BITSAT 2024: Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test or BITSAT is an national level entrance test organized each year by BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science), Pilani. It is one of the most popular university-level tests for admission into various first-year integrated programs. Its campuses are located in Hyderabad, Goa and Dubai. BITSAT Exam is held for a duration of 3 hours. A total of 150 objective type MCQs are asked in the paper.
Candidates have to qualify this entrance test for admission to BITS. Candidates will be assessed on the basis of their knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/ Biology, and Logical Reasoning and English Proficiency at 11th and 12th level. Meanwhile, we also suggest the aspirants to download BITSAT 2024 Practice/ Sample papers to prepare for the upcoming examination. Candidates qualifying BITSAT will be enrolled in B.E., B.Pharm, M.Sc, and other courses offered at any of one BITS campuses. As per the data found, ever year around 3 Lakh candidates appear for BITSAT.
So if you are the one who is aspiring to take admission in Birla Institute of Technology and Science, then you should have a look at this article. Since we have provided all the important information regarding BITSAT 2024, it will be easier for the aspirants to prepare for this entrance examination.
BITSAT 2024 Highlights
|Examination||BITS Aptitude Test 2024|
|Commonly known as||BITSAT|
|Exam type||National level exam|
|Conducting Authority||Birla Institute of Science (BITS), Pilani|
|Course offered||Integrated first-degree programs|
|Date of examination||First week of July 2024 (Session 1) and First week of August 2024 (Session 2)|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Official BITSAT website||www.bitsadmission.com|
BITSAT 2024 Important Dates
|Official Notification Release Date||Second week of March 2024|
|Registration Start Date||Second week of March 2024|
|Registration Last Date||Second week of June 2024|
|Form Correction||Second week of June 2024|
|Аllоtment оf Exаm Сentre||Second week of June 2024|
|Slоt Bоking Рrосess||Third week of June 2024|
|Аdmit Саrd||Last week of June 2024|
|Exаm Date (Session 1)||First week of July to Second week of July 2024|
|Application window for Session 2||First week of July to Fourth week of July 2024|
|Allotment of test center allotment||Fourth week of July 2024|
|Slot Booking for Session 2||Last week of July 2024|
|Admit Card (Session 2)||Last week of July 2024|
|Exam Date (for Session 2)||First week of August 2024|
|Applying for Admission with 12th marks and preferences||Third week of July 15 to last week of August 2024|
|Editing of preferences||First week of September 2024|
For BITSAT 2024 Exam:
- Qualification: Candidates who have passed 12th examination in 10+2 pattern in 2022 or appearing in the 2024 from any recognized board of education are eligible.
- Subject: Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the qualifying examination i.e. 12th and PCB for B.Pharm programme. However, candidates with PCM stream are also eligible to apply for pharmacy programs.
- Subjects for Other: Entrants must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematic (PCM) in the qualifying examination i.e. 12th standard.
- Marks: It is mandatory for the applicants to have scored at least 75% marks and 60% marks individually in the PCM/ PCB subject in the qualifying examination.
For Direct Admission:
- Qualification: Those applicants who have scored a top rank in the State or Central board examination will get direct admission in Birla Institute of Technology and Science.
BITSAT 2024 Application Form
- Candidates can get the BITSAT 2024 application form only through the online mode just by logging to the official website of Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)- www.bitsadmission.com.
- No multiple applications are acceptable and no offline forms will be released.
- Entrants will have to fill only the authentic details in the application form.
- They must upload their documents like scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- They will be able to make correction in the application form within the correction window.
- Applicants need not to send the printed copy of the duly filled application form to the office of the conducting authority i.e. BITS, Pilani. However, candidates can keep a hard copy of the duly filled application form or confirmation page with them for future use.
Entrants will have to pay the application fee only through online mode. For the application fee transaction, candidates can use Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking Payment Gateways.
|For Female Candidate||2900/-|
|For Male Candidate||3400/-|
|For Applicants applying from Dubai||7000/-|
- Exam Mode: Computer Based Online test.
- No. of questions: 130 questions.
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Medium: English language only.
- Parts: 4 parts.
- Time Duration: Total 3 hours
- Marking scheme: +3 marks for correct answer and -1 marks on every wrong response. No marks will be awarded for questions that are not attempted.
|Section||Subject||No. of questions|
|Section 3||English proficiency
|Section 4||Mathematics/ Biological||45|
The BITSAT 2024 result of the participants will be only be accessible through online mode after few days from the completion of examination. Candidates can simply download their result by login into the website of authority i.e. www.bitsadmission.com.
BITS, Pilani will disclose the BITSAT 2024 Outcome for every candidate who participated in the exam individually through their official website. We advise the participants to stay in touch with the official website of BITS, Pilani for all the important dates and keep their result secure till the admission process and document verification.