Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) organizes group 1 examination for the candidates aspiring to join the civil services in the state of Tamil Nadu. The official notification regarding the same is issued by the TNPSC on their official website. The aspirants will be able to register themselves by paying the one-time registration fees and exam fees at the official portal i.e. www.tnpsc.gov.in. It is expected that the official notification for TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2023 will be out soon and the registration will tentatively begin in the month of January 2023. The TNPSC recruits candidates for multiple posts within the state organization. For more details about TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2023 keep on reading the complete data on this page.
The selection of the candidates for TNPSC Group 1 will be made via:
- Preliminary Exam.
- Main exam (written).
- Interview/ Personality Test.
TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 1 Exam 2023|
|Organizing Authority||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Status of application form||To be released|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Selection process||Prelims, Mains and Interview/ Personality test|
|Language of exam||Tamil and English|
TNSPSC Group 1 Exam 2023 Important Dates
|Official notification release date||To be notified|
|Online application form release date||3rd week of January 2023|
|The deadline to submit the form||3rd week of February 2023|
|Admit card issue date||2nd week of March 2023|
|Prelims examination date||1st week of April 2023|
|Prelims examination result||April 2023|
|Mains examination date||July 2023|
|Mains examination result||August 2023|
|Interview/ PI round||September 2023|
|Final result announcement||November 2023|
TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2023 Vacancy Details
- Deputy Collector: 18
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I): 19
- Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes): 10
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies: 14
- Assistant Director of Rural Development: 07
- District Officer (Fire and Rescue Services): 01
- Applicant must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university.
- The final-year students are also eligible to apply for the above-mentioned posts.
- For the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police and District Officer, the candidates need to satisfy the specific physical qualifications.
- A candidate needs to be proficient in the Tamil language.
- The age of the candidates for all posts except Assistant Commissioner Commercial Taxes should be between 21 and 32 years. However, the maximum age limit for candidates of reserved categories is 37 years.
The age limit for Assistant Commissioner Commercial Taxes is tabulated below:
|Degree||Minimum Age Limit||Maximum Age Limit|
|Any degree||21 years||32 (37- reserved categories)|
|B.L degree||21 years||33 (38- reserved categories)|
TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2023 Application Process
- First of all, go to the official website of TNPSC i.e. www.tnpsc.gov.in.
- On the homepage of the TNPSC’s website, you will find the link- ‘TNPSC Group 1 Application Form’.
- Click on the same and register yourself for the TNPSC Group 1 exam by providing a valid email address and working mobile number.
- You will then receive a registration number on your registered email ID.
- With the help of the registration number, you will be able to log in and fill out the application form with all your personal, educational, communications, and category details.
- Later, upload the necessary documents in the application form as per the mentioned specifications.
- Review all the entered details carefully before making the application fee payment.
- Pay the necessary TNPSC Group 1 Exam Application fee using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking facilities.
- Submit the application form and take out its print for more requirements.
|Preliminary Exam||INR 150/-|
|Mains Exam||INR 200/-|
- The prelims exam paper carries a total of 300 marks for 200 objective-type questions.
- It is an objective paper (includes multiple-choice questions) and a qualifying nature only.
- The exam will nominate the participants for the main exam in the ratio of 1:50.
- The main exam will have 3 descriptive papers for 250 marks each.
- There will be no negative marking in both the prelims and main exams of the TNPSC Group 1 Exam.
- The applicant needs to pass/ qualify in each stage to appear for an interview and it carries 100 marks.
Here is the detailed wise exam pattern:
|Subject||Number of questions||Duration||Maximum marks|
|General studies||150 questions||
|Aptitude and Mental Ability test||50 questions|
|Exam Type||Title||Total marks||Duration|
|Descriptive Type||Paper 1||250||3 hours|
|Paper 2||250||3 hours|
|Paper 3||250||3 hours|
|Interview and records||100||9 hours|
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Selection Process
1st Stage: In the first phase, a preliminary exam will be conducted and the marks acquired by the candidate in the prelims exam will be examined to qualify for the main exam only.
2nd Stage: The main exam involves total of 3 papers and only 1 out of 50 participants will have to appear for the main exam.
3rd Stage: The last stage will be the interview round that will hold for the candidates, who pass the main exam, and accordingly a merit list will be made considering marks obtained in the main exam and interview together.
TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2023 Results
The TNPSC Group 1 exam results will be out after a month from the exam conduction. So, the participants can check their results according to that. The candidate will be shortlisted for further rounds based on his/ her performance in the Preliminary Examination i.e. the first stage of the TNPSC Group 1 Exam. All the participants will be able to view their TNPSC Group 1 Exam Result from the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission by providing their correct login credentials.