University of Calcutta invites applications for admission in B.Ed Programme offered by the institutions affiliated to Calcutta University. Candidates who are seeking admission in this university and are eligible can apply for Calcutta University B.Ed 2023 by filling the online application form on its official website. The form are expected to be out in 2nd week of June 2023. Before proceeding to the application form filling part, applicants must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility norms set by the officials of the University. Candidates who are not eligible won’t be considered for admission in Calcutta University. Candidates will be shortlisted on the premises of scores obtained by them in the qualifying examination i.e. the highest qualification possessed by them.
The university will release online application forms for applicable and worthy candidates. Soon after the closure of the application form, the merit list will be released on the official website of the Calcutta University. Aspirants should fill up the application form, pay the requisite application fees and send the hardcopy of the application form together with relevant documents to the university.
Calcutta University B.Ed 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam
|Calcutta University B.Ed 2023
|Calcutta University Bachelor of Education
|Type of Exam
|Level of Exam
Calcutta University B.Ed 2023 Important Dates
|Availability of online application form
|2nd week of June 2023
|Last date for the submission of the application form
|3rd week of June 2023
|Last date of E-Receipt of fee payment
|3rd week of June 2023
|Display of provisional merit list
|4th week of June 2023
|Submission of copy of the application form with E-receipt at Alipore campus, Calcutta University
|Last week of June 2023
|Commencement of counselling and spot admission
|1st week of July 2023
- Age limit: The age of the candidates must not be more than 40 years as on 30th June 2023. There is no age limit for the deputed candidates. Candidates belonging to reserved category can claim 5 years of age relaxation according to the rules and regulations of government.
- Educational Qualification: Aspirants should bachelor’s degree/master’s degree in any discipline or its equivalent qualification from a recognized UGC or equivalent affiliated university. They must have at least 50% marks in the relevant degree. OR
- A BE/ B.Tech candidates with specialization in mathematics and science are also eligible to apply for admission in B.Ed programme provided that they have secured minimum 55% aggregate marks.
Calcutta University B.Ed 2023 Application Form
- Appliers can only access the application form through online mode via the official website only i.e. www.caluniv-ucsta.net.
- Pleas note that no hard copy of the application form will be issued to the applicants.
- The candidate are required to register on the website first and then fill up the application form.
- After that, participants will also have to pay the application fees to complete the rest of the application process.
- Both freshers and deputed applicants will also submit a hard copy of the application form along with all the necessary documents.
Candidates shall make the payment of the application fees through the online state only through Billdesk Payment Gateway. To pay the application fee, just log in with your the saved credentials after submitting your form. General category candidates have to pay Rs. 300/- and SC / ST / PWD have to pay Rs. 150/- as the application fee. Application fee methods are given below for the reference of candidates:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Internet Banking
Result and Selection
- Authority of Calcutta University will make the result available at the official website of the Calcutta University only. Those who participated in the examination can check their outcome of the examination on the official website of the University i.e. caluniv.ac.in.
- The authority will prepare a merit list to choose the candidates for admission in B.Ed programme in the University.
- Merit list will be set strictly as per the educational records of the candidates.
- Candidates with higher education will receive more weightage.
- Candidates who are selected as per the merit list will get invitation to take part in the counselling where a seat will be allotted to them as per the subject chosen by them during the counselling.
Documents to be submitted for B.Ed Admission
Contenders need to submit a few documents alongside the printed copy of the application form. These include:
- Acknowledgment Slip
- A downloaded copy of e-receipt from ‘Payment History’ through Help Desk.
- Self Attested original copies of marks-sheets of all the examinations taken by the students ( 10th Standard onwards.)
- Proof of Date of Birth Certificate.
- SC/ ST / PWD Certificate (if applicable).
- Deputed teachers need to submit with the application form
- Approval letter of concerned District Superintendent of School
- Appointment letter
- Joining letter in school
- Managing Committee Resolution copy approved by the D.I.
- Released order from school duly signed by the Administrator/ Secretary/ Head Master needs to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Deputed teachers will collect their deputation allowances from their respective institutions.
- A printed copy of the duly filled and signed application form.