Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET 2023) is organized for candidates who are seeking to pursue a course in actuarial sciences. Those who can qualify for this examination will be eligible for the student membership IAI. This examination is commenced by the Institute of Actuaries of India every year and has undertaken a number of changes from the year 2012.
The application form for the same will be available in the fourth week of October 2023 for the January session. Candidates can obtain the same via online mode. Applicants, who register for the ACET examination, will get a confirmation call. Apart from the call, you will also get an email on your registered valid email id confirming your registration. Registered candidates will also get a link through which you can proceed to the next step. If you want to know more about ACET 2023, go through this complete post.
ACET 2023 Important Dates
For January Session:
|Online application form release date||4th week of October 2022|
|The deadline to submit the form||3rd week of December 2022|
|Admit card release date||4th week of December 2022|
|ACET Exam||2nd week of January 2023|
|Result||3rd week of January 2023|
For March Session:
|Online application form release date||4th week of January 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||1st week of March 2023|
|Admit card release date||3rd week of March 2023|
|Mock test||3rd week of March 2023|
|ACET Exam||Last week of March 2023|
|Result||1st week of April 2023|
For June Session:
|Online application form release date||4th week of April 2023|
|The deadline to submit the form||1st week of June 2023|
|Admit card release date||1st week of June 2023|
|Mock test||3rd week of June 2023|
|ACET Exam||4th week of June 2023|
|Examination date||1st week of July 2023|
- Age Limit: There won’t be any age limit for admission via ACET 2023.
- Qualification: Those candidates who have passed 12th level exams or their equivalent from any recognized board are eligible for the exam. Candidates with an under graduation, post-graduation, engineering, management, CS, CA, a degree in mathematics are also eligible to apply for the examination.
- Subject: Candidates must have studied English as a mandatory subject in class 12th or equivalent.
- Appearing: Students who are appearing for the final examination can also appear for ACET 2023.
ACET 2023 Application Form
Eligible candidates will be able to get the application form online on the scheduled dates for the candidates who are going to take up the ACET examination soon. The details of the candidate, the candidate’s guardians are also required in the application form. Meanwhile, they also need to upload the signature and the scanned photographs of the candidates in the specified format when filling up the application form. Once the application form filling is successful, candidates need to take a printout of the same for further needs.
The candidates also need to pay q requisite amount of the application fee through their debit or credit cards or any other payment mode online. For all the categories, the application fee will be Rs.3000/- per head (inclusive of indicative solution and sample papers).
- Exam Mode: The examination will be organized via CBT (Computer Based Test) online mode.
- Type of Questions: The question paper of ACET will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Sections: The question paper of ACET 2023 will be divided into Statistics, Mathematics & Data Interpretation, and English & Logical Reasoning.
- Exam Duration: All the participants have to solve the paper within 3 hours.
- Negative marking: ½ mark of the total mark of a question will be subtracted from each negative response.
ACET 2023 Result
In order to obtain the result, the applicant is required to log in with their details. The result will be only available online and a hard copy of the same will not be sent to the institutes/ universities. The result for the candidates who are going to appear in the month of June will be announced in the month of July. The results for the candidates who are taking up the exam in December will be out in the month of January. If the candidates wish to avail themselves of the membership in IAI, then he or she has to take it within 3 years of the result announcement.
ACET 2023 Admission Procedure
The final admission procedure for the ACET 2023 will be conducted based on the university-level counseling procedure. The respective university will conduct the counseling rounds for every exam-qualified candidate. Candidates are required to register themselves in “Student Membership” for participating in the counseling sessions.
The counseling process will be commenced in various rounds according to the availability of seats after each round of counseling. Candidates will be shortlisted for the admission procedure on the basis of their names in the merit list which will be available online at the official website. The Admission to the participant will be provided on the basis of his/ her rank in the merit list.