AP EDCET 2024: Every year, Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam is the education council that is accountable for regulating Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test commonly known as AP EDCET. The main motive behind this examination is to provide admission to candidates in the regular B. Ed program. The Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam directs this entrance exam on the behalf of Andhra State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad. Candidates qualifying the entrance exam will be enrolled to 2 years regular B.Ed. course in the colleges and institutions located in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Therefore, candidates who are interested in getting admission in the two-year B. Ed program in different government and private colleges should register online through the official website of the conducting body. The application form will be made available by the month of July tentatively. It must be clarified that candidates need to submit the application form before the last date, after which no application form will be entertained. More detailed data about AP EDCET 2024 such as Examination Dates, Eligibility Requirements, How to Register, Registration Fee, Exam Pattern and Syllabus, Declaration of Results and more are given in the post below.
AP EDCET 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test (AP EdCET 2024)|
|Name of the Conducting University||Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode|
|Exam Purpose||To grant admission into B.Ed. (Two years) Regular Course in the Colleges located in Andhra Pradesh State|
AP EDCET 2024 Important Dates
|Issue of AP Ed. CET – 2024 notification||Third week of July 2024|
|Commencement of online application||Third week of July 2024|
|Last date for the Submission of online application without late fee||Third week of August 2024|
|Last date for submitting online application with late fee of 1000/-||Fourth week of August 2024|
|Last date for submission of online application with late fee of 2000/-||Last week of August 2024|
|Correction of online application data||First week of September 2024|
|Downloading of admit cards from website||Second week of September 2024|
|Date of entrance test||Fourth week of September 2024|
|Declaration of preliminary key||Last week of September 2024|
|Last date for receiving of objections in prelims key||October 2024|
|Date of announcement of results||Second week of October 2024|
AP EDCET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates who have interest in appearing for AP EDCET 2024 should definitely meet the eligibility requirements as given by the authorities below:
- Nationality: Only a citizen of India can apply for AP EDCET 2024. A candidate should be a local/ permanent residence of the state of Andhra Pradesh and hold a domicile certificate of the same.
- Age Limit Criteria: Candidates who are 19 years of age can apply, whereas there is no upper age limit.
- Academic Qualification: Those candidates who have passed their graduation or in the final year of graduation are eligible provided that they need to possess a minimum of 50% marks in graduation. For the candidates of SC/ ST category, the minimum qualifying marks is 40%.
AP EDCET 2024 Application Form
The AP EDCET application form for the year 2024 will be available in the third week of July 2024 (tentatively). Candidates who are eligible and have interest in the same, they will be able to fill up the application form through online mode by following the steps given below:
- The AP EDCET application form will be available on the official website of the exam holding university.
- First of all, applicants got to visit the main web portal of Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on the behalf of APSCHE.
- After that, make the payment of application fee and check the the status of fee payment.
- Complete the registration by submitting the specified details within the required fields.
- Enter all the specified details within the required field and submit it only after checking the information is correct.
- The generated application form involves registration number together with the details provided. They must get the print out of application form for future use.
To confirm your application, make the payment of application fee through application fee mode – (Online- Debit Card / Credit Card/ Net Banking).
|SC/ ST||INR 400|
The selection process of AP EDCET 2024 will be carried out via following phases:
- On the grounds of merit in the entrance examination.
- Admission into college rely on its affiliation/ recognition by the statutory bodies and option of the institutes exercised by the candidates in counseling.
- Government rules of reservation.
- Admission to 85% of seats are reserved for local candidates and rest 15% of the seats will be left unreserved of specified in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institution order 1974 as revised.
- AP EDCET 2024 Exam will have queries as objective type.
- The test comprises of three sections for this exam.
- Exam mode will be offline (written test).
- Every correct response will get 1 Mark.
- The total number of queries will be 140 in this exam.
- Negative marking is not applicable in AP EDCET Exam.
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Part: A General English||25||25|
|Part: B General Knowledge||15||15|
|Part: C Methodology (Mathematics/ Biological Science/ Social Studies/ English)||100||100|
The AP EDCET Result will be announced on the official website of Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on the behalf of APSCHE and candidates who have participated in the examination, they will occupy their results through university’s official website.
In the second week of October 2024, the result will likely be declared and applicants will appear for the counseling procedure if they secured qualifying marks within the examination. Shortlisted candidates within the merit list will get admission accordingly in the institute.