TS EDCET 2024: TS EDCET (Telangana State Education Common Admission Test) is a state level entrance exam which is conducted on an yearly basis for the candidates who wish to study B.Ed. course in the top institutions of telangana state. The entrance exam of TS EDCET is conducted by Osmania University on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) annually. This entrance test help the interested students to secure admission into B.Ed. programme into the colleges/ universities of telangana state.
Those candidates who are willing to pursue this course must apply for TS EDCET Application form after checking and satisfying the eligibility criteria. The deadline of submitting application will most probably in the last week of July 2024. The authorities of TS EDCET will release the application form along with the official notification. Candidates need to submit the application form within the schedule given in the official notification, after which the applications will not be accepted. The same will be released on the official website too. Therefore, students who are going to appear for TS EDCET 2024 need to check this complete article. Full details are provided in this page.
TS EDCET 2024 Overview
|Name of the examination||Telangana State Education Common Admission Test 2024|
|Conducting body||Osmania University|
|Level of examination||State level|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
TS EDCET 2024 Important Dates
|TS EDCET official notification 2024||Third week of April 2024|
|Online registration starts from||Third week of April 2024|
|Last date of form submission||Last week of July 2024|
|Release of admit card||Second week of August 2024|
|Entrance exam date||Fourth week of August 2024|
|Answer key publish||Last week of August 2024|
|Objections to be raised||Last week of August- first week of September 2024|
|Result declaration date||Second week of September 2024|
TS EDCET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Those who are successful in fulfilling the below provided eligibility requirements can further fill the application form for TS EDCET 2024:
- Only candidates who are Indian Nationals are eligible for TS EDCET Exam.
- Candidates must be a permanent resident of the state of Telangana, consequently he/ she must be a domicile holder.
- Those who have completed 19 years of age as on July 1st, 2024, can appear for the exam.
- Candidates holding any bachelors degree i.e. B.A, BCom, B.Sc., B.Sc. (Home Science), BBM, BBA, BCA or master’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks, are eligible.
- B. Tech or B.E degree holders with specialization in science and mathematics with 55% marks in aggregate.
- Reserved category candidates must have attained 40% marks in the entrance exam.
- Those students who are going to take up for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible for exam.
TS EDCET 2024 Application Form
- In the very first step, candidates need to open the official website of TS EDCET i.e. www.edcet.tsche.ac.in.
- Then, they should begin the application process by registering themselves and then filling up the form with all the required details about the exam taker.
- Candidates are suggested to cross-check the details that candidates have entered in the application form.
- Uploading documents according to the dimensions is also necessary in the application form.
- After filling all the requisite details, candidates should move further to make the payment of application fee through online mode and submit the online application form.
- The form may be rejected in various conditions for instance if the form is incomplete, candidate doesn’t satisfy the eligibility conditions and if the applier has provided false information.
|General/ OBC category||INR 650/-|
|SC/ ST category||INR 450/-|
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Total no. of sections||3|
|Question paper format||Objective type|
|Total no. of Questions||150|
|Language of Exam||English, Telugu and Urdu|
Distribution of marks according to the subjects:
|Name of the Subject||Marks|
|Mathematics, Science and Social||60|
|GK and Educational Issues||20|
TS EDCET Result 2024 will be attainable through online mode by Osmania university. Candidates will be able to download the result in PDF form from the official website which is edcet.tsche.ac.in. To download rank cards candidates should provide their registration number or hall ticket number and date of birth.
TS EDCET 2024 Counselling will begin soon after the declaration of result. TS EDCET 2024 Merit list will be made on the basis of the overall rank and scores secured by the candidates in the entrance exam to release the names of the shortlisted candidates. To complete TS EDCET counselling candidates should register themselves again on the TS EDCET website after which they can participate in the counselling session. After the registration process, web options entry will be started. To complete the option entry process, the applier need to enter their choices of colleges and lock those option accordingly.
Seat allotment round will be held only on the basis of candidate’s preferences made through the web options entry process. In addition to that, all the candidate are accountable to confirm their seat for the verification round by paying the counselling fee of Rs. 800 for general candidates and OBC category candidates and Rs. 500 for the candidates from the SC/ ST reserved category. During the verification round, the applicant is required to report at the allotted centre and verify all the original required documents.
The candidates can choose any one TS EDCET 2024 regional exam centres:
- Hyderabad Central
- Hyderabad South-East
- Hyderabad East
- Hyderabad North
- Hyderabad West