SSC JHT Exam 2023: Staff Selection Commission conducts JHT (Junior Hindi Translator) exam. The commission is soon going to publish a notification for the post of JHT (Junior Hindi Translator) 2023. This examination must be taken by each and every candidate candidate who possess a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in Hindi as an optional or compulsory subject and has interest in this post. The shortlisted candidates will receive Rs. 35000-112400/- as a basic salary. The examination for JHT 2023 is most likely to be conducted by October 2023. The application form will be released by the staff selection commission in the second week of July 2023.
Every year, SSC holds major competitive exam for selecting candidates for the post of Junior Translator, Junior Hindi Translator, Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak for various Ministries in Indian Government. Eligible and Interested candidates can apply online for the SSC JHT 2023 exam through the official web portal of Staff Selection Commission. The exam will be conducted in two parts i.e. two papers- paper I and paper II. Both the papers are compulsory to clear in order to be eligible for selection.
SSC JHT Exam 2023 Overview
|Full Form for SSC JHT Post||Staff Selection Commission, Junior Hindi Translator (SSC JHT)|
|Name of the Organization||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
SSC JHT Exam 2023 Important Dates
|Release of Official Notification||Second week of July 2023|
|Starting date for Application Process||Second week of July 2023|
|Last Date to Apply Online||First week of August 2023|
|Release Date of Admit Card||Notify Soon|
|SSC JHT Paper-I Exam Date||October 2023|
|SSC JHT Paper-I Result||Notify Soon|
|SSC JHT Paper-II Exam Date||Notify Soon|
|SSC JHT Paper-II Result||Notify Soon|
The candidates who wish to apply for SSC JHT should meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the post. Consequently, only the candidates applicable will be able to fill the application form. The details regarding the SSC JHT eligibility is given hereby:
- Nationality: The applying candidate must possess Indian citizenship. The citizens of Nepal, Bhutan and Tibetan refugees who came before 1st Jan 1962 can apply too.
- Age limit: The age of the applying candidate should not be over than 30 years. The age relaxation will be applicable only to the candidates of the reserved category.
For post codes A to E:
- Candidates possessing a master’s degree in Hindi with English as a mandatory/ elective subject or as the medium of exam are eligible.
- Those who have completed a master’s degree in English with Hindi as a mandatory/ elective subject or as the medium of exam can apply too.
- A master’s degree in any subject (other than English/ Hindi) with Hindi medium and English as a mandatory/ elective subject or as the exam medium is required.
- Applicants who hold a master’s degree in any subject (other than English/ Hindi) with Hindi medium and English as a mandatory/ elective subject or as the medium of exam can apply.
- A master’s degree in any subject (other than English/ Hindi) with English and Hindi as mandatory/ elective subjects or either of the two as a medium of exam are also eligible.
- Candidates should have completed a recognized diploma or certificate course in translation from English to Hindi & vice versa or 2 years of experience of translation work from English to Hindi and vice versa in State or Central Government Office (3 years for post code E) is compulsory.
For post code F:
- A bachelor’s degree in Hindi with English as a mandatory or optional subject at degree level along with a postgraduate degree in any subject and a B.Ed. degree is required. OR
- Candidates holding a bachelor’s degree in any subject with master’s degree in Hindi with English a mandatory or optional subject at degree level and B.Ed. degree are eligible too.
- A 2 years experience of teaching Hindi at SSC level under State or Central Governments or recognized educational Institution is necessary to be eligible.
Application Form & Fee
- Open the authorized web page of SSC- www.ssc.nic.in
- Provide the basic details and acquire registration id and password through e-mail and SMS.
- Log in using the same and provide the details in the application form carefully
- Upload the documents such as photograph and signature
- Submit the details and pay Rs. 100/- through debit card/ credit card.
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 200
- Type of question: Objective type queries
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: 1 mark for every right answer will be granted
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be reduced for every wrong answer
|Topic||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Type of question: Descriptive type
- Total marks: 200
- Topic: Translation & Essay
The result announcement will be done on the official website after completion of an examination. It will be made available online. One must input his/ her registration id and password to check the result. Conducting authority will prepare a merit list and host it on the official website of SSC.
Salary & Benefits
According to the 7th pay commission, an SSC JHT receives the in-hand salary of Rs. 35,000. The basic pay varies from INR 35400-112400 as per the level of the post (6th level). Along with the same, a Junior Hindi Translator is entitled to allowances for instance:
- Dearness Allowance
- Allowance for Special Occasions
- House Rent Allowance (Based on the location)
- Transport Allowance