FCI Recruitment 2023: FCI- Food Corporation of India is termed as one of the largest public sector undertakings that aim at ensuring the food security of the nation. It was established under the food corporation act in 1964. FCI conducts an examination every year for various posts. Candidates can apply through the official website of FCI- www.fci.gov.in. The exam is organized for various posts such as:
- Junior Engineer (JE) (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)
- Assistant Grade-II (Hindi)
- Assistant Grade-III (General/ Technical/ Accounts/ Depot)
- Typist (Hindi)
- Steno Grade-II
To take part in FCI Recruitment 2023, candidates need to apply online on the official web portal of FCI. Aspirants need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria in order to apply for FCI. Candidates who are aspiring fir various posts under FCI must fill the application form online.
The Food Corporation of India also known as FCI was established in the year 1965 and is situated in New Delhi, India. Basically, it is a subsidiary of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution of the Indian Government. The Food Corporation of India offers a wide range of services, including government policy administration which is in charge of ensuring national food security, and providing rice and wheat products. Food Corporation of India has regional centres in each district centres in the major areas of state and the state’s capitals.
Recruitment 2023 Highlights
|Exam name||FCI Category III Recruitment Exam|
|Conducting authority||Food Corporation of India|
FCI Recruitment 2023 Important Dates
|Online application form release||To be notified|
|Last date of form submission||To be notified|
|Admit card release date||To be notified|
|Exam date||To be notified|
|Result declaration||To be notified|
The candidate’s minimum age should be 18 years.
- Junior Engineer (Civil) – Degree/diploma in civil engineering along with one year of experience is required. The maximum age limit is 28 years.
- Junior Engineer (mechanical/electrical) – Degree/diploma in mechanical/civil engineering. One year of experience for diploma holders is required. The maximum age limit is 28 years.
- Steno Grade-II- Degree in Computer applications along with a typing speed of 40 w.p.m. and shorthand of 80 w.p.m is required. The maximum age limit is 25 years.
- Candidate must hold graduation degree and 0’level qualification of DOEACC with the same typing speed and shorthand is required.
- Assistant Grade-II- The candidate must have done graduation with Hindi as the main subject. The candidate should be proficient in English. They must have one year of experience in English to Hindi translation and vice versa. The maximum age limit is 28 years.
- Typist (Hindi) – The candidate should complete graduation. They must have a typing speed in Hindi of 30 w.p.m. The maximum age limit is 25 years.
- Assistant Grade III (General) and (Depot) – Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university is required. The candidate must have a good knowledge of computers. The maximum age limit is 27 years.
- Assistant Grade III (Accounts) – The candidate should have completed a bachelor of commerce from a recognized university. Also, they should have knowledge of computers. The maximum age limit is 27 years.
- Assistant Grade III (Technical) – B.Sc. in Agriculture or B.Sc. in Microbiology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Food Science/Botany/Zoology
- BE/B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering/Biotechnology/Food Science and Technology.
Candidate must be proficient in computer. The maximum age limit is 27 years.
FCI Recruitment 2023 Application Form
- To apply online, the candidates are required to log in to the official website of FCI- www.fci.gov.in.
- Secondly, applicants have to enter all their personal details, academic qualifications, exam center details, posts applied for, communicational details, etc.
- Candidates are also required to upload the scanned image of their recent passport size photograph, handwritten declaration, and signature in the given format.
- Then, the candidates are required to pay the application fee to complete the process application process. The applicants can pay the fee online through credit/debit card/internet banking/IMPS/UPI/Mobile Wallets/Cash etc.
- Meanwhile, the candidates are instructed to modify all the necessary details before submitting the application form.
- After submitting the application form, the applicants are advised to take out multiple prints of the form for other uses.
The selection process is done through the following phases:
- Online Test
- Skill Test
- Document Verification
- The online test will be organized in two phases i.e. phase 1 and phase 2.
- Phase 1- All the questions will be of Objective type. There will be a negative marking of 1/4th marks.
|Sections||No. of questions||Duration||Medium|
|English language||30||20 minutes||English|
|Reasoning ability||35||20 minutes||Bilingual|
|Numerical aptitude||35||20 minutes||Bilingual|
|One paper exam||Paper 1 only||
|Paper 3rd only||Typist (Hindi)|
|Paper 5th only||Steno Grade II|
|Two paper exam||Paper 1 and Paper 2||
|Paper 3rd and Paper 4th||AG II (Hindi)|
Different Papers Pattern
|Papers||No. of questions||Negative marking|
|Paper I, Paper III, and Paper V||120 MCQ||1/4th marks|
|Paper-II (Phase II)||60 MCQ||1/4th marks|
|Paper IV||2 (Descriptive questions)||No negative marking|
Duration of Papers
|Paper I||90 minutes|
|Paper III||90 minutes|
|Paper IV||90 minutes|
|Paper V||90 minutes|
Only those candidates, who have applied for the post of Hindi Typist and Steno Grade-II, can appear for the skill test. However, they can only appear if they successfully clear the Phase 2 exam. For the typist, a skill test will be conducted for typing in Hindi. While the post of steno skill test will be for typing and shorthand.
Once the online test and skill test are conducted, the authorities will release a merit list of the shortlisted students. Selected students will be further called for the document verification process.
|Post Name||Scale of Pay (IDA Pattern)|
|Medical Officer||50,000- 1,60,000/|
|AGM- General Administration||60,000- 1,80,000/|
|AGM- Technical||60,000- 1,80,000/|
|AGM- Accounts||60,000- 1,80,000/|
|AGM- Law||60,000- 1,80,000/|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official website for FCI?
Ans. The official website is www.fci.gov.in.
Question: What is the educational qualification required for Assistant Grade III (Depot)?
Ans. The candidate who holds a graduation degree is eligible to apply for this post.
Question: What is the application fee for General and OBC candidates for Recruitment Process?
Ans. The general and OBC categories have to pay Rs. 200/- while the reserved category need not pay any fee.