TNTET stands for Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test which is a state-level examination. Teachers Recruitment Board, Tamil Nadu is responsible for organizing this exam every year. Candidates, who are seeking their career in teaching, can apply for TN TET. The TNTET will be conducted for two papers: Paper 1 for the primary level and Paper 2 for the upper primary level. Primary Level includes classes 1st to 5th whereas; Upper Primary Level includes classes 6th to 10th. Eligible candidates will be selected as teachers for primary and upper primary classes in the state of Tamil Nadu. Meanwhile, candidates who successfully qualify for the entrance test will be given a certificate that will be valid for 7 years. Moreover, the application form for the same was out in March 2023. Therefore, applicants need to check out the full article to gather complete details regarding TNTET 2023.
TNTET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test|
|Conducting body||TRB (Teachers Recruitment Board), Tamil Nadu.|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Exam Type||Entrance Based Test|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of the exam||Pen & Paper mode|
TNTET 2023 Important dates
|Application form release date||2nd week of March 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of April 2023|
|Admit card issue date||To be updated|
|Paper 1||To be updated|
|Paper 2||To be updated|
|Announcement of results||To be updated|
Age Limit: Applicants must fall in the age group of 18 years to 40 years.
For paper 1
- Candidates must have completed class 12th from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and appearing in the final year or passed the 2-year diploma in elementary education.
- Candidates who are pursuing B.ED/ D.E.ED degrees are also eligible to appear for the exam.
For paper 2
- Candidates must have done graduation from a recognized university with a minimum score of 50% marks.
- They must hold a diploma in elementary education or a B.Ed. degree with 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of a UG degree or diploma can also apply.
TNTET 2023 Application Form
- Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB), Tamil Nadu will release the application form on its official website.
- Applicants must make sure to submit the registration forms before the deadline of submission.
- Applicants have to fill the form for Paper 1 and Paper 2 separately.
- To fill the form candidates have to first register themselves and then need to log in with the login credentials.
- Candidates have to enter their personal, academic details, contact details, address details, etc. in the TNTET application form.
- They must be ready with the scanned images of signature, passport size photograph, and other compulsory documents such as mark sheets, category, character certificates, etc. Upload all such documents and certificates as per the specifications given in the application form.
- After that pay the requisite application fee by Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card. No offline mode of payment will be accepted by the authorities.
|Category||Paper I/ II (Separately)||Both Paper I and II|
|General candidates||INR 500/-||INR 1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates||INR 250/-||INR 500/-|
- Exam mode – Offline examination (OMR based)
- Duration of examination – 3 hours for each paper
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Number of questions: 150 questions
- Maximum Marks: 150 marks
- Marking Scheme: +1 for each correct answer and Negative marking is not applicable.
|Child development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language 1 (Tamil, Urdu, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam)||30||30|
|Language 2 (English)||30||30|
|Child development and Pedagogy (Compulsory)||30||30|
|Language 1- Telugu, Tamil, Urdu, Kannada, Malayalam (Compulsory)||30||30|
|Language 2- English (Compulsory)||30||30|
|Mathematics and Science/ Social Science||60||60|
TNTET 2023 Result
The result of Tamil Nadu TET 2023 will be announced on the official web portal of conducting board i.e. Teachers Recruitment Board, Tamil Nadu. Within one month of the commencement of the TNTET exam, the results will be declared. Candidates are required to provide all the details such as roll number and date of birth as mentioned on their TNTET admit card. Candidates have to clear both papers with at least 60% marks. TNTET scorecard will be valid for up to 7 years.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Who conducts TNTET?
Ans. Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB), Tamil Nadu will conduct the Tamil Nadu TET exam 2023.
Question: What is the date of online registration for TNTET 2023?
Ans. The online registrations were started in the month of March 2023.
Question: What is the Tamil Nadu TET application form fee for general category candidates?
Ans. General Category candidates will have to pay Rs. 1000/- for both the papers- Paper I and II.