TNPSC 2023: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is a renowned institution of the Indian government. It is responsible for recruiting the personnel into the state’s public service. Candidates who are looking for TNPSC complete details like application form, important dates, etc. are required to check the full article.
TNPSC 2023 Recruitment Dates
|Application release date||January 2023|
|Application ends on||February 2023|
|Last date of fee payment||February 2023|
|TNPSC paper-1 (Subject paper)||April 2023|
|TNPSC paper-2 (General Studies)||April 2023|
TNPSC 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Must have completed his/her graduation from a recognized university.
- The minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum should be 36 years.
- For all posts except Sub-registrar grade-II, a Probation officer in prison dept. and the social defense department, the applicant’s age should be 18 years.
- For the post of Sub- Registrar grade II, the candidate’s age should be 20 years.
- the post of the probation officer in the prison department, the applicant’s age should be 22 years.
- the post of the probation officer in the social defense department, the applicant’s age should be 26 years.
TNPSC 2023 Application Process
Candidates need to follow certain steps in order to fill their application form.
- Visit the official website of TNPSC.
- Get the application form and fill in all the details asked in the application form.
- Upload the passport size photograph and signature.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Take a printout of the saved application form.
TNPSC 2023 Application fee
Applicants need to pay INR 150 as the registration fee and INR 100 as the examination fee.
- The Paper will contain objective-type questions with multiple-choice questions.
- General Studies – 150 marks.
- This will have a descriptive paper.
- It will consist of three question papers.
- Each question paper will have 100 marks.
- The exam duration for each paper will be of 3 hours.
- The applicants will also have language options between Tamil or English to answer the questions.
- In General Studies, candidates need to solve 75 questions.
- Aptitude Test, candidates need to solve 25 questions.
- In General Tamil/General English, candidates need to solve 100 questions.
- The candidate’s personality will be tested via viva voice in this test.
- Interviewers will check the quality and capability of the candidate via oral conversation.
TNPSC 2023 Exam Syllabus
- Botany: Classification of living organisms, Nutrition and Dietetics, Respiration, Main concepts of life science.
- Chemistry: Fertilizers, pesticides, and insecticides, Acids, bases & salts, Elements, and compounds.
- Zoology: Blood and Blood Circulation, Environment, Communicable diseases, Animal, plants and Human life, Health and hygiene, Human diseases, Prevention & remedies, Reproductive system, Ecology.
- Physics: Nature of the universe, Mechanics and properties of matter, force, motion and energy, heat, light & sound, Magnetism, electricity, and electronics.
- Economics – Current socio-economic problems.
- Geography – Geographical landmarks
- Political Science.
- Political parties and political system in India.
- Public awareness and General administration.
- Problems in conduct of public elections.
- Welfare oriented government schemes and their utility.
- Sports and games.
- Books and authors.
- Awards and honors’.
- National symbols.
- Profile of states.
- Eminent persons and places in the news.
- Latest diary of events.
- India and its neighbors.
- Earth and universe.
- Solar system.
- Weather and climate.
- Water resources.
- Rivers in India.
- Soil, minerals, and natural resources.
- Social geography.
- Population density and distribution.
- Forest and wildlife.
- Agricultural pattern.
- Transport including surface transport and communication.
- Natural calamities.
- Disaster management.
- The preamble to the constitution.
- Salient features of the constitution.
- Constitution of India.
- Human rights charter.
- Union legislature.
- Fundamental rights.
- Fundamental duties.
- Rule of law.
- Empowerment of women.
- Consumer protection form.
- Corruption in public life.
- Union, state and territory
History and culture of India and Tamil Nadu
- Indus valley civilization.
- Delhi sultans.
- Mughals and Marathas.
- Age of Vijayanagara and the Bahamans.
- South Indian history culture and heritage.
- Characteristics of Indian culture.
- Unity in diversity.
- Tamil Nadu political parties and populist schemes.
- India since independence.
- Nature of Indian Economy.
- Five-year plan.
- Land reform and agriculture.
- Industrial growth.
- Rural welfare-oriented programs.
- Social sector problem
- Population, education, health, employment, poverty.
- Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
Indian National Movement
- The emergence of national leaders
- Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore.
- National renaissance.
- Different modes of agitations.
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle – Rajaji, VOC, Periya, Bharathiar, and others.
- Number Series.
- Alpha Numeric Reasoning.
- Visual Reasoning.
- Logical Reasoning.
- Time and Work.
- Compound Interest.
- Lowest Common Multiple
- Analytical Interpretation of Data.
- Tables, Graphs, and Diagrams.
- Conversion of Information to Data.
- Compilation and presentation of data.
- Ratio proportions.
- Simple interest.
- Analytical interpretation.
Part A – Grammar:
- Select the Correct Voice, Correct Tense.
- Select the Correct Question Tag.
- Fill in the blanks with a suitable proposition and suitable article, particle, gerund, and infinitive.
- Select the correct prefix and suffix.
- Match the following.
- Spot the error.
- Choose the correct sentence.
- Select the correct plural forms.
Part B – Literature:
- Appreciation questions from poetry.
- Figures of speech in Poems.
- Important Lines for Poems.
- Questions from Oscar Wild and Shakespeare.
- Questions on Biographies.
- British English – American English.
- Comprehension questions from motivational essays.
Part C – Authors and Their Literary Works:
- Match the poems with the poets.
- Whose Biography.
- Identifying the author of the short story.
- Identifying the Nationality of the Story.
- Nationality of the poet.
- Famous lines from dramas.
- Important Lines from Indian authors.