West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) is responsible for conducting the Joint Entrance Examination for the M.Sc Nursing course in the state of West Bengal. The application process for WBJEE M.Sc Nursing 2023 will start in the month of January 2023, while the exam is scheduled to be conducted on May 15, 2023. Those candidates who pass this entrance exam will get enrolled into M.Sc Nursing course offered at various institutes in the state of West Bengal. To apply for the entrance exam, candidates have to visit the official website of WBJEEB (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations). However, before applying, they should have complete knowledge of WBJEE.
WBJEE M.Sc Nursing 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam
|JEMScN (Joint Entrance Examination for M.Sc Nursing) 2023
|West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
|Status of application form
|To be released
|Level of Exam
|Duration of Exam
WBJEE M.Sc Nursing 2023 Important Dates
|Online application form release date
|2nd week of January 2023
|The deadline to submit the form
|4th week of January 2023
|Application correction window opens from
|1st week of February 2023
|Admit card issue date
|1st week of May 2023
|3rd week of May 2023
|Announcement of results
|Last week of May 2023
- The candidate applying for the entrance exam should be a citizen of India.
- Applicant should complete B.Sc Nursing/ B.Sc (Hons) Nursing (4 Years Course) or should have passed Post Basic B.Sc Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc (Hons) Nursing (2 Years Course) from a recognized institution.
- Or candidates must have passed 3 years BSc Nursing Degree, if completed through distant education.
- The candidates should secure a minimum of 55% marks, for all four years together.
Note: The candidate must pass the above mentioned qualifications from an Institution recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC) or affiliated with any recognized university of education. Moreover, applicants who have passed through distance education from an institute which is not recognized by INC are not eligible to apply for WBJEE M.Sc Nursing.
- Government employees: They should have a minimum of 3 years working experience after the announcement of the result of the qualifying examinations by September 30, 2023. All in-service candidates must possess a letter of permission from the official authority for sponsorship, at the time of admission.
- Private employees: Those who hold a B.Sc Nursing or B.Sc (Hons) Nursing degree, need to have at least one year of working experience after the date of passing them by September 30, 2023.
- Additionally, those who have passed Post Basic BSc Nursing or Post Basic BSc (Hons) Nursing should hold one year of work experience after the date of passing them. Moreover, applicants who have passed through distance education should hold two years of working experience after the date of passing the course.
Upper age limit
There is no upper age limit for the candidates who are presently employed in private institutes.
For candidates presently employed in government/ public institutes, the upper age limit is 53 years.
WBJEE M.Sc Nursing 2023 Application Form
- All the aspiring candidates can acquire the application form online at the official website of the exam organizing board i.e. www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
- On the homepage of the website, candidates will find the application form link where they will have to submit the details as asked in the application form and attach/ upload all the requisite documents and certificates as per specifications.
- Once the application form filling and uploading documents is completed, candidates have to make the application fee payment via available payment modes.
The application fee is INR 3000 which is non- refundable and non- transferrable. It can be paid via debit card, internet banking and credit card.
- Type of questions: The question paper will have all multiple-choice questions (objective type questions).
- Exam paper Language: The questions in exam paper are given in English Language only.
- Duration of the exam: The exam should be completed within 90 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for every right attempted answer and a question left unanswered will get no marks. However, there will be a deduction of 1/4th mark for wrong response.
WBJEE M.Sc Nursing 2023 Result
Through online means, candidates will be able to view their results at the official portal of WBJEEB. The officials will make an announcement of the results there and participants of exam need to open the official website of the university and enter their roll number and date of birth (as mentioned on the admit card/ hall ticket).
It is important to download the result and get a copy of the same as it may be required during the admission process. On the basis of candidates’ results and scores, the officials will grant them admission.
WBJEE M.Sc Nursing 2023 Counseling
A few days post the results announcement, the counseling procedure will take place. All the students who have passed the minimum required cut-off will be eligible for the counseling session.
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will release the notification with complete details of counseling, seat allotment, and admission procedure at wbjeeb.nic.in. The details regarding availability of seats, institute-wise, course wise will be provided by the competent authorities only.