WB D.El.Ed also known as West Bengal Diploma in Elementary Education is organised by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education. Through this, candidates get admission to a 2-year diploma D.El.Ed course. The test is organized for the post of primary teachers in West Bengal state. The application form for the same will be released by the authority. The eligible candidates who are seeking their careers in this field must apply before the due date. We have mentioned mandatory details regarding WB D.El.Ed 2023. Meanwhile, candidates need to visit the official website from time to time to get any notification/updates regarding the exam. For gathering all the other important details, go through the full post below.
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||WB D.El.Ed|
|Full-Form||West Bengal Diploma in Elementary Education|
|Exam Types||UG Level|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Board of Primary Education|
|Entrance Exam||To be announced|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration begins||Last week of July 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be announced|
|Scrutiny of online applications||3rd week of August 2023|
|Online approval for merit list||To be announced|
|The admission process ends on||Last week of August 2023|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of November 2023|
Candidates are required to meet certain eligibility norms in order to fill the application form:
- Candidates are required to qualify for their intermediate examination from any recognized Board/ Institution.
- It is mandatory for them to secure a minimum of 50% in their last exam.
- 5% of relaxation is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST quota.
- The age of the candidate must not exceed 35 years for WB D.El.Ed. 2023. Meanwhile, the upper age limit for reserved categories is 40 years.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India to be eligible and hold a domicile certificate of West Bengal.
WB D.El.Ed Application process
- To get the application form, candidates have to visit the official website of the West Bengal Board of Primary Education.
- The application form must be filled with the correct details of the candidate.
- It is also important to attest to the required documents in the application form.
- Candidates will also be able to submit the form offline mode. They can take the application form through the post office.
- Applicants can download the admit card 10- 15 days prior to the examination.
- You have to submit the application fee via internet banking, debit card, or internet banking. Check the application fees in the table below.
|General/OBC category candidates||INR 300/-|
|SC/ST category candidates||INR 150/-|
WB D.El.Ed Selection Process
- The candidates will be shortlisted strictly on the basis of merit only.
- The competent authority will prepare the merit list on the basis of the marks secured by the student in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates who perform well in class 12th will be selected and the merit list will be prepared accordingly.
- The authority will prepare the merit list district-wise.
- After the release of the merit list, the exam managing authority will further organize the counseling process.
- After the declaration of the results/merit list, the counseling procedure is conducted.
- In the counseling process, candidates will be allotted seats, and their documents verification is done.
- Candidates need to carry the following below mentioned documents during the counseling process:
- Passing Certificate.
- Class X & XII certificates.
- Graduation Mark sheet.
- Domicile of West Bengal.
- Registration Number & Slip.
- Color Photographs.
- Payment Receipt.
- Caste Certificates
For Govt. Institutions
|Intake||50 seats||100 seats|
|OBC- A (10%)||05||10|
|OBC- B (7%)||04||07|
|Deputed In-Service Teacher||05||10|
For Private Institute
|Intake||50 seats||100 seats||150 seats|
|OBC- A (10%)||05||10||15|
|OBC- B (7%)||04||07||11|
Migration is examined at the sole will of the Director SCERT. Enrolled candidates from one DIET to another DIET under deserving circumstances at the early stage in the first year only. The affiliating authority will not consider any migration from one private college to another college.
In case the admission of any candidate is found to have granted on the basis of false, fabricated, forged or tampered document, then it will be canceled at any stage forthwith, apart from registering a criminal case against the candidate and barring candidates for re-admission in DIET for a duration of three years. In case of any clash, the DIET Directors will take the final decision.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Who organizes D.El.Ed Admission process in West Bengal?
Ans. West Bengal Board of Primary Education.
Question: When will the online registration process start?
Ans. In the last week of July 2023.
Question: When will the WB D.El.Ed Merit list release??
Ans. In the month of August 2023.
Question: What is the application fee for general category students?
Ans. The students of general category students will have to pay INR 300/-
Question: What is the official website to apply for WB D.El.Ed Admission 2023?
Ans. The official website is www.wbbpe.org.