TNEA 2024: TNEA also known as Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission is an especially designed entrance exam for candidates who have an interest in pursuing Undergraduate engineering courses. Anna University is the responsible university that provides admission to the candidates and it is based in Chennai.
Anna University was formed in the year 1978 and it is set up as a technical university that invites interested and eligible students for admission within the technical courses. It was formerly called Madras University however later the name was modified to Anna University within the year 1982. In addition to that, Anna University is accredited by UGC (University Grants Commission), and it is connected with more than 500 Universities and Institutes in the Tamil Nadu state. Every year, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission Process is organized for the candidates to take admission into B.E./ B.Tech degree courses offered in the government colleges, self-financing colleges, and government-aided colleges in Tamil Nadu state. The university doesn’t conduct any entrance exams for TNEA. The admissions will be done based on the merit list which will be prepared by the authorities of Anna University considering class 12th scores.
TNEA 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||Tamilnadu engineering admissions (TNEA)|
|Conducted By||Anna University (formerly known as Madras University)|
|Exam Types||UG type|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Category||Engineering Entrance Exam|
TNEA 2024 Important Dates
|Application form release date||1st week of May 2024|
|Application form last date||4th week of May 2024|
|Last date to submit the filled-in application form||1st week of June 2024|
|Allotment of random number||3rd week of June 2024|
|Releasing of rank list||4th week of June 2024|
|Counselling starts from||3rd week of July 2024|
- One needs to pass their HSC education from the school of Tamil Nadu state.
- Entrants ought to have studied PCB and PCM as their main subjects in 10th and 10+2.
- The age of the candidates should be less than 18 years at the time of admission.
- The upper age limit of the candidate should be 25 years at the time of admission.
- Candidates who do not belong to the state of Tamil Nadu should produce a Nativity Certificate that needs to be digitally signed e- certificate.
- Children of the public sector or central government employees & All India Service from Tamil Nadu state are eligible to appear for TNEA.
- General category candidates must have achieved a minimum of 50% of marks whereas finishing their 10+2 examination or its equivalent qualifying exam.
- Candidates of OBC class should acquire a minimum 45% of scores whereas finishing their 12th examination or its equivalent qualifying exam.
- Candidates of ST, SC, MBC & DNC, and SCA classes candidates ought to have secured at least 40% of scores while finishing their 10+2 examination or its equivalent qualifying exam.
TNEA 2024 Application Form
- The application form is expected to be available from the 1st week of May 2024.
- Candidates will be able to fill up the application form online mode by visiting the authorized website of Anna University.
- To complete the application process, follow steps such as Online registration, filling of application particulars, uploading of images, payment of application charges, and printing of application form.
- Candidates should complete the application form by filling it out correctly as no correction facility will be allowed after the submission of the form.
- The last date to submit the application form will be till 4th week of May 2024.
- After the completion of the application, students will have to submit their application along with some necessary documents to the address provided below:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Anna University, Chennai – 600025.
The application fee for general category candidates will be Rs. 500/- and Rs. 250/- for the candidates belonging to reserved category candidates. The payment of mode will be done through online mode by using online facilities such as debit card, credit card, net banking, etc.
|Subjects||Total questions/ Total marks||Time allotted|
|Mathematics||150 questions/ 150 marks||2 hours 30 minutes|
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Permanent community certificate
- HSC/10+2 class hall ticket
- First graduate certificate
- First graduate joint declaration
- Transfer Certificate
- Srilankan Tamil refugee certificate
- Relevant documents possessing proof of army personnel
Anna University will release the results for the candidates on its main website where the candidates had applied for the entrance examination. Candidates can use their registered credentials together such as their Roll/ Seat Number and also the Date of Birth to induce the results from the official website of Anna University. They must download the results, save the same on their device, and get print copies of the document. The resulting print will be required during the counseling and admission process.
Candidates who complete the discussed admission process will finally get the admissions through TNEA. Students can confirm their admissions into the allotted colleges after they physically report at the allotted institutions and submit their requisite certificates and documents.