The entrance examination for CMI (Chennai Mathematical Institute) will be conducted soon by the official authorities. Via this entrance exam, eligible candidates are offered admissions into various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs. For overall information regarding CMI Entrance Exam 2023 such as important schedule, eligibility criteria, the application process, examination pattern, result, etc. scroll down the whole article.
CMI Entrance Exam 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||CMI Entrance Exam|
|Full form||Chennai Mathematical Institute Entrance Exam 2023|
|Organizing department||Chennai Mathematical Institute|
|Admission to||Undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs|
|Exam date||To be announced|
CMI Entrance Exam 2023 Important Dates
|The online application process begins from||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date to apply||2nd week of June 2023|
|Admit card release date||To be Announced|
|Exam date||To be Announced|
|Result declaration||To be Announced|
|Offer letter to the nominated candidates||To be Announced|
Candidates will get admission to the below-mentioned programs at CMI:
- 3 years B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science.
- 3 years B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics.
- M.Sc(Computer Science)
- M.Sc(Data Science)
- Ph.D(Computer Science)
- Ph.D. in Physics.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: Candidates should have passed the 12th standard from a recognized educational board.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: Applicants must have cleared 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Candidate who holds an undergraduate degree in BA, BSc, BE, or BTech with good skills in mathematics.
- M.Sc-Computer Science: An undergraduate degree of BA, BSc, BE, or BTech with good skills in computer science is required.
- M.Sc-Data Science: Those applicants who have passed an undergraduate degree in BA, BSc, BE, or BTech, with a strong background in mathematics/ statistics/ computer science, are eligible.
- Ph.D-Mathematics: A degree of B.E. / B.Tech/ B.Sc. (Mathematics)/ M.Sc. (Mathematics) should be there.
- Ph.D-Computer Science: Candidate should pass any B.E/ B.Tech/ MCA/ M.Sc. (C.S.) degree from a recognized institute.
- Ph.D. in Physics: Candidate must pass a degree in M.Sc. (Physics).
CMI Entrance Exam 2023 Application Form
The official authorities of CMI will release the application form via online mode in the 1st week of May 2023. Those candidates who reside in remote areas with low network coverage are suggested to submit the hard copy of the application form via mail or post. The institute will not consider any late submission therefore candidates won’t lose the chance to apply for the entrance exam. All the applicants are told to register themselves online and fill the form with all the correct and authentic details. Any blunder in the details of the CMI application form will further result in the cancellation of the candidate’s admission, even at the later stages. Candidates can opt for net banking, debit card, credit card, and other online modes for the payment of application fees.
CMI Entrance Exam Centres
- New Delhi
CMI Entrance Exam Pattern
|B.Sc Hons in Mathematics and Computer Science||
|B.Sc Hons Mathematics and Physics||
|M.Sc Computer Science||
|M.Sc Data Science||
CMI Entrance Exam 2023 Result
The conducting authority announced the CMI Entrance Exam Result 2023 on August 21. It is made available in the form of a merit list via the official website i.e. www.cmi.ac.in. The result for CMI Entrance Exam 2023 will include details such as application ID; admit card number and names of the nominated candidates. Once the result is declared, the qualified candidates will receive the offer letters, and furthermore, they will have to take part in the counseling cum admission process according to the specified dates and details as mentioned on the offer letter. Although, for admission to Ph.D. programs, candidates have to appear for an interview round as well. The interview schedule will be declared along with the result announcement. The selected candidates will be required to report to the venue in person for the PI round.