Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya is an Agricultural University which is based in Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India. The University first came into existence in the year 1987 with an objective of offering agricultural and horticultural courses to eligible students. It offers programs to eligible students who want to study agriculture, horticulture, and agricultural engineering. IGKV Admission 2023 Application Form will soon be out for PG & Ph.D. CET on the official web page of IGKV. In this university, candidates get a wide-ranging specialisms in undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. courses in the field of Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Horticulture.
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya will soon initiate the registration process for session 2023-24. It promotes education at UG, PG & Doctoral level. Candidates who are interested in getting admission in this university must note that the admission is generally granted on the basis of several entrance tests like GPAT & more. Aspirants will also get a major programs in fields like agriculture. The university will also commence admission session for BTech, BSc, MSc, and PhD degree courses in 2023 very soon. Applicants who are seeking admission in the same university can visit the official IGKV online portal and fill up the form. The minimum qualification required to appear in the entrance examinations is 10+2, Undergraduate and Postgraduate and PhD. Get more information about IGKV Admission 2023 such as examination schedule, eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, documents required, results, etc. from this page.
IGKV Admission 2023 Overview
|Name of the University||IGKV|
|Full form||Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Exam mode||Offline (PPT)|
IGKV Admission 2023 Important Dates
|IGKVV PG CET Registration 2023 begins from||Fourth week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit the application||First week of May 2023|
|Admit Card Availability||Fourth week of May 2023|
|PG-CET 2023 Exam Date||Second week of June 2023|
|Result Declaration||Last week of June 2023|
|Counselling Registration||July 2023|
Candidates who wish to get admission in Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya in Undergraduate courses will have to undergo an entrance test. Candidates must follow the below specified courses and eligibility criteria for their application process:
- B.Sc: In B.Sc., there will be two specialisations, Agriculture and Horticulture which is of 4 years duration. The candidates should have completed their 12th grade in concerned subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC category must have acquired 45% marks to be eligible.
- B.Tech: B.Tech takes 4 years to complete the whole course. You can get admission after completing the 12th standard with a minimum of 50% marks.
Applicants must apply for UG/ PG Admission before the last date on www.igkv.ac.in. Candidates of postgraduate level will also have to appear for a PG CET for IGKV admission. The University will hold the postgraduate entrance test in Second week of June 2023. The eligibility criteria for Postgraduate courses are given below:
- M.Sc: Eligible candidates can get admission in Master of Science programs for IGKV Admission. There are specializations such as Genetics, Agronomy and Forestry for MSc programs. Students must earn a degree of BSc (Agriculture/ Hort.) with 60% aggregate marks.
- M.Tech: Faculty of Agricultural Engineering also offer MTech courses with many specializations at IGKV. The BTech degree course is a four years duration course and 60% marks is mandatory to get admission in the same.
- MBA: Students who have any three-year degree programs are eligible to get admission in MBA program at IGKV.
- The university also provide PhD programs to the eligible candidates in various disciplines. There are many PhD programs in Agriculture, Dairy Technology, etc. In order to be eligible for PhD programs, candidate should possess a master’s degree or higher in the concerned and requisite subjects.
IGKV Application Form Process
Candidates will get the facility to apply at IGKV University for Admission 2023 in both online and offline mode. The basic application procedure for the same is given below:
- Candidates will have to go to the official website of the IGKV Admission- www.igkv.ac.in.
- Now on the homepage, candidates need to click on the registration option.
- The candidate will have to provide their valid email id along with the password.
- Log in and start filling up the application form with all the correct details of candidate’s personal, educational, communicational, etc. information.
- Along with the required information upload all the necessary documents as per the specifications.
- Students must make the payment of the requisite application fees online and submit the form and take out its print for additional uses.
Documents Required for IGKV Admission
- Marks sheet and certificate of 12th
- Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Scanned documents like signatures and fingerprints.
- Proof of date of birth
- Migration certificate
- Leaving certificate
- Recent character certificate
The IGKV CET exam is going to be held through offline mode (pen paper-based test). The paper will be having a total number of 200 MCQ questions which needs to be solved in a span of 120 minutes (2 hours). The aspirants should be prepared for the questions from their undergraduate syllabus.
The outcome of IGKV University is going to be access on the scheduled date and time. The result will be published by the official authorities on the official web portal of IGKV. The result will be released in the form of a merit list in a pdf format. The merit list involves the rank of contenders in the examination.