JTET shortened for Jharkhand Teacher Eligibility Test is an entrance test that is conducted every year at the State level. It is organized and regulated by the State of Jharkhand through the Jharkhand Academic Council. The test is conducted for determining the eligibility of the candidates for teaching classes 1st to class 8th. Those candidates who are interested in the area of teaching and want to build their career in the same then must apply online before the closing of the application process. The application forms are soon going to be released by the authorities in September 2024. Therefore, all the interested applicants should check whether they meet the eligibility requirements or not. For more details related to JTET 2024, refer to the full post below.
JTET 2024 Highlights
|Exam name||JTET (Jharkhand Teacher Eligibility test)|
|Conducting authority||Jharkhand Academic council|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Mode of exam||Offline (Written mode)|
|Exam duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Language||English and Hindi|
JTET 2024 Exam Schedule
|Online application process from||1st week of September 2024|
|Last date to register||1st week of October 2024|
|Last date to pay the fee||1st week of October 2024|
|Admit card availability||2nd week of November 2024|
|Exam date||3rd week of November 2024|
|Answer key release date||December 2024|
|Announcement of result||December 2024|
For Paper I
- Candidates must have cleared Class 12th with a minimum of 45 % aggregate marks.
- They should hold a two-year diploma in elementary education.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12th with a minimum of 50 % in aggregate.
- Applicants should have completed a four-year course of Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) or a two-year diploma in Special Education.
- Candidates must hold an undergraduate BA/BSc degree with a minimum of 50 % in aggregate.
- They should have a B.Ed. degree from a recognized institute/ university.
For Paper II
- Candidates must have completed their bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 45 % in aggregate.
- They must have completed a two-year diploma in education or a B.Ed. degree.
- Candidates must have passed Special Education with a minimum of 50 % in aggregate.
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based test)|
|No. of Questions||150|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for every right response and no negative marking.|
|Medium of Exam||Hindi and English|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
For paper 1 (class 1st to 5th)
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Child development and pedagogy||30||30|
For paper 2 (class 6th to 8th)
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Mathematics and Science||60||60|
|Social studies/social science||60||60|
JTET 2024 Application Process
- JAC (Jharkhand Academic Council) will release the application form on their official website.
- The authorities will also provide the correction facility to the candidates to correct the mistakes in the Application form.
- The officials will also verify the details filled by the candidate in the application form at the time of selection. Therefore, fill in the details very carefully.
- In case of any wrong or false information will be found, then the application for the candidate will be canceled immediately.
- They will also have to pay the application fee to confirm their application form submission.
- Candidates must take out multiple prints of the submission page for future references.
The mode of fee payment will be credit card/ debit card/ net banking methods.
|Category||Paper 1 and 2 (Separately)||Both Paper 1 and 2|
|General candidates||INR 500/-||INR 1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates||INR 250/-||INR 500/-|
JTET 2024 Result
JAC (Jharkhand Academic Council) will announce the result on their official web portal. After the result, the JAC will start the counseling process. Qualified candidates will have to visit the allotted venue for the selection process. The scorecard will also be released by JAC.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official web portal for JTET?
Ans. Applicants are required to visit the official website to fill JTET Application form – www.jac.jharkhand.gov.in.
Question: When will the online registration process for Jharkhand TET begin?
Ans. The online registration process will begin in the month of September.
Question: Where will the examination results for JTET be declared?
Ans. The results will be declared on the official website of JAC- Jharkhand Academic Council.