Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) is the leading authority that organizes a state-level entrance exam for the posts of Sub-Inspector in Armed Reserved, Taluk, and Tamil Nadu Special Police in Tamil Nadu State. TNUSRB invites applications for eligible candidates. Candidates having a graduate degree can apply for it online; however, they need to clear the written entrance examination for their selection.
The Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board is soon going to release the registration forms for the post of SI at their official website i.e. www.tnusrbonline.org. Once the notification regarding the same is released, candidates will get to know the eligibility criteria, important schedule, and other related information. For more information related to TNUSRB SI 2024, read the complete article here.
TNUSRB SI 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||TNUSRB SI|
|Full-Form||Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board Sub Inspector|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Conducting Body||Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper mode)|
|Exam Medium||English and Hindi|
TNUSRB SI 2024 Important Dates
|The online application process starts from||To be announced|
|Last date to register||To be announced|
|Last date to apply with late fee||To be announced|
|Admit card release date||To be announced|
|Entrance exam date||To be announced|
|Release of Answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
|PMT/ET/ PET on||To be announced|
- Applicant must hold the nationality of India and he/ she should be a resident of Tamil Nadu State only.
- Other state candidates will not be eligible to give the TNUSRB Exam.
- A candidate must hold a graduation degree in the 10+2+3/4/5 pattern or 10+3+2/10+3+3 pattern in diploma courses from a well-recognized Government Institution/University.
- Tamil must be studied in Class X or XII in order to apply for the TNUSRB SI Exam.
- Those students who have passed their degree from distance education/ open universities/colleges after completing schooling and ITI in the 10+3+2 pattern are also eligible to appear for the exam.
- In case any applicant has passed his/ her graduation from an open university with a 10+2+3 pattern, then he/ she is not eligible for the Exam.
- Any candidate between the age group of 20 years to 28 years can appear for TNUSRB Examination.
- Meanwhile, those candidates belonging to the police department who have completed five years of service can appear for this exam up to the age of 45 years. However, this relaxation is only for the students who are participating via departmental quota.
- Candidates who are Ex-personnel / ex-servicemen of Central Paramilitary forces can also appear for this exam up to 45 years of age.
From the table below, you can check the upper age limit for various categories:
|Category||Upper age limit|
|Most Backward Class / Backward Class (Muslim)/ Denotified Community & Backward class||30 years|
|SC/ ST||33 years|
|Destitute Widow||35 years|
TNUSRB SI 2024 Application Process
- Those candidates who are planning to apply for the TNUSRB SI exam; are required to fill the form before the deadline of its submission.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to possess correct personal details, academic details, communication, and other info in the form.
- Participants have to fill the application form accurately and upload scanned passport photos as well as a category certificate and other documents as per mentioned specifications.
- Pay the application charges to complete the remaining application process.
- Once the application form submission task gets over, the candidate will receive the confirmation regarding the completion of their registration on their registered email id.
12th Pass Govt Jobs 2024 Latest Upcoming Jobs Vacancies, Online Form
Candidates can make payment of the application fee via both online and offline modes that involve debit card/credit card/ Net Banking or Cash through the nearest State Bank of India Branch.
|Open/ Departmental Quota||Rs. 500/-|
|Open & Departmental Quota||Rs. 1000/-|
- The duration allotted to complete the pen and paper-based exam is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks is 35% of 70 marks i.e. 25 marks.
- There will be a total of 140 questions that carries half the mark each.
|General knowledge||40 marks|
|Logical Analysis, Information Handling Ability, Communication Skills, Psychology Test, and Numerical Analysis||30 marks|
- The duration allotted for the Written Examination is 3 hrs.
- Minimum qualifying marks is 35% of 85 marks i.e. 30 marks.
- 170 questions will be there and each question will carry half mark.
|General knowledge||15 marks|
|Police Standing Orders and Police Administration, Indian Evidence Act, Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code, Information handling ability, Logical Analysis, Communication Skills, and Numerical skills||70 marks|
TNUSRB SI Selection Process
|S. No||Test||Marks (open quota)||Marks (departmental quota)|
|1.||Written examination||70 marks||85 marks|
|2.||Physical efficiency test||15 marks||Qualifying examination|
|3.||Viva-voice||10 marks||10 marks|
|4.||Special marks||5 marks ( Sports/ NSS/ NCC)||5 marks (provided for medals in National Police Duty Meet)|
|Total||100 marks||100 marks|