The State Council of Education Educational Research and Training (SCERT) Chandigarh is the main competent body that provides admission to 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) to the eligible candidates. The application form for admission into D.El.Ed program will be made available soon. SCERT does not conduct any specific entrance examination for admission to D.El.Ed Program i.e. the selection of the contenders will be made on account of the merit list prepared by SCERT Chandigarh. The same will be prepared on the basis of marks acquired by the applicants in the qualifying degree examination.
The program is offered to take up the teaching profession at an elementary level in the NCTE recognized Teachers Education Institute of Chandigarh for the academic year 2023. Eligible Candidates are suggested to apply for the test only after confirming their eligibility. Here in this post, we have mentioned related information for the D.El.Ed Admission 2023.
SCERT Chandigarh D.El.Ed 2023 Highlights
|Application form||SCERT Chandigarh D.El.Ed|
|Conducting authority||State Council of Educational Research and Training, Chandigarh|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of selection||Merit-Based|
|Mode of examination||No examination|
|Date of Counselling||To be announced|
|Commencement of admission process||To be announced|
SCERT Chandigarh D.El.Ed 2023 Important Dates
|The application process starts from||To be announced|
|Last date to submit the form||To be announced|
|First provisional merit list release date||To be announced|
|Final merit list release date||To be announced|
|1st round counselling of Non-UT Pool (All Reserved and General)||To be announced|
|1st round counselling for UT Pool (All Reserved and General)||To be announced|
|2nd round counselling||To be announced|
|3rd round counselling||To be announced|
|Commencement of classes||To be announced|
- Age Limit: The age of the candidates should not be below 17 years of age as of September 01 of the particular year of admission.
- There are no upper age criteria for admission.
- Nationality: Contender must be a citizen of India and he/ she should possess local/ non-local status as laid down by the Chandigarh Government.
- Academic Qualification: The applicants must have passed class 12th exams or their equivalent.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: They should have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
- Relaxation: SC/ ST/ PH category candidates need to acquire 45% of marks.
SCERT Chandigarh D.El.Ed Application Form 2023
- The Application forms for SCERT Chandigarh will be accessible online mode via the official website of the admission managing authority.
- The application forms release date and complete exam schedule will soon be updated on the official portal.
- The application form must be completed with correct and complete details.
- Details filled by the applicant must be true and authentic as any of the incorrect details can lead to application form rejection through authority.
- Contenders must make sure to fill and submit the application before the last date of submission.
- Candidates should keep these documents ready with them at the time of filling application form such as
10th class certificate and mark sheets
12th class certificate and mark sheets
- All the contenders can pay the application fee of Rs.100/- through online mode.
- They can use payment modes such as debit cards, credit cards, or net banking.
SCERT Chandigarh D.El.Ed 2023 Merit List
Upon successful completion application period, SCERT, Chandigarh will release the merit list for D.El.Ed program on its website i.e. www.siechd.nic.in. The merit list will contain the names of the qualified candidates for admission to the program. For those, who want to take Joint admission to D.El.Ed course, the admission council prepares a merit list for UT and Non-UT pool candidates separately. For the preparation of the merit list, the marks of the candidates in the Bachelor’s degree are considered. The final merit list will be made available on the specified website of the State Council of Educational Research and Training, Chandigarh.
Details Mentioned in the Merit List
The following details are mentioned in the merit list:
- Candidate’s Name
- Form Number
- Date of Birth
- Name of Parent
- Maximum Marks
- Marks obtained
- Marks Percentage
- NSS weightage
- Total Marks Percentage
- Category Rank
- Overall Rank
SCERT Chandigarh D.El.Ed Selection Criteria
The admission to the D.El.Ed for session 2023 in Chandigarh SCERT will be purely based on marks scored in Bachelor’s degree by the applicant. Those candidates who have performed well and secured excellent marks in graduation will have their names on the merit list for sure. Meanwhile, such candidates have to satisfy all the eligibility criteria and need to verify the documents during counseling process for the final selection for admission.
|Non UT Pool||15%|