CLAT 2024: Common Law Entrance Test (CLAT) is organized for the candidates who wish to get admission in Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) law courses offered at 22 National Law Universities (NLU’s) and other private law colleges/ institutes accepting Law scores. A consortium of National Law Universities conducts CLAT including representative universities. Every year, a lakh of aspirants appear in CLAT Exam. This exam is organized with the purpose of providing opportunities to those who wish to take admissions to Law Schools & Colleges across the nation. Besides NLU, there are 50 plus private universities and institutions that accept admission on the basis of CLAT Scores. For law programs, the application forms will likely be released in the first week of January 2024.
Courses offered through CLAT
The National Law Universities (NLUs) in India (except for the NLU Delhi) and other top law colleges grants admissions to the candidates to five-year integrated LLB and LLM courses on the basis of CLAT scores. The programs offered are:
- BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts LLB)
- BSc LLB (Bachelor of Science LLB)
- BCom LLB (Bachelor of Commerce LLB)
- BBA LLB (Bachelor of Business Administration LLB)
- BSW LLB (Bachelor of Social Work LLB)
- LLM (Master of Laws)
CLAT 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||Common Law Admission Test|
|CLAT Exam Conducting Body||A consortium of National Law Universities|
|CLAT Exam Level||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|CLAT Exam Frequency||Two times a year|
|CLAT Exam Mode||Online|
|CLAT Exam Duration||120 Minutes|
|Number of Questions||UG: 150 questions and PG: 100 questions|
|Marking||deduction of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer|
|CLAT Exam Language||English language|
|CLAT Exam Purpose||Admissions to BA LLB, BBA LLB, BSW LLB, BSc LLB, BCom LLB, and LLM courses|
CLAT 2024 Important Dates
|Release of Online Application Form||1st week of January 2024|
|Last date of Application Date||2nd week of May 2024|
|Withdrawal of Application||Disclosed Soon|
|CLAT Admit Card Release Date||May 2024|
|Exam Date||3rd week of June 2024|
|Answer Key Release Date||June 2024|
|Counseling Sessions||June/ July 2024|
UG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Aspirants need to clear the 12th board examination from any recognized university or board.
- Percentage: Candidates belonging to the General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI category should have secured 45% marks in the qualifying exam & SC/ ST category candidates must obtain 40% marks in order to be eligible.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply for UG Law Programme. In such conditions, candidates also have to show evidence of their clearing the qualifying examination.
PG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Candidates passing LLB or any other qualifying examination can apply for the examination.
- Percentage: General category and Reserved category candidates should achieve a minimum of 50% marks and 45% marks respectively in order to be eligible for the examination.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply for PG Law Programme. In such conditions, candidates also have to show evidence of their clearing the qualifying examination.
CLAT 2024 Application Form
- The application form will likely be available from the first week of January 2024.
- Candidates will be able to fill up the application form only through the online mode by visiting the official website i.e. www.consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
- During the time of registration, candidates must enter their working/ valid email ID & phone number in the application form.
- While filling up the application form, aspirants will have to upload their scanned images of passport size photograph, signature & category certificate (if necessary) in the specified format and size.
- Candidates will also be able to make updation in test center preferences within the prescribed time limit.
- They will also get a correction facility to make the necessary changes in the application form.
- After filling up the application form, aspirants are urged to get the printout of the duly filled application form.
- Candidates of the General/ OBC/ PWD category will have to pay the application fees of Rs. 4000/-
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST & BPL Category will have to pay the application fees of Rs. 3500.
- The payment of the application fee can be made via online mode (Debit/credit card or Net Banking).
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized via offline method i.e. (Pen-paper based).
- Time Duration: A total of 2 hours will be allotted to the candidates to complete the exam.
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & subjective type questions will be asked in CLAT.
- No. of Questions: There will be a total of 150 questions in UG & 120 questions in the PG exam.
- Medium Language: Questions will be provided in the English language.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carries 1 mark. For each wrong response, there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks.
CLAT 2024 Results
The exam conducting authority i.e. Consortium of National Law Universities will disclose the results on their official website. Candidates will be able to acquire their results by providing their names & roll numbers. It will likely be declared in the month of June 2024.
The result will hold all the important details regarding the exam such as the candidate’s name, roll number, marks obtained in each subject, total marks, percentage, & the status of the result (pass or fail).