DU SOL 2023: The Delhi University School of Open Learning (DU SOL) is going to provide admissions into its different degree programs this year. It will soon be releasing application forms for admission in 2023. Eligible candidates will get admission in BA, B.Com, MA, M.Com, etc. courses. The applicants can register themselves online on the official website of DU SOL. Admissions into UG courses will be done on a merit basis and for PG courses, it will be done on the basis of merit (for 50% seats) and entrance exam (for the remaining 50% seats). You can check the complete details of the DU SOL admission 2023 here in this article.
DU SOL 2023 Highlights
|Name of the admission process||Delhi University School of Open Learning (DU SOL) UG/PG Admission|
|Exam conducting body||DU SOL|
|Official website of DU SOL||www.soldu.ac.in.|
|Programs Offered||UG/PG Admission|
|Selection mode||For UG- Merit basis, For PG- Entrance/Merit Based|
|Mode of Education||Distance Education|
DU SOL 2023 Important Dates
|Events||UG Programmes||PG Programmes|
|Availability of online application form||4th week of July 2023||July 2023|
|Last date to apply online||August 2023||July 2023|
|Last date to pay the fee with late fee Rs. 200/-||August 2023||–|
|Admit card||–||To be announced|
|Exam date||–||August 2023|
|Result/Merit list||–||To be announced|
|Counseling||–||To be announced|
- Indian Nationals and Foreign Nationals residing in India are eligible to apply.
- There is no specified age limit for undergraduate and postgraduate courses prescribed by the university.
- For UG admission, candidates have to score minimum qualifying marks in class 12th.
- For PG admission, candidates must have a relevant UG degree.
- Check the Educational Qualification in detail:
For UG courses
- BA (Hons) English: Class 12th with at least 65% aggregate marks and minimum 75% marks in English Core or 65% in Functional English/ English Elective and three academic subjects (no vocational stream) is required.
- BA (Hons) Political Science: Class 12th with at least one language and 3 academic subjects (no vocational stream) and 50% aggregate marks is required.
- B.Com (Hons): 10+2 with 55% in aggregate or with 60% in vocational/ technical discipline with commerce is needed.
- BA and B.Com: 12th with at least 40% aggregate marks are required.
For PG courses
- MA (Sanskrit): BA (Hons) in Sanskrit from the University of Delhi with 60% aggregate marks (54% for OBC category candidates) is a must.
- For MA (Hindi): BA (Hons) in Hindi from the University of Delhi with a minimum of 65% marks in aggregate (58.5% for OBC category candidates) is required.
- MA (History): BA (Hons) in History from Delhi University with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks should be a must.
- MA (Political Science): BA (Hons) in Political Science from Delhi University with a minimum of 60% marks is required.
- M.Com: B.Com with 70% marks for the general category, 63% for the OBC category, 65% for CW/ PWD Category, and passing marks for SC/ ST category is a must.
DU SOL 2023 Application Form
- The application form for both the UG and PG courses will be made available on the official website of DU SOL.
- It is necessary to complete the registration process before the due date.
- Meanwhile, applicants have to enter all their personal details, academic qualification, and communication details.
- Candidates are also required to upload the scanned image of their recent passport size photographs and signatures in JPG, or JPEG format.
- The candidates are instructed to revise all the necessary details before submitting the application form.
- Then, the candidates are required to pay the application fee to complete the application process. Without this step, the application form will be incomplete.
- The applicants can pay the fee online through the available payment gateway.
- Meanwhile, the printout of the application form has to be taken. As it will be useful for the document verification process.
|General/OBC candidates||INR 500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||INR 250/-|
Admission to UG courses is completely done on a merit basis. Therefore, there will be no entrance exam for admission to Under Graduate courses.
- The examination is conducted in the month of August 2023.
- The DU SOL Exam is conducted through online mode.
- The duration of the DU SOL examination will be of two hours.
- The question paper consists of MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions).
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be given to the applicant.
- There will be a negative marking in the DU SOL Examination for the wrong response. One mark will be subtracted for incorrect answers.
- Candidates have to carry a black or blue pen for filling the OMR sheet as the exam mode will be offline.
|Sections||No. of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Reasoning and Analytical Ability||25||100|
As we have mentioned above in the post Admission to UG courses will be done on the candidate’s qualifying marks. While for PG courses, there is an admission criterion:
Admission to 50% of seats of the PG course will be done on an entrance basis. However, the remaining 50% of seats will be filled on an entrance basis. Only the candidates who have done their graduation from DU will be eligible for direct admission.
DU SOL 2023 Result/ Merit List
- The university will announce the exam result online mode and the candidates can check it from the official university’s website.
- DU will prepare the merit list on the basis of candidates’ performance in the entrance exam.
- For direct admissions, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of performance in the qualifying exam i.e. 10+2.
- For each degree course, a separate merit list will be prepared.
- The merit list will have the candidate’s name, form number, roll number, category, and general rank.
- Selected entrants for admission need to get their eligibility and documents verified first.
- Reporting candidates are required to carry with them all their necessary and mandatory certificates/ documents in the form of original as well as photocopy.
- Details in concern with the admission process will be intimidated to the candidates via the official website of the university.
- After the documents verification is successful, final admission will be granted to the candidates and they will receive the study material after that too.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the online registration date for DU SOL UG Admission 2023?
Ans. The online application process for the UG course will start in the 4th week of July 2023.
Question: What is the basis of admission to the UG course in DU SOL?
Ans. Admission to the UG course in DU SOL will be done on direct merit basis.
Question: Which authority is the conducting body of DU SOL entrance exam 2023?
Ans. The University of Delhi will organize the entrance test.
Question: What is the official website of DU SOL?
Ans. The official website is www.soldu.ac.in.