WBCS 2023: West Bengal Civil Services is conducted for recruitment in the state civil services. It is conducted every year by the West Bengal Public Service Commission. The WBCS exam is organized for recruitment into various services below:
WBCS 2023 Important Dates
|Official notification release||October 2022|
|Online registration begins||November 2022|
|Last date to register||November 2022|
|Admit card availability||15 days prior to the exam|
|Preliminary exam date||January 2023|
|Main exam date||Updated soon|
|Result declaration||Updated soon|
What is the eligibility required to appear in WBCS?
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have done graduation from a recognized university. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Age Criteria: The age of the applicant must be between 21 years – 36 years. Backward classes and SC/ST category candidates will get relaxation of 3 years and 5 years respectively.
- Physical Standards
|Female (Gorkhas, Garhwalis, Assamese Tribals etc.)||1.50 meters|
WBCS 2023 Application form
- The application form is available in online mode from November 2023.
- Candidates must apply before the last date.
- Candidates need to follow some steps such as exam registration, exam selection, uploading documents, application verification, and fee payment.
- During the registration process, candidates will also have to provide their email ID & contact details in the application form. Any mistake in the application form will lead to a correction. So avoid making any mistakes in the form.
- Candidates will be able to pay the application fee via online mode using a credit card, debit card, and net banking.
- Candidates will receive all the important information related to the application form on their registered ID & phone number.
- Lastly, candidates should not forget to take the hard copy of the duly filled application form for future references.
|General category||INR 210/-|
Note- The application fee is non-refundable in nature.
- The exam will be held online mode.
- The medium of the exam will be English and Bengali.
- The exam will include 3 stages- Preliminary exam, main exam, and personality test.
|Exam||No. of questions||Marks|
|Paper 3||General Studies-I – Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement Geography of India (with reference to West Bengal)||200|
|Paper 4||General Studies-II – Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, Current Affairs, and General Knowledge||200|
|Constitution of India and Indian Economy||200|
|Paper 6||Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning||200|
|Paper 7||Optional Subject – Paper I||200|
|Paper 8||Optional Subject – Paper II||200|
Candidates who will qualify for the exam and score marks equal to or greater than cut-off marks will be called for a personality test. So, it is advised to the aspirants to qualify for both the exam and score the cut-off marks in order to select for the respective post. The marks for the respective group are listed in the table below:
|Group-A and B||200|
- West Bengal Civil Service (Executive)
- Assistant Commissioner of Revenue in the integrated West Bengal Revenue Service
- WB Co-operative Service
- WB Labour Service
- Food and Supplies Service
- West Bengal Employment Service
West Bengal Police Service
- Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent, Central Correctional Home
- Joint Block Development Officer
- Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices
- West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer
- Joint Registrar (West Bengal State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission under the Consumer Affairs Department, Government of West Bengal)
- Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation)
- Chief Controller of Correctional Services
- Inspector of Co-operative Societies
- Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development
- Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department
WBCS 2023 FAQs
Question: What is the official web portal of WBCS?
Ans. The official website is www.wbpsc.gov.in.
Question: Where can candidates register for the WBCS Examination 2023?
Ans. Candidates are required to register through the online website of WBCS.
Question: When will the WBCS online registration starts?
Ans. The online registration will start in the month of October.
Question: Which authority will conduct the WBCS exam 2023?
Ans. It will be conducted by the West Bengal Public Service Commission.
Question: When will WBCS 2023 admit card be released?
Ans. The admit card will be released 15 days before the exam.
Question: In which mode, the result will be declared?
Ans. The result will be published on the official website of WBPSC – www.wbpsc.gov.in.
Question: In which mode, fee payment can be made?
Ans. The application fee can be paid through debit card, credit card, internet banking, and offline mode both.
Question: What is the application fee?
Ans. The application fee is Rs. 210/- for the general category and reserve category candidates are exempted from paying any application fee.