DTU LEET is Delhi Technological University Lateral Entry Engineering Test. DTU LEET is organised annually at the national level by the Delhi Technical University for the suitable candidates who seek direct admission to the desirable programmes.
By qualifying Delhi Technological University Lateral Entry Entrance Test (DTU LEET) 2023, expectants will be granted admission directly to the second year of the engineering degree courses. Candidates who hold a Diploma or B.Sc. in Engineering Under Graduate courses must take part in this examination for taking admission into engineering courses. After passing the DTU LEET 2023, students will be enrolled into the third semester of the 4-year B.Tech. program under the Delhi Technological University’s lateral entry scheme.
Courses Offered Under DTU LEET
The Delhi Technological University offers various courses under its Lateral Entry Scheme which involves:
- Mechanical with specialisation in Automotive Engineering (MAM)
- Polymer Science and Chemical Technology (PCT)
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Mathematics and Computing
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Environmental Engineering (ENE)
- Engineering Physics (EP)
- Biotechnology (BT)
DTU LEET 2023 Highlights
|Examination||Delhi Technological University Lateral Entry Entrance Test (DTU LEET) 2023|
|Exam Conducting Body||Delhi Technological University (DTU)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Courses Covered||Under Graduate level Engineering courses|
DTU LEET 2023 Important Dates
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Starting date to submit the Application form||1st week of May 2023|
|Deadline to submit the Application form||2nd week of May 2023|
|Admit Card Issue date||June 2023|
|Merit list release date||June 2023|
|First Round Counseling||July 2023|
|Second Round Counseling||July 2023|
|Display list for Vacant Seats||July 2023|
Before registering for DTU LEET, Contenders should know its eligibility criteria:
- Appliers who have successfully completed three years of diploma in any branch of engineering from a well known and familiar university or institute are eligible for the entrance exam. General category applicants should have procured a minimum of 60% scores in their diploma course. Applicants from the reserved category (SC/ ST) should possess 50 to 55% in their last qualifying examination.
- Aspirants who are studying in their final year may also apply for the examination; however, they will be asked to submit a few documents during the time of admission.
- Minimum age to apply is 18 years and the maximum age limit is 26 years.
- Those who hold a diploma from some well known and recognized university situated in Delhi will be eligible for admission in Delhi region only. Instead, applicants who have passed their diploma course from a well known recognized university based outside Delhi region may also apply for the entrance exam from outside Delhi region only.
DTU LEET 2023 Application Form
- In the initial step, applicants have to go to the official web portal of Delhi Technological University- www.dtu.ac.in.
- On the homepage of the DTU’s official web page, click on the Admission button.
- Now choose the B.Tech Lateral Entry course.
- Click on the Online Registration link and start registering yourself by providing details such as candidates name, email, phone number, password, etc.
- To fill up the application form, candidates will have to log in again with their login credentials.
- Upload passport sized photograph and signature in the mentioned formats.
- Pay the necessary amount of Application fee. It is informed that the application fee will not be refunded once it is paid.
- Lastly, submit the DTU Lateral Entry 2023 Application Form and generate the print of the form and fee receipt.
|General candidates||INR 1500/-|
- DTU LEET is conducted in both online mode (Computer Based Test) as well as offline mode (pen-paper based).
- Authorities of DTU will provide a total number of two hours to the applicants for solving the entire question paper.
- No extra time will be provided to the applicants for completing the paper.
- Each right answer carries four marks.
- Each incorrect answer will have a provision of -1 negative marking.
- Once the exam is over, the officials of DTU will compose a selection list on the basis of the scored obtained by the applicants in the entrance exam.
The results are going to be available for B.Tech programs (Lateral Entry) Admission on the official website of the university by the authorities. Therefore, participants can easily check and download their outcome/ scorecard for the exam by simply providing the login details on the authorised website of Delhi Technological University. We suggest the candidates to download a print copy of their result from the website after checking all the details carefully. The scorecard is a necessary document so, participants must keep it safe as it will be required at the time of admission.