TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission) is an admission process organized every year in Tamil Nadu to offer admission to candidates in various UG Engineering courses. Anna University is accountable for organizing this admission process in the state. Through TNEA, shortlisted candidates will get admission into UG Engineering courses like B.Tech and B.E. Moreover, the university doesn’t conduct any entrance examination for admission, only candidate’s class 12th marks are considered. The qualified students will be selected in the rank list and students who will be successfully selected will be provided admission into various institutions/ colleges located in the Tamil Nadu state. Those who are looking for correct and complete details of TNEA 2023 then, they must read this full article. It involves full details such as the application form, important dates, eligibility criteria, etc.
TNEA 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Admission Process||TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission)|
|Conducting body||Anna University|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Admission into||Undergraduate Engineering Programs|
|Basis of Admission||12th level marks|
TNEA 2023 Important Schedule
|Online registration starts from||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date of registration||Last week of May 2023|
|Due date to submit the application form||1st week of June 2023|
|Allotment of Random Numbers||3rd week of June 2023|
|Rank list/ Merit list release||4th week of June 2023|
|The counseling session starts from||3rd week of July 2023|
- Those candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu and have passed Classes 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th from the schools located in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. Such candidates need not show any nativity certificate.
- However, those candidates who belong to a state outside Tamil Nadu and have passed Classes 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th or its equivalent exam from schools located outside of Tamil Nadu state can also apply. But such candidates need to show original domicile certificate only in electronic form/ digitally signed e-certificate.
- Wards of All India Tamil Nadu cadre officers/ Central Govt. / PSUs Employees are eligible to apply.
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee candidates who have studied in Tamil Nadu state will be considered under open competition. Such candidates need to show their:
-Identification certificate issued by Head Quarters Tehsildar.
-Original passport, visa, letter registered with police station (only for those candidates who are not registered in the refugee camp).
- Candidates applying for marine engineering should have the age of 25 years to be eligible.
- Applicant should have done 12th/ HSC or its equivalent qualification from a recognized board or university.
- Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry should be the compulsory subjects in class 12th.
- Students at the Intermediate level must have acquired a minimum of 50% marks for general candidates; 45% marks for OBC & 40% marks for SC/ ST/ DNA/ SCA/ MBC candidates.
- Those students, who are applying for marine engineering, need to pass 12th level with PCME subjects with 60% marks in PCM and 50% marks in English separately.
TNEA 2023 Application Form
Full details for the application form are mentioned below. Read every step carefully to avoid mistakes in the application form.
- The application form is expected to be released in the first week of May 2023.
- There will be only an online mode to fill the application form; hence the forms will be made available on the official website of TNEA.
- Students will follow various application process steps that involve – Online registration, filling of application details, uploading of documents/ certificates/ images, payment of application fee, the printing of the application form.
- The officials of TNEA will not allow any correction facility further therefore the complete application form must be filled correctly.
- The deadline to submit the application form will be till the first week of June 2023.
- Once the application process is completed, the students are required to submit their application along with some necessary documents at the address mentioned below:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Anna University, Chennai – 600025.
TNEA 2023 Merit List/ Rank List
The University officials prepare a typical merit list considering the idea that the counseling will be conducted. Within a few days of the commencement of the admission process/ application process, the merit list will be released on the official website. The board is responsible for publishing overall rank and community rank on their official website.
The merit list will be made ready considering the idea of marks submitted by the candidates at the time of registration. Those registered applicants who successfully get shortlisted within the merit/ rank list will be eligible for the counseling rounds.
|TNSET Notification 2022||TNUSRB Notification 2022|
TNEA Counselling Procedure
After the display of the merit/rank list on the official website, the counseling method will be organized. As per the order of merit, candidates have to appear for counseling methods. According to the rank and communal class of the applicants, seats will be assigned to them.
However, before proceeding with counseling, candidates must transfer their call letters. The counseling process is organized into 5 rounds. In that, candidates will be given choices to select their course of preference and faculties.
At the time of the counseling round and document verification, candidates have to submit the counseling fee via money or demand draft. Candidates need to produce the original and photocopies of their requisite certificates/ documents/ testimonials for the document verification method.