Delhi CET 2024: Delhi CET (Common Entrance Test) 2024 application form will be regulated in online mode most probably from the 1st week of July 2024. Department of Training and Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi is the competent examination authority that organizes and manages Delhi Polytechnic CET entrance test. It is basically a state-level polytechnic entrance exam which is conducted every year to grant admission to the eligible candidates in Diploma in Engineering. CET Delhi 2024 is a offline based pen and paper exam which will be provided in both Hindi and English language. The process of Delhi Polytechnic application involves various steps such as registration, application form filling, uploading documents and paying the application fee.
Further, given details regarding the exam includes Delhi CET 2024, Entrance Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Applying Fee, Exam Pattern, Results and Counseling. Scroll down the complete page to find more about the exam.
Delhi CET 2024 Highlights
|Name of the exam||CET Delhi 2024 or Delhi Polytechnic 2024|
|Full Form||Delhi Common Entrance Test|
|Courses offered||Diploma in Engineering|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of common entrance test||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|Duration of examination||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
Delhi CET 2024 Important Dates
|Important Events||Tentative Entrance Exam Dates|
|Beginning of online application form submission||1st week of July 2024|
|Last date to submit online application||3rd week of July 2024|
|Issuing date of Admit card||4th week of July 2024|
|Date of Delhi Polytechnic Entrance exam||1st week of August 2024|
|Declaration of CET Delhi 2024 result||3rd week of August 2024|
|Delhi CET 2024 Counselling||1st week of September 2024|
Delhi CET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Each candidate has to meet the eligibility criteria for Delhi CET 2024 as mentioned below:
- Candidate must clear class 10th or some equivalent examination with subjects such as Maths, English and Science.
- The minimum marks should be 35% with subjects in the mentioned subjects Maths, English and Science.
- Make sure that the applicant should have passed separately in the subject like Science, English, and Maths without grace marks.
- At the time of admission, the age of the candidate should be less than 21 years as of 1st August during the year of admission.
- Those who are waiting for the qualifying exam results in 2024 can also apply for the exam.
- If applying for the Pharmacy course, candidate should clear 12th board exams from any recognized board with at least 45% marks for the candidates of general category and 40% marks for the candidates of SC and ST category in subjects such as Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Physics.
Delhi CET 2024 Application Form
- CET Delhi application form will be delivered in online mode at the official website of the authority- dseu.ac.in.
- Interested candidates will need to register themselves on the website by providing their details like name, date of birth, etc.
- Once registered, candidates should sign-in by using the registration credentials generated before.
- After signing in, candidates will get the access to the application form.
- In the application form, aspirants must provide accurate personal, academic and communicational details.
- In addition to the details, they are also required to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph, signature, and thumb impression according to the mentioned dimensions.
- The last step of the application process is to pay the application charges.
- After submitting the application form, take out a hard copy of the same for future references.
- The application fee for the entrants of all the categories is Rs. 400/- including the bank charges.
- Appliers should use online facilities such as credit card, debit card or internet banking for the payment of fee.
Here are the complete details of Delhi CET Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: The Delhi Polytechnic Common Entrance Test will take place through online AI proctored mode, that means, entrants can appear for the exam from their homes.
- Questions Type: The question paper only comprises of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Marks: All the questions will hold equal marks in the test.
- Total Questions: There will be a total of 150 questions for Engineering and total 210 questions for Pharmacy course.
- Duration: Candidates will be allocated 1 hour to complete Diploma Engineering paper and 1 hour for Pharmacy (Non Engineering) programmes.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carry 4 marks.
- Negative marking: There is no negative marking in the Delhi CET Exam 2024.
- CET Delhi 2024 result will be disclosed and hosted on the official website of the same after the examination.
- In order to check the result, candidates must provide their login particulars which are their roll number and application number.
- Information such as marks and rank attained by the candidate in the entrance exam will be presented on the rank card.
- Apart from the result publication on the official website, no separate intimation will be sent to the participants.
- The official counseling schedule of CET Delhi2024 will be available after the declaration of the result.
- In the counselling process, candidates will be able to lock their choices of course and colleges as per their choice.
- After submitting the online choices, the authorities will publish the result of seat allotment on the website.
- Apart from this, the provisional allotment letters will also be released online.
- At last, candidates have to produce their documents to get them verified in order to confirm their admission.
Documents Required for Counselling Session:
- Hard copy of the online registration slip
- Delhi CET 2024 admit card
- Category certificate (if required)
- Hard copy of choices submitted by candidates
- Receipt of counseling fee payment
- Copy of provisional allotment letter
- Two recent colored passport size photographs
- Migration certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Delhi CET 2024 rank card
- 10th class mark sheet