WBUT PGET is a state-level entrance test to provide admission to eligible candidates to M.Tech and M.Pharma courses. The examination will be conducted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (which was earlier known as the West Bengal University of Technology) to offer admissions in different colleges in the state. The entrance examination will be conducted through offline mode. The deserving candidates will be selected for admission based on their performance in the entrance test and personal interview. The applicants who are looking for admissions in these courses can check the important details here such as application form, eligibility, exam pattern, etc.
Important Dates- WBUT PGET 2023
|Release date of the application forms||June 2023|
|End date for submission of the application forms||1st week of July 2023|
|Availability of admit cards||1st week of July 2023|
|Examination date||2nd week of July 2023|
|Declaration of the results||3rd week of July 2023|
|The counseling process will start from||Last week of July 2023|
- The applicant must be an Indian national.
- They must have qualified a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University or Institute.
- The candidates who are appearing in the final year of their graduation can also apply for WBUT PGET admission 2023.
- Those, who have completed or are pursuing M.Sc in the appropriate branches are also eligible to apply for WBUT PGET admission 2023.
- The candidates who have completed a degree through distance education will not be eligible to apply for WBUT PGET admission 2023.
WBUT PGET 2023 Application Form
The application process will start in June 2023. The interested candidates can follow the steps to apply for WBUT PGET admissions 2023. The steps to apply for admissions are as follows-
- To apply for WBUT PGET admission 2023, the candidates have to visit the official website www.wbut.ac.in.
- First of all, the candidates have to complete the registration by entering the necessary details such as personal details, educational details, contact details, etc.
- Along with entering necessary details, they also have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature in the specified dimension.
- The size of the scanned image of the photograph should be 20kb to 50kb and the signature should be 10kb to 20kb. The scanned images must be available in jpeg or jpg format.
- The candidates also need to pay the application fee to complete the application procedure.
- After filling up the application form, you have to click on submit.
The amount of application fee will vary from category to category. The application fee to be paid for WBUT PGET admission 2023 is as follows-
- For General/ OBC candidates, the application fee is Rs. 600/-.
- For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, the application fee is Rs. 300/-.
- The entrance examination for WBUT PGET admission 2023will be held through online mode i.e. Computer-based Examination.
- The examination medium will be in English.
- The duration of the examination will be one hour and 30 minutes.
- There will be a total of 50 questions of MCQ type.
- The candidates will get one mark for each correct question and there will be no penalty for wrong answers.
WBUT PGET Counselling Process
The counseling procedure for admissions will start most probably in the last week of July 2023. The candidates who will qualify for the entrance examination will be called for the counseling process. The candidates have to pay the fee of Rs. 500/- to attend the counseling process. During counseling, the candidates will have to choose their preference of the course and the institute for admission. The final selection of the candidates will be done based on the merit list and the number of available seats.