West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) is responsible for conducting WBJEE JECA (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination for Masters in Computer Applications) in the state of West Bengal every year. The course is offered at various institutions located in West Bengal. The application process for WBJEE JECA 2023 will start in the month of February 2023, while the exam is scheduled to be conducted in the month of May 2023.
Those candidates who pass this entrance exam will get enrolled in 2 years Masters of Computer Applications course offered at various institutes in the state of West Bengal. To apply for the entrance exam, candidates have to visit the authorized web portal of WBJEEB (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations). Before beginning the registration, get the complete knowledge of WBJEE from this page. We have mentioned details for instance WBJEE JECA important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, etc. in this post.
WBJEE JECA 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination for Masters in Computer Application|
|Organizing Authority||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Application form status||To be released|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Courses offered||Masters of Computer Applications|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
WBJEE JECA 2023 Important Dates
|Online application form release date||1st week of February 2023|
|The deadline to submit the form||3rd week of February 2023|
|Application correction window opens from||4th week of February 2023|
|Admit card issue date||1st week of May 2023|
|Examination date||3rd week of May 2023|
|Announcement of results||June 2023|
|Counseling session||July 2023|
Nationality and Domicile
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and hold a domicile of West Bengal state.
- There is no lower or upper age limit prescribed by the officials to appear for the JECA examination.
- Universities and institutions in West Bengal offer 3 year Master of Computer Applications (MCA) courses that follows one of the following modules of eligibility requirements:
- Educational Qualification: Applicants should pass three years bachelor degree with an aggregate of 60% marks (45% for SC/ST applicants) from a recognized university or they should have a Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) degree from a recognized university with 60% marks separately in mathematics at a bachelor’s level.
- Educational Qualification: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBA – A/OBC – B candidates) from a recognized institution.
- Educational Qualification: Those who have passed graduation or an equivalent degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline from a UGC/AICTE recognized University are eligible to apply for WBJEE JECA. Such applicants should acquire 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC- B candidates) at the level of the qualifying exam as mentioned above.
Mandatory Subject: Applicants must have studied mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects at each level of education.
- Educational Qualification: Those candidates who have passed a B.Sc. Hons. degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline from a UGC recognized institute can apply. They must be secured at least 60% marks in 10th and 12th or equivalent level from recognized educational boards with 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics at each level (45% marks for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B category).
WBJEE JECA 2023 Application Form
- Aspirants can obtain the application form online through the official website of the WBJEEB i.e. www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
- The application form link will be presented on the homepage of the website where candidate’s details will be asked in the application form.
- After that attach/ upload all the required documents and certificates as per the given formats in the form.
- After duly filling the application form and uploading the documents, candidates will have to make the application fee payment via online modes like debit card, credit card, and internet banking or offline mode such as bank challan.
The application fee is INR 600 + service charges as applicable.
- TC (Transfer Certificate).
- 10th/ High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate.
- 12th (Intermediate) Certificate or equivalent Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Mark sheet of 10th/ High School.
- 12th or equivalent mark sheets.
- Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination.
- SC/ ST/ OBC Certificate if required.
- Sports Certificate (if any).
- Examination mode: Online mode.
- Number of papers: Two papers i.e. Mathematics & Aptitude test.
- Duration: Mathematics- 2 hours & Aptitude test- 1 hour.
- Total marks: 100 marks for each paper.
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice type questions
- Negative marking: Deduction of 1/4th marks for each incorrect answer.
- Language: English only.
WBJEE JECA 2023 Result
- The examination result for WBJEE JECA will expectedly be published in June 2023 at the official portal of the conducting board.
- The result will be published online mode in the form of a scorecard at www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Candidates will be able to check the result online and download the same in a form of PDF.
- They can check their names in the merit list and appear for counseling sessions according to it.
- Kolkata – Central
- Kolkata – North
- Kolkata – South