AP EdCET (Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test) is a state-level exam that is organized every year for candidates who wish to pursue a B.Ed Course in the top institutions of Andhra Pradesh state. The entrance exam of AP EdCET is regulated by the Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam on behalf of Andhra State Council of Higher Education (ASCHE). Through this entrance test, interested students will be enrolled into 2 years regular B.Ed. program in top Andhra Pradesh state colleges/ universities.
Candidates who are willing to take up this course must apply for AP EdCET online after checking the eligibility criteria. The complete schedule of the same is provided on its official website too. Therefore, students who are going to appear for this AP EdCET need to check this complete article. Full details of AP EdCET are given in the post.
AP EdCET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam|
|Abbreviated as||AP EdCET|
|Level of examination||State Level|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
AP EdCET 2023 Important Dates
|AP EdCET official notification||1st week of March 2023|
|Online registration starts from||To be updated|
|Deadline of form submission without late fee||To be updated|
|Deadline to submit the form with a late fee of Rs. 1000/-||To be updated|
|End date to submit the form with a late fee of Rs. 2000/-||To be updated|
|Release of admit card||To be updated|
|Entrance exam date||To be updated|
|Answer key publish||To be updated|
|Result declaration date||To be updated|
|The counseling process starts from||To be updated|
- Candidates who will confirm the below-provided eligibility requirements can further apply for AP EdCET:
- Applicants need to be Indian Nationals in order to be eligible for AP EdCET.
- Candidates should be local/ permanent residents of Andhra Pradesh, consequently, he/ she must hold a domicile of Andhra Pradesh state.
- Applicants must complete 19 years of age in order to be eligible for AP EdCET.
- Any Bachelors Degree i.e. B.A, B.Sc. / (Home Science), BBA, B.Com, BCA, BBM, or postgraduate degree with at least 50% aggregate marks are acceptable.
- B.Tech or B.E candidates with Specialization in Science and Mathematics are also eligible for admission.
- Reserved category candidates should have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying degree.
- Those appliers who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for the AP EdCET exam.
AP EdCET 2023 Application Form
- First of all, go to the official website of AP EdCET i.e. www.sche.ap.gov.in.
- Participants have to begin the application process by registering themselves online and then filling the form with all the authentic details.
- It is advised to recheck the details twice that candidates have entered, to avoid any mistakes in the registration form.
- Uploading relevant mark sheets/ category certificates/ other documents is also necessary for the application form.
- After filling in all the requisite details in the application form, appliers have to make the payment through internet banking/ credit card/ debit card and submit the online application form.
- The application form may be rejected in cases such as:
- The form is incomplete and the mandatory fields are blank.
- Applier fails to meet the mentioned eligibility conditions.
- False or incorrect information provided by the applicant may lead to the rejection of the application form.
|General/ OBC category||INR 600/-|
|SC/ ST category||INR 400/-|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Total no. of Sections||3|
|Format of Question Paper||Objective type|
|Total no. of Questions||140|
|Language of Exam||English, Telugu and Urdu|
|Name of the Subject||Total Questions||Marks|
|Mathematics, Biological Science, English and Social Studies||100||100|
|Part A General English||25||25|
|Part B General Knowledge||15||15|
AP EdCET 2023 Result
The conducting body will announce the results for the exam in the form of a bank card on their authorized web page. By entering the enrollment number and date of birth to candidates can download their results. It will contain all the mandatory information, for instance, the rank of the applicant and total and subject-wise marks obtained by them in the entrance test.
Those candidates who will qualify for the exam will be eligible to appear for the counseling process. General category participants have to obtain a total of 25% qualifying marks for the EdCET exam. However, there are no qualifying marks for reserved category participants. Once the result announcement process is completed, the AP EdCET officials will begin the counseling process where candidates have to verify their documents and seat allotment will be done. For seat allotment, candidates have to pay the required counseling fee i.e. Rs. 1000/- for general category and Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST category.