UPCET 2023: Uttar Pradesh Combined Entrance Test will be conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency) for admission to the various professional courses offered by government and private university/institutions that are affiliated to Dr. A.P.J Abdul kalam technical university (AKTU), Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology (MMMUT) and some other universities of Uttar Pradesh state.
UPCET 2023 Details
|The online application process begins||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date to register||4th week of April 2023|
|Corrections to be made in the application form||1st week of April 2023|
|Admit card release date||Available soon|
|Exam Date||3rd week of May 2023|
|Exam Centre||61 cities across India|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Results declaration||Available soon|
B.Tech – LE: Candidates should have passed 3/ 4 years diploma exam from any recognized institute/college with 60% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/ ST category candidates).
BBA: Candidates should have cleared 12th from a recognized board with 55% in aggregate (50% for SC/ST category candidates).
B.Pharma: Candidates should have completed 12th from science background with 55% (50% for SC/ST category candidates).
BHMCT/ BFA/BFAD/ MBA (Integrated): 12th passed from any stream with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST category candidates).
MBA/MCA: Bachelor’s degree with 50% (45% for SC/ST category students). For MCA candidates should have mathematics in class 12th or graduation.
MCA- LE: Degree in BCA, BSc IT with 50% (45% for SC/ST category candidates).
B.Pharma – LE: Diploma in Pharmacy is required.
- Exam Mode: UPCET will be conducted through online mode (CBT).
- Type of Questions: The question paper will consist of multiple types of questions (MCQ). Although, the drawing test will be of subjective type.
- Time Duration: The time duration will be of 2 or 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Students will get 4 marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
|Subjects||Total questions||Total marks|
|Physics, chemistry, mathematics||50 for each section||600|
|Physics, chemistry, biology||50 for each section||600|
|Aptitude Test (Architecture & Design)
Part-A: Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity
Part–B: Drawing Aptitude
|Part- A (100)
Part- B (02)
|Aptitude Test (General Awareness ) (BHMCT/BFAD/ B. Des/BFA/MBA (Integrated)||100||400|
|Aptitude Test (B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering)- Lateral entry and 2nd Year MCA- Lateral entry||100||400|
|Aptitude test (MCA/MBA)||100||400|
|Aptitude Test (Diploma Holders in Pharmacy) – Lateral entry||100||400|
|Aptitude Test (Diploma Holders in Engineering) – Lateral entry||100||400|
The syllabus for entrance examination varies from courses to courses, whereas the exam syllabus for B.Pharm and pg level courses is listed below:
For B. Pharma, the syllabus will include topics from Physics, Biology, and Chemistry subjects studied in class 12th.
For PG admission into various courses, the syllabus will include topics from the respective graduation subjects.
UPCET 2023 Application form
All the mandatory information regarding UPCET 2023 Application form is listed below:
- UPCET 2023 application form has been released on the official site via online mode.
- Candidates can fill out the application form from 1st April 2023.
- The last date to apply for UPCET 2023 is 30th April 2023.
- Incomplete details in the application form will not be accepted by the authority so candidates are advised to fill all the asked & required details in the application form.
- Along with the submission of the application, form candidates must also attach their scanned passport size photograph & signature.
- Candidates will also get a chance to make corrections in the application form for a limited period of time.
- All important information/updates will be sent to the candidate’s valid mobile number and verified email id.
- Candidates should check the eligibility criteria first before applying for UPCET 2023.
- At last, candidates must not forget to take a printout of the filled-in application form for future uses.
- UPCET Application fee can be paid through online mode.
- Candidates can pay the application fee using a credit card, debit card, or net banking method.
|General/OBC/Male/Transgender candidates||INR 1300/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/Female candidates||INR 650/-|
Result and Counseling
Details regarding the counseling procedure will be intimated to the participants through website and newspapers, after they get the results. To get the results, they have to go to the official website of the UPCET conducting body and provide their login credentials. During counseling, the aspirants need to input their choice for trade and institute in which they wish to get admission. The allotment of seats to the candidates will be done on the basis of their merit and choice depending on the availability. Final admission will be granted after all the tuition and other details are submitted.
UPCET 2023 FAQs
Question: When will UPCET 2023 online registration begin?
Ans. The online registrations have begun from the 1st week of April 2023.
Question: What is the last date to register for UPCET 2023?
Ans. The last date is in the 4th week of April 2023.
Question: What is the mode of entrance examination?
Ans. The mode of entrance examination is online i.e. (Computer Based Test).
Question: Is there any negative marking in UPCET?
Ans. No, there will be no negative marking for incorrect responses in UPCET.
Question: What are the application charges for General category candidates to apply for UPCET?
Ans. The general category candidates will have to pay INR 1300/- as their application fee.