B.Com Admission 2023: Bachelor of Commerce is termed as one of the most professional degrees to be pursued after 12th. Students of commerce stream usually opt for B.Com course after 12th. However, some universities provide admission to candidates from any stream for the B.Com course. Moreover, many universities have now started commencing entrance tests for admission to this course.
Meanwhile, a few universities offer admission on a merit basis in class 12th. Universities such as Delhi University provide admission based on the marks scored by the students in class 12th. Students need to clear the cut-off released by the university. And several colleges in Uttar Pradesh and other states conduct entrance test.
B.Com degree is a 3-year undergraduate degree that trains students in various trades such as Accounting, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Business Management, Human resources, etc. The fee of a B.Com course varies according to the universities/ colleges. Through this article, candidates can check the eligibility criteria, important dates, scope, etc. Read the full piece of the article below.
B.Com Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Exam Name||Registration Date||Exam Date (Tentative)|
|lPU CET 2023||March 2023||April 2023|
|CUET 2023||March 2023||June 2023|
|NPAT 2023||February 2023||June 2023|
|BHU UET 2023||March 2023||May 2023|
|DSAT 2023||February 2023||May 2023|
B.Com Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It must be noted that different colleges/ universities have different eligibility requirements. However, we have listed some of the common eligibility criteria below:
- Candidates must have completed class 12th or equivalent from a recognized board.
- The minimum required percentage for admission to the B.Com course varies from university to university.
- Generally, Delhi University releases a cutoff for BCom admission in which can go as high as 99 %, however for some colleges it can be 45%. Reserved categories are provided with certain relaxations in percentage.
- Candidates of any stream can apply for the B.Com. But, candidates with Commerce stream will be given the first preference over students with other streams.
- Some colleges conduct entrance examinations for admissions to B.Com courses. However, some students get admission in B.Com on the basis of their marks in the intermediate level.
B.Com Admission Process
Through Direct Admission
- By Direct Admission, candidates are selected for the B.Com course on the basis of their percentage and marks in class 12th.
- Candidates can directly register on the official website of any university for admission.
- Once class 12th results are out, different universities release their own cut-offs on their official website.
- If the candidates have scored equal to or more than the cut-off marks in 12th then he/ she will be provided admission successfully.
- However, if the candidate fails to meet the cut-off, then his/ her admission will be canceled.
Through Entrance Exams
- Candidates have to apply online on the website of the University for participating in the entrance exam.
- Candidates will have to clear the entrance exam which will be conducted by the respective university.
- The university will release the admit card for the students who have applied online for the entrance examination.
- Eligible candidates who will clear the entrance test will be provided admission to the B.Com course.
- On the other hand, there will be no other way to selection of the candidates who fail to qualify for the entrance test.
- The relevant university will release the merit list/ results on their official website. Therefore candidates can check their qualifying status from there.
B.Com Application Process
- Candidates can get the application forms on the official website of the specific university they are applying at.
- Ensure to submit the registration forms before the deadline of submission.
- Applicants need to log in with the login credentials.
- Candidates have to enter their personal, academic details, correspondence address, etc. in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of signature, passport size photograph, and other compulsory documents such as mark sheets, category, character certificates, etc.
- After that pay the requisite application fee by available payment modes whether online/ offline.
- For entrance-based admission: Applicants need to keep tracking the official website of the university to they have applied at. Students can download the admit card 15 days before the commencement of the exam. Candidates have to wait for the release of the result for further processing.
There are a large number of career opportunities after pursuing commerce. With good basic pay and great job positions, candidates can secure jobs in various fields such as:
- Working Capital Management
- Policy Planning Bodies
- Public Accounting Firms
- Treasury and Forex Departments
- Business Consultancies
- Foreign Trade Centres
- Investment Banking Sectors
- Marketing Companies
- Merchant Banking Centres
- Public Accounting Firms
- Budget Planning Bodies
- Educational Institutes and Industrial Houses
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the academic qualification required for B.Com?
Ans. Candidates should pass 12th in any stream to be eligible for the admission to B.Com course.
Question: What is the date of online registration?
Ans. The registration dates are different for every college. You can check the dates on the respective college’s website.
Question: What is the general admission process for B.Com Admission 2023?
Ans. Some universities conduct entrance tests for admission to B.Com courses. On the other hand, there are several colleges that offer admission on direct merit basis.
Question: Can a student with an Arts stream apply for admission to a B.Com course?
Ans. Yes, any student with Science/ Commerce/ Arts stream can apply for admission to the B.Com course. However, the university will give first preference to the candidates with a commerce stream.