Govind Ballabh Pant University is an agricultural university situated in Uttarakhand and mainly focuses on growth in the area of agricultural education, research, and development. It was renamed Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUAT) in memory of Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant (Uttar Pradesh’s first chief minister).
The university accepts JEE Main scores as one of the gateways for admission and the same is recognized by University Grants Commission, AICTE. It has a campus of 10016 acres. Moreover, the university organizes its separate competitive examination. Candidates who are willing to take admission in the B.Tech program will be enrolled on the basis of JEE Main scores. We have mentioned all the requisite details regarding GBPUAT Admission 2023 such as exam schedule, eligibility criteria, application form, examination pattern, etc.
GBPUAT Admission 2023 Overview
|Name of the University||GBPUAT|
|Full form||G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology|
|Courses offered||UG/ PG & PhD.|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||–|
|Official website||Check Here.|
|Address||Udham Singh Nagar, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand|
GBPUAT Admission 2023 Important Dates
|For UG, PG, MCA, and Ph.D. programs|
|Online application form submission on||2nd week of February 2023|
|Deadline to apply||Last week of March 2023|
|Deadline for fee payment||1st week of April 2023|
|Admit card issue date||May|
|For M.Tech and sponsored candidates for all programs|
|Online application form submission begins on||2nd week of February 2023|
|Last date to apply online||Last week of March 2023|
|End date for fee payment||1st week of April 2023|
|Admit card availability||May|
|Ph.D. and masters entrance exam||June|
|Announcement of result||June|
For Undergraduate Programmes:
- B.Sc. Agriculture: A candidate must have passed Intermediate Agriculture/ Science with Mathematics or Biology.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science / B.Sc. (Food Technology): Applicant should have cleared Intermediate with Science, Mathematics, or Biology as main subjects.
- V. Sc. & A.H: Applicants are required to pass intermediate with Science stream including Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as mandatory subjects.
- Candidates belonging to the general category need to acquire a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Candidates belonging to OBC, SC & ST categories must have obtained a minimum of 47.5% aggregate marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Candidates who have passed class 12th from a recognized board of education can apply for B.Tech.
- They must have studied Physics and Mathematics with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science being any one of the optional subjects.
- Candidates need to pass major in Agricultural Economics -B.Sc. in Agriculture/ Forestry/ Fisheries/ Horticulture/ Agri. Marketing/ Home Sc.
- They should have passed majors in Agril. Engineering (Power Engg. and Farm Machinery) and UG degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Agricultural Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Applicant must pass majors in Clothing & Textiles – B.Sc. Home Science/ Family & Community Sciences/ Home Economics with Intermediate Science.
- They are required to clear majors in Plant Physiology – B.Sc. in Agriculture/ Chemistry, Botany and Zoology / Microbiology/ Horticulture with Chemistry/ B.Sc. Forestry.
- A major passed candidate in Agricultural Economics – M.Sc.Ag. Agril. Economics/M.Sc. Dairy Economics/ Rural Banking & Agril. Eco. / Forest Economics/ Livestock Economics is eligible.
- A major passed candidate in Electrical Engineering – UG degree in Electrical Engg. / Electronics Engg. from a recognized University and Masters’ degree in the field of Electrical Engg. is eligible.
- Applicant should have cleared major in Human Nutrition – M.Sc. in Foods & Nutrition/ Nutrition/ Food Science & Tech. / Nutrition & Dietetics/ Food Science & Nutrition.
- Those who have passed major in Biochemistry – M.Sc. Ag. / M.Sc. in Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Chemistry/ Molecular Biology & Biotech. / Foods and Nutrition/ Biotechnology/ Biophysics /Agril. Chemicals.
GBPUAT Admission 2023 Application Form
All the steps to fill GBPUAT Application form 2023 are provided below for the reference of applicants:
- Aspirants have to visit the official website i.e. www.gbpuat.ac.in.
- Find and click on the link for “Application Form”.
- Aspirants need to register themselves and post the registration, a part is completed.
- Fill in all the necessary details as asked in the GBPUAT Application form.
- It is suggested to the applicants to double-check the entered details.
- Aspirants must upload the mandatory documents/ certificates in the application form of GBPUAT 2023.
|General category||INR 1200/-|
|SC/ ST/ PH Category||INR 600/-|
GBPUAT 2023 Exam Pattern
|Programs||Pattern of Exam|
|PhD Programme||Subject Matter Test
|Master’s Programs and MCA Programs||Aptitude Test and Subject Matter