The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) is the largest unit of the Armed Police Forces with 313,678 personnel in 247 battalions. Union Public Service Commission conducts the recruitment for the forces – Border Security Force (BSF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), NSG (National Security Guard), ITBP (Indo- Tibetan Border Police), CISF (Central Industrial Security Force), Assam Rifles (AR), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF). The UPSC CAPF AC (Assistant Commander) examination is conducted annually by the UPSC to appoint candidates for the post of Assistant Commandants in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
With UPSC CAPF AC Exam, there is a direct entry as Assistant Commandant in Indian paramilitary forces. Apart from this, there are other forces too that accept the score of the CAPF AC exam. These forces include Border Security Force (BSF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), NSG (National Security Guard), ITBP (Indo- Tibetan Border Police), CISF (Central Industrial Security Force), Assam Rifles (AR), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF). Selected students will be posted to different organizations under CAPF. On this page, we have provided info about UPSC CAPF AC 2024 such as Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Selection Process, Results, Etc.
UPSC CAPF AC 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2024|
|Organized By||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Job Role||Assistant Commandants|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Job Location||Various Location|
UPSC CAPF AC 2024 Important Dates
|Exam notification||3rd week of April 2024|
|Start of online application||3rd week of April 2024|
|Last date to apply||2nd week of May 2024|
|Application withdrawal||June 2024|
|Release of admit card||July 2024|
|Commencement of UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2024||1st week of August 2024|
|Result of written exam||September 2024|
|Date of PET test||Notify Soon|
CAPF AC 2024 Eligibility Criteria for the post of Assistant Commandant are set up on various factors such as age, gender, nationality, educational qualification, number of attempts, and physical standards. Each factor has been explained below:
- Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC CAPF AC 2024 Exam,
- The candidate needs to possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Those who are presently appearing in the final year can also apply, provided they will have to show their final result while filling up the Detailed Application Form (DAF).
- The candidates must fall in the age group of 20 – 25 years as of August 1, 2024.
- SC, ST, OBC NCL, and Ex-Servicemen will get certain relaxation in the age limit.
- Candidates must satisfy the Physical and Medical Standards for admission to CAPF AC 2024.
Note: Candidates who are shortlisted for the post of Assistant Commandant in any of the forces through an earlier exam won’t be allowed to take up the CAPF AC exam.
UPSC CAPF AC 2024 Application Form
- The application form for UPSC CAPF AC 2024 will be released via the online method through the official website of the Union Public Service Commission.
- The official website to visit is www.upsconline.nic.in.
- First of all register yourself on the website through the registration link.
- Once the candidates are registered, they need to need to log in using a registration ID and password generated during registration.
- Also, provide other necessary details in the form.
- Upload the documents according to the size and formats asked in the form.
- Submit the application fee which is mandatory for the applicants.
- Submit the application form and take out the printout of the form.
Male candidates have to pay the necessary application fee of Rs. 200/- and the application fee for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Female candidates are zero i.e. such candidates are exempted. Applicants will have to pay the same via net banking or debit/ credit card.
Paper-I – General Ability & Intelligence:
- Type of questions: Objective-type questions, 4 options for each question will be there.
- Duration: Paper I timing will be for 2 hours.
- Total Questions: 125 MCQs.
- Total Marks: 250 Marks.
- The Medium of Exam: Both in Hindi and English medium.
Paper-II – General Studies, Essay & Comprehension:
- Type of Questions: Descriptive-type questions.
- Duration: The Paper-II timing will be 3 hours.
- Marks: 200 Marks.
- Total Number of Questions: 7 Questions.
Exam Pattern for Paper- I & Paper II:
|Paper-I (Objective)||General Ability & Intelligence||250|
|Paper-II (Descriptive)||General Studies, Essay & Comprehension||200|
Physical Efficiency Test:
|100 Metres race||16 Seconds||18 Seconds|
|800 Metres race||3 minutes 45 seconds||4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters 3 attempts)||3.0 Meters 3 attempts)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kg.)||4.5 Meters||– – –|
The Selection process of UPSC CAPF AC includes three stages:
Written Test: Participants need to obtain qualifying marks in Paper 1, in order to evaluate Paper 2 answers.
Medical Test: Qualifying candidates for PET will appear for the Medical Standards Test while the others will be disqualified.
Personality Test: Candidates who are declared fit and those who qualify for the Medical Standards Test will appear for the final round of Personality Test or Interview.
UPSC CAPF 2024 Exam Results will be declared on the official website of the Union Public Service Commission. The authorities will prepare and release the merit list on the accounts of the final score. A PDF of merit containing the name of the candidates will be made available on the official site. It will display the candidate’s performance in the written exam and personality test/ interview.
- PORT BLAIR
- PRAYAGRAJ (ALLAHABAD)
- PANAJI (GOA)