BFA Admission 2023: In India, admission to BFA Course is mostly done on the basis of merit i.e. candidate’s scores in 10+2. However, there are some of the top BFA colleges in India that grant admission on the basis of various entrance exams such as BHU UET, UPSEE, DUET, etc. These entrance exams are basically conducted at the state or university level. In order to confirm the admission, shortlisted candidates need to pay the admission fees as required. Through the BFA course, students learn to value and create visual works of art.
By enrolling in the BFA program, you will learn the creation of visual artworks like theatre, dance, photography, architecture, painting, and sculpture. Both BFA and BVA are the same. In the initial years of the course, topics such as figure drawing, watercolor, art history, portraiture, etc. are covered. Admission to many top BFA colleges is mostly commenced in April and May every year. Therefore, candidates need to apply for the entrance exam before the last date in their desired institution. Top colleges like Amity University, LPU, Delhi University, Osmania University, etc. grant admission in BFA through merit or entrance-based.
BFA Admission 2023 Overview
|Course||BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts)|
|Duration of the course||4 years|
|Course mode||Part-time as well as a full time|
|Average tuition fee||2 lakh to 6 lakh|
|Career scope||Illustrator, User Experience Designer, Concept Artist, Storyboard Artist, Digital Designer, Interactive Media Designer, Brand Identity Designer, Digital Strategist, Brand Planner, Director/ Supervisor, Art Director, Ideator, Visualizer|
BFA Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Name of the Colleges||Admission Process||Application Dates (Tentative)|
|Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University||Entrance Based||1st week of October 2022|
|Kamla Nehru College for Women||Merit Based||June 2023|
|University of Delhi||Merit Based||August 2023|
|University of Lucknow||Entrance Based||June 2023|
|Osmania University||Merit Based||Announced soon|
|Jamia Millia Islamia University||Entrance Based||June 2022|
|Mumbai University||Entrance Based||June 2023|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University||Merit Based||Announced soon|
|Amity University||Entrance Based||May 2023|
|Sir JJ School of Art||Entrance Based||March 2023|
Entrance Exam Schedule
|Entrance Exams||Registration Dates (Tentative)||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|DTE KERALA BFA Entrance Exam||Announced soon||Announced soon|
|BHU BFA Entrance Exam||August- September 2023||June- July 2023|
|Delhi University entrance exam||August 2023||September 2023|
|ITM NEST 2023||April 2023||May 2023|
|UPSEE 2023||Last week of May 2023||Last week of June 2023|
- Chhatrapati Sahuji Maharaj University
- Kamla Nehru College for Women
- University of Delhi
- University of Lucknow
- Osmania University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Mumbai University
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Amity University
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Applied Arts, Painting, Sculpture, Animation): Candidate should have cleared intermediate/ 12th or its equivalent from a recognized educational board.
- Bachelor of Design (Interior Design): Candidate should possess 12th or Diploma in Civil/ Architecture or its equivalent qualification.
BFA Admission Process
- The candidate should have qualified for the minimum requirement for the course.
- Applicant must have scored at least 45% in 12th in order to apply for the BFA course.
- He/ she must satisfy the required age criteria. Then only he/she can appear for the entrance exam.
- Firstly, candidates have to apply online for the BFA in colleges offering the course and hence will have to take part in the entrance exam conducted by the respective authority.
- After the completion of the entrance test, they must wait for the announcement of the merit results. The selection process will only be carried out based on the entrance ranks of the candidate.
- Shortlisted contenders will be called by the respective colleges for Interviews.
- After the successful completion of the Interview, the final list of selected candidates will be released online.
- After getting qualified overall in the entrance test and interview, pay the admission fee as mentioned by the college and your admission will be finalized.
An applicant should go through the steps mentioned below to apply for BFA.
- Candidates can apply online at the official web portal of the respective university/ college.
- Candidates will have to provide information like their full name, nationality, email address, date of birth, mobile number and postal address, domicile, gender, marks, degree, specialization, etc.
- Provide the relevant documents i.e. Higher Secondary School certificate, 12th level or equivalent exam, etc.
- Candidates should fill in because some universities do not provide correction facilities.
- Candidates will need to pay the application fees as required in the form and get multiple printed copies of the confirmation page to keep it secure till the admission procedure.
- Prepare hard for the exam, score good marks, and wait for the results and merit list.
- The selection will solely be done on the basis of ranks obtained by the applicant in the entrance exam.
- Thereafter, candidates who qualify for the entrance exam will be invited to appear for an interview.
- After passing the final results, the final admission will be granted to the candidate.
Entrance Exam Pattern
The entrance exam will include all the objective-type questions (multiple choice). Questions can range from 100 to 200 and need to be completed in 2 hours. BFA Test paper generally holds two sections. One section includes objective-type questions while the other sections test the drawing skills and vision of the candidate.