WB ITI 2023: The West Bengal State Council for Vocational Training (WBSCVT), Kolkata conducts an entrance exam to provide admission to the candidates on various ITI courses in different Govt./Private institutes. The entrance exam is conducted on yearly basis. The candidates can apply for WB ITI admission on or before the last date to apply for the course. The candidates who want to pursue the ITI course can get important details from this article to apply for admission.
WB ITI 2023 Schedule
|Application forms availability||April 2023|
|Cut off date for submission of OMR application form||May 2023|
|End date for submission of printout of the online applications||June 2023|
|Date for the release of merit list||July 2023|
|Date for counseling & choice filling||July 2023|
|Date for release of the final result||July 2023|
|The academic process will start from||August 2023|
- The applicants must have attained the age of 14 years as of 1st August 2023.
- There is no upper age limit prescribed by the admission authority.
- For Group ‘M’ courses, the applicants must have passed the 10th or equivalent exam from a recognized Board or institute from any school in the state. They should have passed with Mathematics & Physical Science as a compulsory subject for admission in Engineering Group of courses. The candidates who are appearing in the 10th standard are also eligible to apply for the ‘M’ Group course (provided they have to obtain the mark sheet/certificate at the time of admission).
- For Group ‘E-Course, the applicants must have cleared 8th class from a recognized school within the state.
WB ITI 2023 Application Process
- The applicants need to purchase the admission brochure containing the OMR application form from an authorized Govt. it is/ITCs/Govt. sponsored IITs/ it is under PPP. However, the application form can also be filled out online from the official website.
- In the OMR sheet, the candidates have to fill out the application form properly as per the specified guidelines given in the admission brochure.
- After filling up the application form, you need to submit it at the center from where you obtained the form to fill it up.
- On the other hand, in online mode, the application form can be submitted from the official website.
- The candidates are advised to take the printout of the application form for future reference.
The candidates have to pay a certain amount of the application fee to confirm their candidature. The application process will only be considered as completed once the application fee is paid.
- For the OMR application form, the application fee is Rs. 350/- (Rs. 150/- is for the candidates who enrolled under Kanyashree).
- For the online application form, the application fee is Rs. 330/- (Rs. 165/- is for the candidates who enrolled under Kanyashree).
- The candidates also have to pay Rs. 100/- as verification charge (from the candidates who passed other than West Bengal Board of Secondary Education i.e. WBBSE).
All the appearing candidates must go through the examination pattern of the entrance test. It is quite helpful for the students to understand the pattern of the question paper. As a result, they will be able to plan their study accordingly to prepare for the entrance test.
- There will be 2 separate papers for both groups.
- All the questions given in the question paper will be of MCQ type. The applicants have to mark the correct answer from the given options for each question.
- The applicants will get 2 hours to complete the question paper of the West Bengal ITI entrance test.
- The questions will be asked as per the level of the qualifying exam of the candidates.
Necessary Documents for Verification
The candidates are required to bring some necessary documents for verification at the time of admission. The documents for verification includes,
- Seat allotment letter of the candidate
- Mark sheet and certificate of the qualifying exam
- Character certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Migration certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of fee receipt
- Printout of application form, etc.
For more details and updates related to WB ITI 2023 admission, the candidates can visit the official website.