ‘Group A’ Civil Services Exam under the Central Staffing Scheme. Aspirants need to score well in all the stages of the Civil Service Examination (CSE). Only those candidates who clear these examinations will be eligible to appear for the RAW test.
At present, there is no official information and details about the salary of a RAW agent. It is evaluated to be approximately Rs. 80000 to Rs. 130000 monthly. Other perks of being a RAW agent includes:
- The agents or officials of RAW get two months of extra pay per financial year.
- In case any agent is asked to relocate/ shift 3to any foreign country and he/ she has children, they can be admitted in an international.
- The government will be responsible to pay the fee.
- The agents receive hardship allowance for the postings which have been classified as hardship postings by the official department.
- RAW employees working overseas receive particular Dearness Allowance (DA) and Foreign Service Allowance (FSA).
- Apart from this, they also get a special security allowance, which could be above their dearness allowance, basic pay and gross income.
RAW Agent Training
RAW agents and officers have to fulfill great responsibilities. Therefore, they need to undergo rigorous training. The training process is classified into two: Basic Training and Advanced Training. Check out the same below:
In the basic training of a RAW agent, a introduction is held in Delhi and is continued till ten days. During this period the RAW agents are introduced to the world of espionage and surveillance. They gets training in different languages, scientific knowledge, common techniques, information security, etc. There have to solve case studies in order to provide mental training.
After the completion of basic training, agents have to go for extensive training in Indian Military Academy. This training is for around one to two years. During the training period, agents learn survival methods to be acted upon during a mission. This includes avoiding capture, infiltration and exfiltration, handling interrogation and what to do, techniques of using espionage devices and other high technology gadgets. Additionally, they also learn to face cross examination of the enemy and techniques to hide secrets if caught.