GATE 2023: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted for admission for M.Tech and Ph.D. courses. This entrance exam is conducted by various IISc and IITs. This is one of the most prestigious entrance exams conducted for masters and doctoral courses in engineering. GATE can be applied only through online mode. No offline mode will be provided to apply for this exam. All the interested students are advised to check eligibility criteria, the application process, exam dates, and all the necessary information in the full post below.
GATE 2023 Schedule
|Online registration starts from||1st week of September 2023|
|Last date of registration||4th week of September 2023|
|Admit card release date||1st week of January 2023|
|Exam date||1st and 2nd week of February 2023|
|Answer key release date||3rd week of February 2023|
|Result declaration||3rd week of March 2023|
|Counseling start date||Last week of March 2023|
- Candidates of Indian and foreign nationality are eligible to apply for this exam.
- Candidates appearing in their final year of graduation and post-graduation can also apply.
- B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharma- Candidates must have done B.Tech or have a graduation degree after diploma in engineering/B.Sc/Technology can apply.
- B.Arch – Candidates must have done a 5-year course in B.Arch.
- B.Sc (research)/B.S- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in Science (4 years after 12th/post-diploma)
- Pharma D- Candidates must have done a 6-year course including internship.
- M.Sc/M.A/MCA- Candidates must possess a master’s degree in any field of Science/Computer Application/Mathematics/Statistics.
- Integrated M.E/M.Tech or dual degree- Candidates must possess an integrated or dual degree in engineering/technology.
GATE 2023 Application Process
- The application form will be available via online mode from September 2023.
- Candidates must submit the application form before the due date i.e. 4th week of September 2023.
- The Application procedure will include various steps like exam registration, exam selection, uploading documents, application verification, and fee payment.
- During the registration process, candidates will also have to provide their email ID & contact details in the application form.
- Candidates will be able to pay the application fee via online method – debit card, credit card or internet banking.
- All the important information related to the application form will be sent to the registered ID & phone number of the candidate.
- Lastly, candidates must not forget to take the printout of the duly filled application form for further use.
Application fee (India):
|Female candidates||INR 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||INR 750/-|
|Other candidates||INR 1500/-|
Application fee (Outside India):
|Addis Ababa, Dhaka, Kathmandu, and Colombo||US$ 50|
|Singapore and Dubai||US$ 100|
|Duration of exam||3 hrs|
|Total no. of questions||65|
|Total no. of papers||27|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions, Multiple select questions, and Numerical answers type|
|Marking scheme||There will be 1 mark and 2 mark questions.|
General Aptitude: English grammar, Reading comprehension, Sentence correction, Word groups, Data interpretation, Verbal reasoning
Aerospace Engineering (AE): Engineering mathematics, Structures, Flight mechanics, Space dynamics, Aerodynamics, Propulsion
Chemical Engineering (CH): Engineering Mathematics, Process calculations and thermodynamics, Fluid mechanics and mechanical operations
Mechanical Engineering (ME): Engineering Mathematics, Applied mechanics and design, Fluid mechanics and thermal sciences, Materials, Manufacturing, Industrial engineering
Petroleum Engineering (PE): Calculus, Linear algebra, Differential equations, Complex variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical methods, Petroleum exploration, Oil and gas drilling technology, Reservoir engineering, Petroleum production operations, Oil and gas well testing, Health safety, and environment in the petroleum industry, Enhanced oil recovery techniques
Computer Science and Information Technology (CS): Engineering Mathematics, Digital logic, Computer organization and architecture, programming and data structures, Algorithms, Theory of computation, Compiler design, Operating system, Databases, Computer networks
GATE 2023 FAQs
Question: Where to register for GATE 2023?
Ans. Candidates are required to register through online mode.
Question: When will the GATE 2023 Registration starts?
Ans. GATE 2023 registration will begin in the 1st week of September 2023.
Question: Who is the conducting authority of GATE?
Ans. It is conducted by various IISc and IITs.
Question: What is the mode of application fee payment?
Ans. The application fee can be paid online mode by debit card, credit card, or internet banking.
Question: What will be the mode of GATE 2023?
Ans. The exam mode will be online i.e. Computer Based Test.