SSC JE 2024: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is the responsible recruiting body that conducts the SSC JE (Junior Engineer) examination on an annual basis. The main aim of this exam conduction is to shortlist candidates for the post of Junior Engineers Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, Contract and Quantity Surveying Posts. Candidates who gets recruited will be posted in different ministries and departments of the central government of India. The application form for the examination will release in online mode via the main web portal of Staff Selection Commission.
It is very important for the candidates to go through the eligibility criteria for SSC JE before filling up its online application form. The online application process will likely start in the month of October 2023. We have provided all the necessary details for the interested candidates who wish to apply for SSC JE Exam.
SSC JE 2024 Overview
|Name of the Examination||SSC JE (Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer) 2024|
|Exam Regulating Authority||SSC (Staff Selection Commission)|
|Level of the Exam||National level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Vacancies||To be announced|
|Exam Purpose||Recruiting candidates for the post of JE (Junior Engineer) in ministries/ organizations/ departments of the Government of India|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
SSC JE 2024 Important Dates
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Form Release Date||October 2024|
|JE 2024 Application Form submission last date||October 2024|
|Last date for receipt of applications||October 2024|
|Deadline to submit online application fee||November 2024|
|Last date for the generation of offline Challan||November 2024|
|End date for payment through Challan||November 2024|
|Paper- I Admit Card Release date||January 2025|
|SSC JE 2023 Exam Date for Paper-I||March 2025|
|Result for Examination||Notify Soon|
|Admit Card for Paper-II||Notify Soon|
|JE 2024 Exam Date for Paper-II||Notify Soon|
|Final Result Declaration||Notify Soon|
- Junior Engineer (Civil) CPWD – A degree of B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized university or institute is required to be eligible.
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical & Civil) Central Water Commission – Candidates must hold a degree of B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Mechanical/ Civil Engineering from a recognized university or institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical) CPWD – One needs to possess a degree of B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university or institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil) Department of Posts – Candidates having B.Tech. / B.E./ 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized university are eligible.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical) Department of Posts- Those possessing B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering qualification from a recognized university or institute can apply for the exam.
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical & Electrical) MES – A degree of B.E. / B.Tech. in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering from a recognized university is required. Candidates must also have 2 years of work experience in the electrical/ mechanical engineering field.
- Junior Engineer (Civil) MES – It is necessary to possess a B.E. / B.Tech. degree in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized institute along with 2 years of work experience in the civil engineering field.
- Junior Engineer (QS&C) MES – Candidates should possess a B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized university OR passed 10+2 exam in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyors, India.
- The age of the applicant should not be beyond 32 years if applying for Junior Engineer (Electrical, Civil & Mechanical), Central Water Commission, and CPWD.
- To apply for Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical), Department of Post and Junior Engineer (Surveying and Contract), MES, then the age limit is 18 to 27 years.
- The candidate’s age must not be more than 30 years while applying for Junior Engineer (Mechanical, Civil & Electrical), MES.
- Reserved category candidates will be eligible to avail of age relaxation in the upper age limit according to the Government rules.
SSC JE 2024 Application Form
The application form is going to be available online mode through the official website of the commission which is www.ssc.nic.in.
- Begin the application process by registering on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission.
- You will have to provide some of the basic details to complete the registration.
- After registration, candidates need to fill in their complete personal, educational, and contact details.
- The details provided in the application form should be correct and match the details in the certificates otherwise the candidature might get rejected by the authorities.
- Apart from the details, candidates need to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature in the prescriptions mentioned.
- We advise the candidates to take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future references.
The charges of application will vary as per various categories as given below.
- Male (General/ OBC/ EWS): Rs. 100/-
- Female (All Category): No fees
- SC/ ST/ Ex-Servicemen/ PWD: No fees
Mode of Payment: One can use payment methods such as SBI Challan, BHIM UPI, Debit Card/ Credit Card, Net Banking, Visa, Mastercard, and Maestro.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer based test)
- Type of questions: Objective type MCQ
- Number of questions: 200
- Duration of the exam: 2 hours
- Maximum Marks: 200
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for each question
- Negative Marking: A penalty of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
|Sections||No. of questions||Total marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||50||50|
|General engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical and structural)||100||100|
- Mode of examination: Offline (Pen and paper-based written exam)
- Type of questions: Descriptive test in nature
- Duration of the exam: 2 hours
- Maximum Marks: 300
|General engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical, and structural)||300|
The results will release individually for papers 1 and paper 2. It will be provided on the official website and candidates can check the same by logging in to the website of the commission.