The service selection Board (SSB) is the main authority that holds the power to shortlist the potential candidates to become an officer in Indian Armed Forces (Army, Air Force, and Navy) by conducting the SSB Interview 2023. To appear for the SSB Interview, eligible candidates firstly need to pass the written exam conducted by UPSC. The interview is mainly an evaluation process including both written and practical task-based tests. The evaluation process takes place for 5 to 6 days and it determines the personality traits and intelligence of the aspirant.
NDA (I) SSB Interview Registration Process 2023 will shortly begin after the commencement of the written test. From this article, aspirants can collect complete information regarding SSB Interview 2023. Read the full post till the end to have complete knowledge of the same.
SSB Interview 2023 Eligibility
Those who are willing to join the Indian Armed forces and be an officer need to go through an SSB Interview and clear any of the following exams.
- Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS)
- Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)
- National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (NDA & NA Exam)
The aspirant should be a graduate in order to appear for the AFCAT or CDS. Whereas, candidates can appear for the NA & NDA exam after successfully clearing the 12th level exam.
SSB Interview 2023 Important Dates
|NDA I||NDA II|
|Release of Notification||December 2022||June 2023|
|Availability of Online Application Form||December 2022||June 2023|
|Last date to apply||January 2023||June 2023|
|Issuance of Admit card||March 2023||August 2023|
|NDA 2023 Exam||April 2023||November 2023|
|Declaration of Result||June 2023||November 2023|
SSB Interview 2023 Stages
There are a total number of two stages i.e. Stage I and Stage II.
- In the first stage, the official will organize Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) test which is followed by a Picture Perception & Description Test (PPDT).
- Both OIR and PPDT take place on the first day itself and the candidates who will fail to clear this stage will not be eligible to appear in the further rounds of the SSB interview.
- For the second stage, only stage 1 qualified candidates will be allowed to participate.
- This stage will be conducted for 4 to 5 days.
- Psychology Tests, Group Testing Officer Tasks, conferences, etc. will take place in this stage.
SSB Interview 2023 Day-by-Day Process
Day 1 – Stage 1 (NDA Screening Test)
- On the first day, all the participants will be screened via the verbal and non-verbal intelligence test followed by the PPDT test.
- A total no. of 50 questions will be there in the Intelligence test, each from verbal and nonverbal reasoning.
- For the PPDT test, candidates will see a picture for 30 seconds, and then they will have to write a story about that picture and further narrate his story in under one minute.
Day 2 – Stage 2 (NDA Psychology Test)
The Psychological Tests will start on the second day. The process is as follows:
- Word Association Test: In this test, you will get 15 general words from day-to-day life. Each word will be displayed before you for 15 seconds. You will have to write, the first thought that came to your mind regarding that word.
- Thematic Appreciation Test: This test is much like PPDT. Here, you will be able to see 12 clear images for 30 seconds each. You have to write a story in response to every image you see. 4 minutes will be allocated to write a story for each image. The last picture will be a blank slide and the candidates will have to narrate a story by themselves.
- Self Description Test: In this test, 5 questions regarding your teacher, friends, and parents and your perception about yourself will be there.
- Situation Reaction Test: In the situation reaction test, you will receive a booklet containing 60 situations. You need to submit your response to all 60 situations within 30 minutes (half-hour).
Day 3 and 4 – Stage 2 (NDA Group Test by GTO)
On the 3rd and 4th days, the Group Testing Officer will conduct tasks consisting of the following activities:
- Group Discussion: In this round, the candidates will be given a certain topic and they have to discuss that, generally from the current affairs section.
- Group Planning Exercise: In this round, you have to provide your own solution to a model real-life problem. You need to discuss the problem with your other group members and provide a mutual solution to that.
- Progressive Group Task: This task will test your physical ability where you have to cross four obstacles along with your other group members with the help of materials like wood log and rope, etc.
- Snake Race: In this race, your group has to contend with other groups.
- Lecturette: In this task, each candidate will have to give a lecture on a particular topic for 3 minutes at least.
- Half Group Task: The task is similar to the Progressive Group task, you have to pass some obstacles along with your other group members. However, in this task, your group will be divided into two half.
- Individual Obstacles: To pass this round, you have to clear 10 obstacles separately in 3 minutes.
- Command Task: In this task, a candidate will be made a commander and he will have to pass the obstacle using his two subordinates.
- Final Group: This is the last GTO task where you have to pass some obstacles along with your other group members.
Note: The official authorities will also organize the Personal Interview along with GTO tasks on the same day.
Day 5 – Result Day (Final assessment and conference)
- On the 5th day i.e. the last day, a panel of officers will have a conversation with each candidate. They will access the attitude and confidence of the candidate towards general adversity in life.
- After having a conversation with each and every candidate, the panel of officers will declare the result in an hour.
- Shortlisted candidates after the conference of SSB Interview 2023 will be informed to attend the medical examination to be organized in a further 3 to 4 days.
SSB Interview 2023 Documents Required
- SSB Call Letter
- Mark sheet and certificate of Class 10th and 12th.
- Mark sheet and certificate of Graduation
- Identity Proof
- NOC Certificate (if candidates are currently working in PSU or govt. organization)
- Original copy of tickets
- Risk certificate completely signed by parent/guardian (for minor candidates)
- 20 passport size photograph