West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board directs a state-level entrance exam namely WBJEE to provide admission to the qualified candidates into architecture, engineering, technology and pharmacy courses. The examination is organized per year at the state-level on the premises of which, admission will be granted into the various government and private institutions situated in the state of West Bengal. Candidates who submit the application form successfully, will be eligible to download their admit card tentatively from the third week of December 2023 onwards. The exam is scheduled to be conducted in the fourth week of April 2024 (expected). Therefore candidates get the proper time to prepare themselves for the WBJEE 2024.
Based on the candidate’s WBJEE scores, they will be enrolled into many government colleges, universities, and self-financed institutions into various UG courses. The application form will be available on the website of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board from December 2023 (Expected).
WBJEE 2024 Important Dates
|Filing up the online application form||3rd week of December 2023|
|Last date for form filling & payment of fee||3rd week of January 2024|
|Due date to download the confirmation page||4th week of January 2024|
|Correction window in the application form||4th week of January 2024|
|Release the admit card||2nd week of April 2024|
|Exam date||4th week of April 2024|
|Release of final answer key||1st week of May 2024|
|Last date to challenge the answer key||2nd week of May 2024|
|Recorded responses release||2nd week of May 2024|
|Due date to claim for review||2nd week of May 2024|
|Final answer key release date||3rd week of May 2024|
|Declaration of the outcome||4th week of May 2024|
|Counselling commencement||Last week of May 2024|
- The entrant must hold the nationality of India.
- The lower age limit for the applicant is 17 years and there is no upper age limit for the same. However, for marine engineering, the authorities have set the upper age limit of 25 years.
- Moreover, there is no domicile criteria for candidates appearing in WBJEE. However, for admission to any reserved category of seats and any seat under the TFW (Tuition Fee Waiver) a domicile certificate is crucial for admissions into any government colleges of the West Bengal state.
- Candidates who are the permanent residents of West Bengal state for 10 consecutive years or whose parent(s) are permanent resident of the state will be considered as a domicile of West Bengal state.
For engineering courses:
- It is necessary to pass 12th exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Application/ Computer Science as mandatory subjects.
- A minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ ST/ PwD/ OBC-A/ OBC-B) in these subjects individually is required.
- He/ she must be pass in English at ‘10+2’ level with at least 30% marks.
For marine engineering:
- Passing 12th exam with 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is mandatory.
- A minimum of 50% marks in English in either high school or intermediate is also required.
For pharmacy courses:
- Appliers who have passed 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Application/ Computer Science as compulsory subjects can apply.
- The minimum aggregate marks in these subjects should be 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ PwD/ OBC-A/ OBC-B). Candidate should be individual pass in these subjects.
- Passing in English subject separately at 10+2 level with at least 30% marks is also necessary.
For architecture courses:
- Entrants must have cleared JEE Mains Paper 2 or NATA and should also have passed class intermediate board exam with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
WBJEE 2024 Application Form
Candidates will be able to access the application form online for the WBJEE exam. Candidates should hold a valid mobile number and a unique email ID to acquire the form for WBJEE. In case any wrong detail is found in the application form, then the application form will be rejected by the board. After duly filling the application form, candidates will have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature in authentic form. During the correction window, contenders will be able to make the correction in the particulars filled by the candidates in the application form (except registration particulars).
The candidates will have to make a payment of the processing fee of Rs. 500/-. The payment of registration fee should be made through net banking/ debit card/ credit card or through Allahabad Bank e-Challan.
- Mode of exam: Offline mode, i.e. pen-paper based test.
- Duration of exam: 5 hours (including a break of 1 hour).
- Total marks: Total of 200 marks.
- No. of questions: Total of 155 questions.
- Type of questions: Objective type, i.e. multiple-choice questions.
- Subjects: Mathematics (Paper I), and Chemistry & Physics (Paper II)
|Subjects||I Category||II Category||III Category|
|No. of questions||Total no. of questions||No. of questions|
- Candidates who will appear in Paper I and Paper II both will be granted admission in Architecture/ Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy courses.
- Candidates participating only in Paper II will be provided admission in Pharmacy courses (except in Jadavpur University).
WBJEE 2024 Results
The outcome will be available by the authority through online mode i.e. visiting the official web page of the conducting board. The result will be issued from the fourth week of May 2024 (speculated). The board will evaluate the result on the basis of the final answer key through online mode.
The result will be accessible for every participating student. Individuals will simply be able to download their admit cards by providing login details on the website. Candidates will not be able to receive the result through post or any other offline mode.