The Staff Selection Commission chooses qualified and eligible candidates for various posts in different ministries, departments, and government organizations through the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination. This selection of the eligible candidates will be made according to the availability of vacancies in said administrative, ministries/ public offices. The examination is basically conducted in two tiers i.e. Tier I and II. Candidates qualifying for the Tier I examination will have to appear for the Tier II examination. Candidates will get the number of posts and vacancies in the official notification which may be expected in the last week of December. SSC CGL 2024 Tier I examination may be held in the month of April 2024 tentatively.
SSC CGL 2024 Highlights
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2024|
|Conducting Authroity||SSC – Staff Selection Commission|
|Type of Exam||National Level Exam|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Exam Duration||Tier 1 – 60 minutes, Tier 2 – 120 minutes, Tier 3 – 60 minutes and Tier 4 – 45 minutes|
SSC CGL 2024 Important Dates
|Notification release date||Fourth week of December 2022|
|Online form submission||Fourth week of December 2022|
|Last date to submit application||Fourth week of January 2024|
|Last date for generating offline challan||Last week of January 2024|
|Due date for payment through challan||Last week of January 2024|
|Window for application form correction||Last week of January to first week of February 2024|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 application status||First week of April 2024|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 admit card||First week of April 2024|
|SSC CGL 2023 exam date: tier 1||Second week of April to fourth week of April 2024|
|Exam date: tier 2||—|
- Age Limit: Based on the post, candidate is applying to.
- Assistant Accounts Officer/ Assistant Audit Officer: A candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university of education. Chartered Accountant/ Company Secretary/ Cost & Management Accountant and the candidates with a Masters’ degree in Commerce/ Finance/ Business Studies/ Business Economics are also eligible to apply for SSC CGL.
- Junior Statistical Officer: Candidates holding a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 60% marks in Mathematics in class 12th or he/she must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline but having Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- For other posts: A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university is required to be eligible.
- Appearing Candidates: Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for the exam. However, their degree should have been cleared before 1st January 2020.
SSC CGL 2024 Application Form
- The Application Form will be provided on the official website of SSC most likely from the fourth week of December 2023.
- Before filing the application form, an applicant must be ready with a valid Aadhar card number, marks card of a bachelor’s degree, scanned copies of the photograph, signature and online payment authentication details by the applicant.
- The application form will be filled via two parts, Part I and II. Part I will ask the basic details of the candidate. After the completion of Part I, the candidate will be redirected to the Part-II registration.
- Now, the applier will get a registration number allotted to him/ her.
- Next, applicant needs to choose the posts for which he/ she is applying.
- Candidates can pay the price of the application fee through online payment modes, if he/ she fails to do so, then opt for the offline mode.
- Once the payment is made, the commission number of the bank and the transaction ID provided will be provided to the applicant.
|General/ OBC||Rs 100/-|
|SC/ ST/ Ex-Serviceman/Females||Fee exempted|
- Mode: Computer-based exam.
- Total Question and Marks: 100 questions out of 200 marks.
- Negative Marking: Applicable
- Time Duration: One hour (60 minutes). OH/ VH candidates will get extra 20 minutes.
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
- Mode: Computer-based exam
- Time duration: 120 minutes
- Total papers: 4 Papers and it is compulsory for the candidates to appear in Paper-I & II. Paper-III will be for those applying for JSO post. Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who performed well and chosen in Tier-I for the posts of Assistant Accounts Officer/ Assistant Audit Officer.
|Paper||Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper-II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper-IV||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
It is a written pen and paper based exam where candidates will get subjective questions on letter writing/ essay writing/ application writing/ precise writing. It carries 100 marks.
It is a skill-based exam only reserved for certain posts for instance- Tax Assistants (Central Excise & Income Tax). It required data entry speed test (DEST) at 8,000 key depression per hour on computer/ pc and it will be organized for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes. Computer Proficiency Test involves spreadsheets, word processing and generation of slides.
SSC CGL 2023 Results
The result will be published on the authorized web page of Staff Selection Commission a few months after the conduction of exam. To check the result, candidates have to use their login ID and they will be able to see post wise and marks wise outcome in a pdf format.