National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts an entrance examination called GPAT which stands for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. This test is basically organized for those students who seek admission to the Master’s degree in Pharmacy. However, the test is the Post Graduation level base entrance test, and to pass this, the candidate needs to meet all the requirements. The test will be organized in a Computer-based mode; therefore candidates need not carry stationery along with them. Every student who is going to take up this exam in the year 2023, needs to thoroughly go through the eligibility criteria first. Only such candidates will be allowed to appear in the test that successfully fulfills the eligibility criteria set by the GPAT authorities. For the ease of the applicants, we have mentioned complete information related to GPAT 2023 in the post below.
GPAT 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam
|Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test
|National Testing Agency (NTA)
|Master’s degree in Pharmacy
|Level of examination
|Mode of examination
|Online (CBT mode)
|Frequency of Exam
|Once a year
GPAT 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration starts from
|4th week of December 2022
|Last date of form submission
|Last week of January 2023
|1st week of February 2023
|Release of admit card
|3rd week of February 2023
|Entrance exam date
|Last week of February 2023
|Answer key publish
|3rd week of March 2023
|Result declaration date
|4th week of March 2023
From the below-mentioned points, candidates can confirm their eligibility for GPAT:
- Educational Qualification: Any candidate who holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent from a recognized university is eligible.
- Nationality: Candidates must be the citizen of India in order to apply for GPAT.
- Age: The exam conducting authority has not set any prescribed age limit for GPAT.
- Appearing: Those applicants who are soon going to appear in the final year of their bachelor’s in 2023 can also apply for the examination.
- Note: Candidates who hold a B.Tech. Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology or its equivalent degree are not eligible to apply for GPAT.
GPAT 2023 Application Form
- The Application form will be released through online mode only.
- Only eligible candidates can apply for the examination, therefore candidates must make sure if they meet the eligibility criteria or not.
- The Application Form submission process will tentatively be started from the 4th week of December 2022 and will last till the last week of January 2023.
- Candidates must submit each and every detail in the application form very carefully however authority will provide the correction facility later.
- With the correction facility, candidates can correct their mistakes in the application form or make changes in it.
- It is very important for the candidates to fill the application form before the last date of submission as no application forms will be accepted by the authority further.
- Appliers are told to keep the filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
Applicants can pay the application charges online mode only. They can use modes such as Credit Card /Debit Card (except Visa Card/ Master) / Net-Banking/UPI payment gateways for the payment transactions.
Application form for category wise is given in the table below:
|General/ UR (Male)
|Female/ Transgender/ UR- EWS/ OBC- NCL/ SC/ ST/ PWD
- Examination Mode: The only mode of the exam is online mode i.e. CBT (Computer Based Test).
- Duration: The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- Medium: The medium of the question paper shall be in the English language only.
- Marking Scheme: For every accurate response, candidates will get 4 marks and will lose 1 mark for each wrong answer.
Detailed wise exam pattern for GPAT is here:
|Type of Questions
|No. of Questions
|No. of Marks
The examination commences in the cities of India such as:
GPAT 2023 Counseling
Those applicants who pass GPAT with good scores will be eligible to appear in the GPAT counseling rounds. However, the qualified candidates will be allotted seats as per the score that one acquires. In the counseling and seat allotment round, candidates will be asked to produce their requisite documents for the verification process. After the completion of the counseling round, the candidate can begin to apply for admission to the courses of his/ her choice in any of the universities as well as college.