SSP Scholarship 2023: The State Scholarship Portal or SSP is an initiative by the Karnataka state government. It is a scholarship program sponsored by the government through which students can pay for their educational expenses. The Karnataka government offers various scholarships to all eligible and talented students through their official website.
In order to ensure the basic right of individuals i.e. education, the Karnataka government has introduced this scholarship to satisfy students’ financial conditions. Both State Government and Central Government launched a variety of scholarship schemes and SSP is one of them. All category students are eligible to avail of this scholarship scheme. Through this article, we are providing you with complete details regarding SSP scholarship 2023, its benefits, features, objective, documents required, eligibility criteria, application procedure, etc. Consequently, interested students who wish to grab details regarding the scholarship scheme then it is requested to go through this article very carefully till the end.
SSP Scholarship 2023 Highlights
|Name||State Scholarship Scheme (SSP), Karnataka|
|Category||Pre Matric and Post Matric|
|Beneficiary||Students of Karnataka State|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Deadline Date||Yet to be released|
SSP Scholarship 2023 Important Dates
|Scholarships||Last date (Expected)|
|Postgraduate welfare department Post-Matric scholarship||Third week of April 2023|
|Social welfare department scheme||Last week of March 2023|
|Tribal welfare department scheme||Last week of March 2023|
|Minorities welfare department scheme||Last week of April 2023|
|Karnataka state Brahmin development board scheme||Third week of April 2023|
The SSP scholarship portal offers two main types of scholarships:
- SSP Pre-Matric Scholarships: For children in grades 1 to 10.
- SSP Post-Matric Scholarship: For those who want to continue their education after the 10th class.
This award is open to candidates from all the categories such as OBC, SC, ST, and other categories. As per various categories of students, numerous pre and post-matric plans are made available by various departments. The post-matric scholarship is open for the students of 11th or 12th grade, those who are pursuing diploma courses from government or private universities, and those who are doing vocational programs in ITI or technical courses.
Features of SSP Scholarship
- Students can register for various scholarships via a single integrated digitized platform.
- The amount of the SSP Scholarship will be deposited directly into the account of the award recipient.
- Only the students belonging to the state of Karnataka are eligible for these scholarships.
- Both pre and post-matric scholarships are offered through the SSP portal.
- The eligible students are not allowed to leave their education due to any financial issue.
Eligibility Criteria As Per Departments
Technical Education Department
A permanent resident of Karnataka is eligible. The annual family income of the applicant must lie between Rs 2.5 lakh to 10 lakh. ST/SC student’s parents/ guardians must be in Army/Airforce/Navy or working as Lower rank/NCO/JCO.
Medical Education Department
The annual family income of the student should lie between Rs 2.5 lakh to 10 lakh.
Karnataka state Brahmin Development Board
The candidate’s annual family income must be Rs 100000 or less than this.
Department of backward class welfare
For category 1 students the annual family income should not be more than Rs 2.5 lakh while for category 2A, 3A, 3B, and other OBC students the annual family income must not be more than 100000. Applicants should be permanent residents of state Karnataka.
Department of disability welfare
No income restriction is applicable for General, Brahmin, BCM, SC, ST, category students.
Minorities Welfare Department
Hostel Fee Private college/ hostel run Fee Reimbursement/post matric scholarship: The annual family income of the candidate should not be more than Rs 2 lakh. Merit cum means scholarship: The annual family income of the applicant should be Rs 2.5 lakh or less. He/ she must be a permanent resident of the state of Karnataka.
The candidate’s annual family income should lie between 2.5 lakh to 10 lakh.
Social Welfare Department
Fee Reimbursement: The student’s family income needs to be Rs 2.5 lakh or less. The candidate must be a permanent resident of Karnataka state.
Tribal welfare department
The family income of SC category candidates should not be more than Rs 2.5 lakh.
SSP Scholarship 2023 Application Process
To apply for a Karnataka SSP scholarship, follow the simple steps outlined in the section below:
- First, go to the SSP scheme’s official website.
- Create an account by clicking the relevant link on the homepage.
- Select the type of scholarship on the following page.
- After selecting the scholarship type, provide your SATS ID and choose the Get Data option.
- Furthermore, enter all the remaining essential particulars and submit the form.
- A user ID and password will be generated that you need to save
- Use the login credentials to log in.
- Fill in the spaces with the rest of the details such as the adhaar number, school, age, birth date, religion, etc.
- Now upload all the important documents as necessary in the form.
- Finally, a slip of acknowledgment will be generated that needs to be sent to the appropriate school.
Required Documents for SSP Scholarship
- Aadhar card of candidate and parent
- Fee receipt of college
- Government or Private hostel ID
- Valid mobile number
- College or Institute registration number
- Ration card number
- Caste/EWS certificate
- Income certificate
- Disability card number approved by the government of India