Staff Selection Commission Multi Tasking Staff (SSC MTS) is organized to appoint/select candidates for General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non- Gazetted Non- Ministerial posts in various Central Government offices/departments/ministries in different Union Territories/States. It is conducted nationally and is one of the great opportunities for the aspirants of class 10th. Those candidates who have cleared high school and want to work in the government sector at an early stage can apply for this exam. Consequently, all aspiring candidates should apply for SSC MTS 2023 before its last date of application closing. However, candidates are required to clear two stages i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2 for their selection.
6th July 2022: SSC has released the revised examination calendar for the year 2022-2023. Check Here PDF.
6th July 2022: SSC MTS Dates have been released. The online application process is going to start on 25th January 2023
SSC MTS Posts
- Junior Gestetner Operator
- Mali etc.
SSC MTS Exam 2023 Overview
|Exam name||Staff Selection Commission-Multi Tasking Staff Exam Tier 1 Exam|
|Organizing department||Staff Selection Commission|
|Mode of the exam||
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Exam level||National level|
|Purpose of Exam||To recruit candidates for Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts.|
SSC MTS 2023 Important Dates
|Application form release date||25 January 2023|
|Last date to pay the fee online||24 February 2023|
|Last date for the generation of offline Challan||24 February 2023|
|Admit card release date||May 2023|
|SSC MTS Paper 1||May 2023|
|SSC MTS Paper 1 Result||To be announced|
|SSC MTS Paper 2||To be announced|
All the applicants must check the eligibility norms that are required to apply for MTS Tier 1 Exam 2023:
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for MTS Tier 1 Exam.
- Candidate must pass class 10th exam from a recognized educational board to be eligible.
- The age of the candidate should be between 18 years to 25 years in order to be eligible. Age relaxation will be there for reserved categories as per Indian Government norms.
SSC MTS 2023 Application Form
- All the interested students can avail of the application form online through the official website of the SSC MTS Tier 1 Exam i.e. – www.ssc.nic.in.
- After visiting the official website, students have to fill in their personal, communications, and academic details in the application form. Apart from this, a passport size photograph of the candidate and signature should also be attached in the prescribed format.
- Candidates will also be provided the option to choose the exam center as per their choices.
- In the next step, candidates have to also attach their other documents too such as the 10th mark sheet, and category certificate (if required).
- After the successful uploading of documents, candidates need to pay the application fee through their credit card, debit card, and internet banking.
- The application fee for general category candidates is INR 100/- while SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-servicemen and female candidates are exempted from paying the charges.
- Upon successful submission, take out the print copy of the duly filled application form.
- SSC MTS Examination will have two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 will be based on multiple-choice questions and Paper 2 will be of a descriptive type.
- The exam mode of Paper 1 will be held online (Computer Based Test) whereas Paper 2 will be organized in offline mode (Pen and Paper Based).
- The duration of Paper 1 will be 1 hour 30 minutes and Paper 2 need to be completed in 30 minutes. PwD candidates will get 120 minutes in Paper 1 and 40 minutes for Paper 2.
|Sections||No. of questions||Total marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||25||25|
|Letter in English/ one short essay/ any other language in the 8th schedule of the constitution||50|
SSC MTS 2023 Selection Process
The merit list of the MTS Exam is prepared by the authorities considering the applicant’s performance in both the papers i.e. papers 1 and 2. To clarify, only those participants who will qualify the cut-off for paper 1 will be allowed to sit for paper 2. Once they have qualified both papers, the officials of SSC MTS will invite the qualified candidates for a document verification procedure. After the successful completion of the document verification process, candidates will be allotted to the respective post they applied for in the application form.
Salary and Allowances
|Post||MTS (GP 1800)||MTS (GP 1800)||MTS (GP 1800)|
|DA on TA||0||0||0|
|In hand salary||20245||18355||16915|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Where can candidates apply for MTS Entrance Exam 2023?
Ans. Candidates are required to register online mode by visiting the authorized web portal of SSC i.e www.ssc.nic.in.
Question: Where will the result be available?
Ans. The result will be published on the authorized website of SSC – www.ssc.nic.in