MPSC 2024: The MPSC (Maharashtra Public Service Commission) exam is on of the major civil services examinations which is conducted every year in India. The commission was set up under the constitution of India, which is responsible to elect candidates for governmental duties and jobs in the Maharashtra state. The authority selects qualified applicants for appointments in their varied departments or divisions for instance Engineering, Forest, Administration, Police, etc. In order to recruit the applicants to fill up various vacant posts in the state government departments, Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) will release the official notification for State Service Examination and Forest State Services Exam on their official website. Graduates from any stream, can apply for this examination online.
This is a great opportunity for the govt job aspirants by Maharashtra government. The commission offers the most sought after jobs in Maharashtra, so every candidate must avail this opportunity. Candidates will be able to check a total number of vacancies for various administrative and Group A & B posts in the official notification which will be released by the commission on their official website.
MPSC 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Commission||Maharashtra Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||MPSC Technical Service Joint Exam 2024|
|Total Vacancies||Announced Shortly|
|Job Category||Govt Jobs|
|Online Registration||October 2023|
|Selection Process||Written Test|
|Job Location||Maharashtra state|
MPSC 2024 Important Dates
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification Released Date||October 2024|
|Application Form available||October 2024|
|Last date for the submission of the application form||October 2024|
|Last date to submit the Application fee||November 2024|
|Admit card issue date||December 2024|
|Prelims exam date||January 2025|
|Prelims Result announced||Updating Soon|
|Main Admit card||Updating Soon|
|Exam Date (Main Exam)||May 2025|
|Main exam result||Updating Soon|
Candidates must confirm the below mentioned eligibility criteria before applying for it:
- Only an India Citizen is eligible for MPSC .
- The permanent residents of Maharashtra state for more than 10 years are eligible to avail reservation.
The lower and upper age limit is 19 years and 38 years respectively for the candidates of General category. Age relaxation would be applicable for the candidates belonging to reserved categories according to government norms. The reservation is given below:
- OBC: 3 Years
- SC/ ST: 5 Years
- PwD: 45 Years
- Entrants should possess a Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institution/ university of education.
- Candidates holding a diploma of a minimum of 3 years duration in any stream are eligible for MPSC too.
MPSC 2024 Application Form
The online registration for MPSC Exam 2024 will likely begin in the month of October 2024 on its official website www.mpsc.gov.in. The candidates interested in participating in MPSC Exam 2024 can apply by following steps given below:
- Open the authorized website of Maharashtra Public Service Commission @mpsc.gov.in and search the application form link.
- Register yourself if you are a new user by providing all the correct information about yourself.
- The information will be related to your personal details, academic background, communication info and more.
- Upload requisite certificates documents including relevant mark sheets, etc.
- Make the payment of the application fee as per your category only.
- Submit the application form before the deadline and keep its print copy secure till further use.
The applicants have to pay a nominal amount of application fees through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net banking/ SBI Collect/ E Challan according to the category which is given in the table hereby:
|General category candidates||Rs. 394/-|
|Reserved category candidates||Rs. 297/-|
Prelims Exam Pattern:
- Prelims will be objective type of paper (MCQ) in nature.
- Each paper holds total marks of 200.
- The duration of each paper is 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
- The paper will be set in both English as well as Marathi language.
- There will be a deduction of 1/3rd mark for each wrong answer.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Studies (GS) paper 1||100 (approx.)||200 marks||2 Hours|
|Civil Services Aptitude Test paper (CSAT)||80 (approx.)||200 marks||2 Hours|
Mains Exam Pattern:
- The Mains exam comprises of 6 papers.
- Total marks for mains exam – 800 marks.
- There will be two descriptive type of papers – Marathi and English.
- The remaining four papers will be of General studies papers and they will have multiple-choice questions (MCQ).
- All papers are mandatory, and marks attained in all papers will be considered for the final evaluation of marks.
- General studies papers will have negative marking.
|Subject Name||Maximum Marks||Test Type||Duration|
|General Marathi Language||100 marks||Descriptive||3 hours|
|General English Language||100 marks||Objective||1 hour|
|General Studies Paper-I||150 marks||Objective||2 hours|
|General Studies Paper-II||150 marks||Objective||2 hours|
|General Studies Paper-III||150 marks||Objective||2 hours|
|General Studies Paper-IV||150 marks||Objective||2 hours|
Candidates who will qualify the Mains Exam will be eligible to go for personal interview round. The interview round will carry a total of 100 marks. The interview round will be conducted on current topics of interest and other general topics for instance human rights, international events, youth welfare, women and child development, governance and political scenario, consumer protection, etc.
The result will be announced on the official website of the exam conducting department. Participants will be able to acquire the result of the examination in two parts. The authority will issue the result of the prelims, mains exam and interview separately online on the official website.