B.Sc Agriculture Admission 2023: B.Sc Agriculture (Bachelor of Science in Agriculture) is basically an Agriculture Science and Technology course offered at undergraduate level. The course is designed to study agriculture sciences and in poultry management, soil science, basics of biotechnology, agriculture, water resource management, and land surveying use of modern scientific equipment and methods. B.Sc Agriculture Syllabus comprises of subjects such as Plant Biochemistry, Agronomy, Study of crops and pests, Water Management Engineering, amongst many others. The duration of this course is 4 years. During the course, the students learn on a credit basis offered by different departments (practical and theoretical).
The B.SC Agriculture graduates can find opportunities in both the government and private sectors. It is a professional degree with an increasing job prospectus. Agriculture education is developing day by day. B.Sc Agriculture graduates can find good opportunities such as fisheries, poultry farming, plantations, cattle rearing, farming, etc. If you are interested in pursuing B.Sc Agriculture then you must check out this post.
Subjects offered in B.Sc Agriculture
- Plant Genetics
- Soil Science
- Agricultural Economics
- Agriculture Engineering
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Plant Pathology
- Agricultural Extension
- Computer Education
- Physical Education
- Animal Products
All State Level Agriculture Entrance Exams 2023
|Indira Gandhi Agricultural University (IGKV)
CET CG Pre Agriculture Test (PAT)
|MCAER Common Entrance Test (CET)
|PAU Entrance Exam
Rajasthan PhD Admission
University Level Agricultural Entrance Exams 2023
LPU NEST (National Entrance and Scholarship Test)
Every year, Lovely Professional University directs an entrance exam namely LPU NEST that acts as an entry gateway into B.Sc agriculture programme offered at this university. The applicants who are able to satisfy the eligibility criteria for this exam can submit their application form through university’s website. The test is commenced via Computer Based Test mode only.
AMU Entrance Test
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is another well renowned university that conducts departmental tests in order to provide the candidates admissions into its B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture and M.Sc Agriculture courses. The applicants can fill out the application form for these tests on the basis of their eligibility in online mode till the month of March (expectedly).
University of Allahabad Agriculture Admission
The University of Allahabad (UOA) grants admissions to the candidates into the M.Sc (Agriculture) and D.Phil (Agriculture) courses based on the CRET and PGAT respectively. Candidates who desire to pursue their master and doctorate degree from this constituent agricultural university can apply for the exam through its website.
Top Indian Colleges Offering B.Sc Agriculture 2023
- ANGRAU (Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University), Hyderabad
- TNAU (Tamil Nadu Agricultural University), Coimbatore
- GBPUAT 2023 – G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology Admission
- PAU (Punjab Agricultural University), Ludhiana
- LPU (Lovely Professional University), Jalandhar
- SOA (Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University), Bhubaneshwar
- IARI (Indian Agricultural Research Institute), Delhi
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Haryana
- UAS (University of Agricultural Sciences), Bangalore
- AMU (Aligarh Muslim University), Aligarh
- VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology), Vellore
Eligibility criteria for B.Sc Agriculture varies from college to college. However, the basic eligibility criteria to apply for B.Sc Agriculture admission is laid down below:
- Candidates need to clear class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics as compulsory subjects or Agriculture subjects.
- The candidates appearing in class 12th board exam (who will clear the 12th exam in 2023) are also eligible to apply for B.Sc Nursing Agriculture admission 2023.
- Any other specific eligibility criteria may also be set up by the individual Universities (details of the same can be checked through the official website of a particular university).
Note: The exact details of B.Sc Agriculture Admission 2023 eligibility criteria can be gathered through the particular authorized website of the university/ institute conducting that exam. Hence, the candidates are recommended to visit the official website of the university/ institute to get detailed information regarding B.Sc Agriculture Eligibility Criteria 2023.
B.Sc Agriculture Admission 2023 Application Process
- Appliers can only apply for the B.Sc Agriculture admission 2023 by visiting the official website of the concerned universities/ institutes you are applying for.
- Some B.Sc Nursing colleges also releases their application forms through offline mode, so candidates have to visit the premises to get the application form in person.
- Appliers will have to fill up the application form by providing the details about the applicant as required by the respective institutes/universities. Meanwhile, they will also be asked to upload documents regarding their mark sheet, photograph, etc.
- The duly filled-in application forms should be submitted along with the specified application charges on or before the last date of form and fee submission.
- The applications will not be accepted after the due date.
B. Sc. Agriculture Admission 2023 Job Scope
B.Sc Agriculture degree holders can secure job in both the public and private sectors as the degree is considered a professional degree. There is increasing job scope in the field of agriculture, therefore the importance of agriculture education is increasing day by day. There are various specializations where a graduate can find jobs for instance fisheries, cattle rearing, mining, plantations, farming, poultry farming etc.
Employment Areas in B.Sc Agriculture
- Food Processing Companies
- Dairy Farms
- Fertilizers Companies
- FMCG Companies
- Colleges & Universities
- Agriculture Sector
Various Job Types
- Research/Fundamental Analyst
- Farming Consultant/Agronomist
- Agricultural Lecturer
- Actuarial Analyst
- Agriculture Portfolio Manager
- Program Manager
- Agriculture Officer