The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the ministry of science & technology, Government of India is going to begin its application process for the session 2023. Those candidates who are interested to apply for Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology must check the whole information regarding DBT JRF 2023. Candidates will have to clear the entrance examination for getting selected. The complete information about the examination is provided in the article below.
DBT JRF 2023 Schedule
|The online application process begins from
|Last date to apply
|Start of the application fee
|Last date to submit the application fee
|Admit card release date
- The age of the candidate should not be more than 28 years as of 22nd March 2023. 5% of age relaxation will be provided to the candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST category.
- Candidate should be possessed with any one of the listed degrees-M.Sc./M.Tech/B.Tech/B.E./BS-MS/M.V.Sc.
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying exam with 60% marks. 55% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
- Appearing students are also eligible to apply for this exam.
DBT JRF 2023 Application form
- Firstly visit the official website of DBT JRF – www.bcil.nic.in.
- After that, register yourself by providing the basic details such as name, phone number, etc.
- User ID and password will be generated just after the registration.
- After logging in, candidates should enter their personal and academic details.
- Make sure to enter all the details in the application form to avoid any form-cancellation by the authority.
- A latest passport size photograph
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Qualifying Marks Certificate
- Appearing exam certificate
- Category/Caste Certificate (if any)
- After uploading the documents submit the application form and make payment through online mode.
- General, EWS, and OBC categories will have to pay Rs. 1000/-
- SC, ST, and PH candidates will have to pay Rs. 250/-
- Candidates can pay the application fee using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- The exam will be held online mode.
- The Paper will consist of 2 parts – Part A and Part B.
- There will be objective types of questions in the exam.
- There will be a total number of 100 questions in the paper. (50 questions from part A and 50 questions from part B)
- The medium of the exam will be in the English language.
- A duration of 3 hours will be provided to the candidate to complete the exam.
- Each question will consist of 3 marks.
- Part – A includes General Science, Chemistry, General aptitude, Mathematics, analytical, general biotechnology, quantitative ability, etc. There will be 50 questions in this part.
- Part – B includes questions from Biotechnology. There will be 50 questions in this part.
- Agricultural Biotechnology will include topics such as molecular biology and seed technology, Tissue Culture, Plant biology, Molecular Breeding and Genomics, Physiology, Transgenic Technologies, Biodiversity and Biotechnology, Abiotic and Biotic Stress Biology, etc.
- Animal Biotechnology will cover topics such as Biochemistry, Immunology, Animal Physiology, Pathology, Animal Parasitology, Histology and Embryology, Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Research methodologies, Animal genetics, Animal Virology, Molecular Diagnostics, etc.
- Environmental Biotechnology will include topics such as Basic Ecological Concepts and Principles, Water pollution, Environmental pollution, Environmental pollution control, Chemistry of organic and inorganic chemicals polluting Environment, Treatment of Typical Industrial Effluents, Waste Water Treatment Systems, Management of municipal, biomedical and agricultural solid waste, etc.
DBT JRF 2023 Result
After the conduction of the examination, the exam conducting authority will publish answer keys on the official website. Candidates can check the result by entering their user id and password. Selected candidates will be shortlisted for admission.
The only way to access the result of the JRF exam is by visiting the official website of the exam conducting body and providing candidate’s user id and password. The score card can also be downloaded by the candidate by logging in to their account.
Only on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the test, the authority will prepare two categories of merit list.
Selected candidates will have to send the photocopy of important documents preferably attested by gazetted officer/ HOD or else self-attested to the officer of DBT JRF programme. After the verification of all the eligibility documents, candidates will receive an award letter within one year from the date of announcement of the result. Activation of the fellowship (upon joining the university) will be done within two years from the date of issue of award letter. During the admission process, candidates will have to carry their original documents with them:
- A photocopy of the Hall Ticket
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Candidate’s final mark sheet of the qualifying exam
- Certificate of the qualifying degree
- Caste certificate
DBT JRF 2023 FAQs
Question: What is the official website of DBT JRF?
Ans. The official website of DBT JRF is www.bcil.nic.in.
Question: What is the last date to apply for DBT JRF 2023?
Ans. The last date of registering is in February 2023.
Question: Can appearing students apply?
Ans. Yes, appearing students can also apply.
Question: What will be the duration provided for the DBT JRF exam 2023?
Ans. The duration of 3 hours will be provided to complete the exam.