SSC CHSL 2024: Staff Selection Commission organizes the SSC CHSL exam for recruiting candidates for the posts of Junior Secretariat Assistant/ Lower Divisional Clerk, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, and Data Entry Operator in various government departments. Candidates just need to possess Higher Secondary Level Examination (10+2) in order to be eligible for the examination. The examination is carried out in two different parts- 1st Part is usually held from November to December while the 2nd Part takes place in the month of March and April. Those qualifying for Part I will move to appear for Part II. Therefore it is mandatory for the candidates to qualify for Part I in order to take part in Part II.
Candidates who are interested in this exam and willing to apply for the same should visit the official website of SSC to collect the online application form. The authorized web portal is www.ssc.nic.in. Before applying for the exam, let’s have a look at this page.
SSC CHSL 2024 Overview
|Name of Exam||SSC CHSL|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Type of Exam||Central Level Exam|
|RECRUITS FOR||LDC (Lower Division Clerk), DEO (Data Entry Officers), Sorting Assistant/ Postal Assistant, Data Entry Operator “Grade-A”|
SSC CHSL 2024 Important Dates
|Events||Exam Dates (Expected)|
|SSC CHSL 2024 Notification Released on||November 2023|
|Registration Starting Date||November 2023|
|Online Application Ends on||December 2023|
|Last date of Fee Payment for Online Application||December 2023|
|Last date to generate Offline Challan||December 2023|
|End date for Payment through Challan||January 2024|
|Admit Card for (Tier 1)||March 2024|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2024 (Tier 1)||April 2024|
|Admit Card for (Tier 2)||Available Soon|
|Exam date (Tier 2)||Available Soon|
|Final merit list||Available Soon|
- Age limit: A candidate’s age must not be less than 18 years old and more than 7 years old as of 1st August 2024.
- Educational Qualification: Those candidates who have successfully cleared class 12th or its equivalent examination from a recognized board/ university can apply for SSC CHSL Exam 2024.
- For the position of data entry operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG), candidates must have passed class 12th with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
Note: In case candidates are appearing in the class 12th examination, then they need to obtain the educational qualification on or before 01.08.2024.
SSC CHSL 2024 Application Form
- Open the main SSC web portal.
- If you are a new user, then you need to do the registration by providing basic details like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Submit the details and you will be issued a Registration ID and a password for the SSC CHSL exam.
- Now, log in with the Registration ID, password, and date of birth to complete the remaining process of application for SSC CHSL.
- For the next step, attach and upload photographs and signatures following the specifications mentioned by SSC.
- To complete the remaining Part II of the application form, log in using the registration id and password.
- Once the complete application form is filled, candidates should make sure to preview the entire application form to check for any errors in the form.
- Hit the submit button finally after previewing the complete online SSC CHSL application form.
- The required application fee for SSC CHSL Exam 2024 is Rs. 100/-
- Female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen Candidates need not pay any application fee.
- Payment of the application fee needs to be paid only through SBI either in the form of a challan via SBI Net Banking, Credit/ Debit Card of any other bank. The form of Challan will be generated online.
- In case, you wish to pay the application fee in cash, then generate a printout of challan online after Part-1 registration is completed. Deposit the necessary application fee in any branch of the State Bank of India and then continue with the Part-2 registration.
- If opting for an online payment method, then candidates can directly go to part-2 registration after part-1 registration. In order to continue to Part-2 registration, candidates have to submit their registration number and date of birth.
- The SSC CHSL Exam Question Paper includes 4 parts-
- 1st Part will be in the English language,
- 2nd paper will be on General Awareness,
- 3rd paper will be on General Intelligence
- 4th and last exam paper will be Quantitative aptitude.
- A total no. of 50 questions will be allotted to each section and the total marks for each section are 50.
- Exam Timing will be 2 hours.
- Type of Questions will be MCQ type.
- A penalty of ¼ marks for each wrong answer will be there.
Authorities of the Staff Selection Commission will announce the results for CHSL according to tier-wise. Only those candidates can appear for tier-II who have passed the tier-I level of the exam with the minimum qualifying marks. After that, the authorities will release the final outcome of the exam in form of a merit list. While preparing the selection list, the authorities will consider the marks scored by a candidate at all the levels of the exam. Participants will also be able to download their score card which will be accessible by the authority within 15-20 days of the exam.