Assam PAT known as Assam Polytechnic Admission Test is an entrance test organized for admission to polytechnic courses. Every year, the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam conducts this exam. Therefore, candidates who want to take admission to polytechnic courses can apply for Assam PAT. By qualifying for this entrance test, candidates will get admission in Engineering and Non- Engineering courses in Assam state. The Assam PAT exam will be conducted in pen and paper mode. For more details about Assam PAT 2023 application form, eligibility criteria, important dates, exam pattern, etc., read the complete article below.
Assam PAT 2023 Overview
|Assam PAT (Polytechnic Admission Test)
|Directorate of Technical Education, (DTE) Assam
|Level of the Exam
Assam PAT 2023 Schedule
|The application process starts from
|3rd week of May 2023
|Last date to apply
|2nd week of June 2023
|Last date to pay the application fee
|3rd week of June 2023
|Entrance Exam date
|To be updated
|To be updated
- Only candidates who hold Indian nationality are eligible to apply.
- They must hold a domicile of Assam state.
- Passing high school from a recognized board of education is mandatory.
- It is compulsory to have Science and Mathematics subjects in the qualifying exam.
- Applicants must have secured at least 40% marks in the qualifying exam (35% in case of SC & 33% for ST category) to be eligible.
Assam PAT 2023 Application form
- Firstly visit the official website of Assam PAT- www.dte.assam.gov.in.
- Secondly, click on the application form link and start filling it.
- Enter all the asked basic details asked in the application form.
- After that, upload your scanned copies of passport size photograph, signature, relevant mark sheets, category certificate, and other essential documents in the form.
- Once all the details are entered, review it carefully and completely and then hit the “Submit” button.
- At last, applicants are required to choose a mode for the application fee payment. Pay the application fee by online/ offline modes. Online mode includes debit card/ credit card/ internet banking and offline fee can be made by the State Bank of India (SBI) through Challan.
- It must be noted that the exam conducting authority will not provide any correction facility to make changes in the application form, so candidates must ensure to submit the form with correct details in one go.
All category applicants have to pay Rs. 500/- as an application fee that is non-refundable/non-transferrable.
- The exam mode will be offline.
- There will be a total of 100 questions in the Assam PAT question paper.
- Each question carries 1 mark and there will be no provision of negative marking for incorrect or unattempted questions.
- The total duration of the exam will be two hours.
Subject- Wise Questions/ Marks Weightage
|No. of questions
|Mathematics and Science
|General knowledge and English
Assam PAT 2023 Result
The result of the exam will be announced few days after the exam is conducted. Those candidates who have appeared in the test can view the result on the official website of the conducting authority i.e. Directorate of Technical Education, Assam. Candidates can check the result online by providing their registration details through the official web portal of DTE, Assam. Conducting authority will release the scorecard that contains information about the marks secured by candidates in the qualifying exam.
Assam PAT 2023 Admission Process
The Directorate of Technical Education, Assam will shortlist the students as per their qualifying marks. The DTE, Assam will be responsible for preparing the merit list and call the selected candidates for counseling. Therefore for the counseling, candidates have to register themselves online on the official website of DTE. Candidates will have to be physically reported at the counseling venue along with their required documents for verification. The officials of DTE, Assam will allot the seats to the candidates on the basis of their rank, reservation and availability of seats.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When will the Assam PAT online application form be released?
Ans. In month of May 2023.
Question: Who conducts the Assam Polytechnic Admission Test?
Ans. Assam Polytechnic Admission Test is organized by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam.
Question: What is the educational qualification required for admission to polytechnic courses for Assam PAT?
Ans. Candidates need to clear high school to be eligible for admission to polytechnic courses in the institute of Assam state.
Question: What is the mode of the Assam Pat Entrance Exam?
Ans. The examination for Assam PAT will be held in offline mode i.e. pen and paper mode.